Page 36 of 313 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    You guys think they might be throwing all this stuff on Damian to build on the Helena hype for King's BM/CW?

DCYou TT did something similar with Kon and Bart, but to be fair they were all the way at the edge at that time.
    Considering everything else DC let King throw under the bus for batcat, I wouldn't say it's impossible.
    Other possibility is whoever will play Robin for Luke.
    Or both.

God, I hope this doesn't turn out as bad as I fear, but the last two years have taught me to expect the worst.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

You guys think they might be throwing all this stuff on Damian to build on the Helena hype for King's BM/CW?

DCYou TT did something similar with Kon and Bart, but to be fair they were all the way at the edge at that time.
    We don' t know if there's actually going to be a Helena yet. King is making a Helena story but that could be non-canon for the Catwoman anniversary issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Yeah Jon defended him, but the Legion (Minus Brainiac 5) really weren't having any of it, as far as they're concerned - Damian's comparable to Adolf Hitler. It wasn't even in a teasing manner, they thought Damian being there was literally a sick joke played by Chameleon Boy.
    And the way Jon defended him was ooc. Something that always made Jon extremely angry in the Super Sons titles was either Damian or someone insulting/threatening Damian.
    Bendis'Jon is just a bubbly airhead, as are most Legion characters in this book.

No. I know that the only reason fans give here and on Reddit give for wanting Helena [the not huntress and from earth2 version] is Damianhaving a little sis to baby/care for/protect { that's the only reason on the various threads which is very very odd]

However I doubt dc reads comments or listens to fans. Damian stepping away from Robin is due to 5G most likely npt to get fans excited for possible damain and Baby Helena playtime.

Greetings Yen (lol, couldn't resist.) It's good to meet a fellow newbie, though technically we've both been a part of this thread for a while You're right about Damian, he has soo much potential it amazes me that DC continue to overlook that in favour portraying him the way they do. DC are quite literally hypocrites in this manner.

As for Bendis, it seems he has free reign whenever he gets his grubby hands on Damian. Like an idiot, I was willing to give the LOS a try if they treated Damian with a little courtesy, color me surprised - they didn't. After their comments, regardless if it were valid or not, LOS really lost any redeeming qualities (if it had any to begin with.)

Damian's had some great writers in the past, people like Tomasi handled his character well. Then you get people like Bendis who really know how to piss a fan off. I truly don't understand why he has to take out his anger on a character, when he's in control of said character. If he hates something about Damian, he literally has the power to correct the issue. If he hates Damian for no reason - then he's an idiot.

So yeah, there's some good stuff out there, and some spectacularly bad stuff as well. (Case in point - Baby Hitler) but with DC you never know.
    Bendis enjoys trolling Damian fans but I doubt he hates or even dislikes the character. He wouldn't use him if he hated him. It's just that he can't get his voice right.

He also doesn't know the character or enjoys using him as the not serious little kid who makes a lot of noise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No. I know that the only reason fans give here and on Reddit give for wanting Helena [the not huntress and from earth2 version] is Damianhaving a little sis to baby/care for/protect { that's the only reason on the various threads which is very very odd]

However I doubt dc reads comments or listens to fans. Damian stepping away from Robin is due to 5G most likely npt to get fans excited for possible damain and Baby Helena playtime.
    I wouldn't say that's the only reason. Some of them seem think that if Helena is born it would somehow cement batcat for all eternity.

As far as I know the Helena story King teased will be a one-shot in that Catwoman 80th anniversary book. Batman & Catwoman is according to King a standalone book and it's not clear when it will even come out yet. That makes it unlikely that it will have a big impact on the main universe.
    A big change like a pregnancy and a baby would have to come out of the main book and I can't remember Tynion giving any hints that something like this is supposed to happen in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Hello!!
    (This is my first post, I'm anxious haha)
    Another newbie? Welcome. You are the 2nd in a short time..

