Page 310 of 313 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313 LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Again those are two of DC best selling titles it’s like being an opening act for taylor swift
    You are not wrong. That's a majority of DC's readers right there but that doesn't = solo title.

Lets be real, Whether Damian gets a solo depend on fans response. showing DC there's a demand for it by voting with with Wallets [critical response is good but not really a decider]

DC's cutting cost's. Look at the recent solicits, only the trinity, teams /anthologies and Nightwing. Titles that pretty much are guaranteed to sell only. Honestly I feel that the likelihood of Damian getting a solo depends on sales of these backups, the sales of the Supersons Digital series or even better Damian Figures and such.

Fan reaction and demands brought back Supersons and these backups

In a recent interview posted on this site, the Batman Group Editor said fans have been asking "where's Damian?"
    [DC is listening which is good] and they are willing to deliver so long as it makes money for them.

That's really it. If it makes money then DC will keep pushing it.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-20-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You are not wrong. That's a majority of DC's readers right there but that doesn't = solo title.

Lets be real, Whether Damian gets a solo depend on fans response. showing DC there's a demand for it by voting with with Wallets [critical response is good but not really a decider]

DC's cutting cost's. Look at the recent solicits, only the trinity, teams /anthologies and Nightwing. Titles that pretty much are guaranteed to sell only. Honestly I feel that the likelihood of Damian getting a solo depends on sales of these backups, the sales of the Supersons Digital series or even better Damian Figures and such.

In a recent interview posted on this site, the Batman Group Editor said fans have been asking "where's Damian?"
    [DC is listening which is good] and they are willing to deliver so long as it makes money for them.

It’s pretty much confirmed this is just a prequel to his own series. Damian is fine. He has led books that kept up with dick Grayson DC is aware of him.

I appreciate DC’s predicament for needing proven sources of income.

But I’m not giving them my $10 bucks for some backup stories in the hopes that they give Damian a solo title again that MIGHT last 10-15 issues. The structure of comics these days is pretty sorry, with non A-listers barely getting room to breathe. A book that lasts less than 20 issues is a limited series no matter how it’s marketed, and I’m not really interested in that.

If the current form of releasing comics holds then I’d rather see the industry die off than continue on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I appreciate DC’s predicament for needing proven sources of income.

But I’m not giving them my $10 bucks for some backup stories in the hopes that they give Damian a solo title again that MIGHT last 10-15 issues. The structure of comics these days is pretty sorry, with non A-listers barely getting room to breathe. A book that lasts less than 20 issues is a limited series no matter how it’s marketed, and I’m not really interested in that.

If the current form of releasing comics holds then I’d rather see the industry die off than continue on.
    Once again those are two of DC most profitable and popular books. They are gonna have eyes on them.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

ASIAN SQUAT LOL it's because Americans don't have squatting toilet XD

The fanarts of his new garb have been really good

EppuRkMXIAgmPSA.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/DuhDude10...05277662191616

Fantastic Member

So Challenge of the Supersons#2 just released.
    Thoughts?
    I'd say it was a fun issue, not too good nor bad, just fun.

So, fan-fic time; Trinity on AO3 features Damian, Jon, and Lyta Trevor while all the same age in Junior High. Each one has had their own arcs, and their own development. Even with shoutouts to canon. And honestly, Jon being the same age as Damian is probably the only thing I wished had happened from the onset of his character. Be it they both being 10, or both being 13, it should have happened (well, with a few months difference, obviously). And Lyta feels about how you would imagine the daughter of Diana and Steve to be, though a little more obstinate than Diana due to her outside influence, but still understanding and able to brush through gruff fronts like her mother. 13 chapters out right now. Not the quickest releases, but they still come out, with good length chapters.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/23...pters/55987546

Also, after reading the latest Super Sons issue;

spoilers:
    Looks like the boys are out to rescue the Justice League, and can't afford to let the Leaguers know about it.
    end of spoilers

Tec came out today and...Honestly, it wasn't perfect but it went better than I was expecting.

spoilers:

Damain's not necessarily "back", which makes his appearance in Nightwing kinda confusing, but he and Bruce are at least on good-ish terms again. And Bruce finally said what he should have said way back during Alfred's memorial. That said, there's a lot they should still probably talk about. A lot that probably won't ever be touched on. This wasn't the conclusion I was hoping for, and I kinda wish it hadn't been juxtaposed with all the Mirror dude and election stuff. But I'm satisfied.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-22-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    ASIAN SQUAT LOL it's because Americans don't have squatting toilet XD

The fanarts of his new garb have been really good

EppuRkMXIAgmPSA.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/DuhDude10...05277662191616
    Mmh I wonder is this new look an attempt to target the YA market? My daughter has been raving about this new Damian since I showed her his new look.

Aesthetics is a huge part of the appeal for that demographic and this new look is very stylised.

DC should consider it. Damian and Romance has proven very popular [still can't believe that Damian and Raven beat out Clark and lois to be the most popular ship in the DCAMU]

This is cute

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So after reading the last issue of Tec, I have a feeling the quest Damian will be on is trying to ressurect Alfred. Clearly he feels pretty upset about that still and obviously a big part of Rha's Al Ghoul storylines deal with ressurection, so it just seems likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So after reading the last issue of Tec, I have a feeling the quest Damian will be on is trying to ressurect Alfred. Clearly he feels pretty upset about that still and obviously a big part of Rha's Al Ghoul storylines deal with ressurection, so it just seems likely to me.
    spoilers:
    It would explain him meeting with Talia in the backups.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Mmh I wonder is this new look an attempt to target the YA market? My daughter has been raving about this new Damian since I showed her his new look.

Aesthetics is a huge part of the appeal for that demographic and this new look is very stylised.

DC should consider it. Damian and Romance has proven very popular [still can't believe that Damian and Raven beat out Clark and lois to be the most popular ship in the DCAMU]
    It’s those gloves, I want them to be magic so bad. Yes DamiRae worked very well. I also though Damian and Maps were cute too, he’s probably one of the few heroes they could do a successfully YA novel for original.jpg
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 12-22-2020 at 10:53 PM.