Bendis was a mistake.. If you donīt like one character donīt use him/her in your comics..

Is not like Damian presence was necessary in your comic. Nobody forced you to make him part of the legion.

Hello!!
    (This is my first post, I'm anxious haha)
    I've been reading this appreciation for quite a while and I would like to ask something...
    I've been having a huge trouble with figuring out what happened between Bruce and Damian... I've been searching the comics again and again and I only find 1 or 2 "new" scenes at the time... Today I tried to follow the whole "Doom war" event, but it's just a chaotic storyline...
    Do you know where can I find a Damian Wayne Reading Order from 2018-2019 till today? The last one was made in 2017....
    Also, something about everything written here:
    Damian, if used correctly, would be one of the most great sources of profit in DC. He could be one of the most loved characters in the whole universe, exactly because -even though his childhood was a bit surreal- his ethical struggle is real for every each of us. He is not perfect, he has mistakes, he has drawbacks...
    He is an anti-hero... And what drives me crazy with the fandom is why so hate, when other characters (heroes or antiheroes) may do similar things compared to him...
    And last but not least.... That "Hitler" line... A little respect for the human's history and the people who suffered and died would be nice for Bendis.
    As much as I love fictional characters and as much as I want to read complex comics... Some things must not be touched.
    I wonder that he was allowed to pull this thing...
    Welcome! Always Great to have new people

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Bendis enjoys trolling Damian fans but I doubt he hates or even dislikes the character. He wouldn't use him if he hated him. It's just that he can't get his voice right.

He also doesn't know the character or enjoys using him as the not serious little kid who makes a lot of noise.
    Lol, yeah that's probably true. I used to always give him a chance because I thought he'd eventually get the character close to being correct, but this legion issue just pissed me off.

Thank you for your responses and your kind words! ��
    I think that now everything starts going at it's place for the 5G, as it was mentioned in your recent messages.
    Damian will be the classic but much hated anti-hero of "doing/wanting the right things, but chasing them by the wrong means".
    Now, I believe that DC takes a HUGE risk that it is a result of the time that pressures things.
    Batman is the dark sad loner with a battler for 80 years. People get bored, but at the same time this is exactly the hero that he is.
    Taking Bruce and all the other major classics at the background as the old mentors (Bruce will be like 60 yo) means that they have to create a completely new product, a new "forefront" of protagonist heroes, which is not certain that will be likeable to the people... And going back would be weird ... So, I don't know how things will go from now on... I've been around DC for only 1.5 year and I find it sad... I don't want to know how other people may feel, that had been following these heroes over the years... It's sad..
    Also... Unpopular opinion: I low-key hate BatCat... And for sure I hate all this BatCat baby/happy ever after family idea....
    Making Bruce a classic father in a core-type family frame with Selina would be stupid, boring and out-of-character.
    He is already a father and a bad one at that.

And one more question: I read somewhere that in Doomsday clock ot was said that Damian must be saved from something... Do you know in which issue?
    Last edited by Yennefer; 01-20-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

And one more question: I read somewhere that in Doomsday clock it was said that Damian must be saved from something... Do you know in which issue?
    The last one. They only mentioned "Batman's son", no name given.

Incredible Member

He is already a father and a bad one at that.
    Sad but true.

Lol, yeah that's probably true. I used to always give him a chance because I thought he'd eventually get the character close to being correct, but this legion issue just pissed me off.
    The worst thing is I think his thinks he's Damian is funny. I don't think he gets fans don't like his characterisation.
    Some fans keep liking his supersons pics so he'll likely continue.

The Hitler thing i hoped maybe he meant that damian was bossy but then he used it in reference to batman 666 meaning he defiantly never read that story because that Damian is as far from anything that could be interpreted or even associated with Hitler, a fascist or even an authoritarian.

The Legion is made up of dunces it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I wouldn't say that's the only reason. Some of them seem think that if Helena is born it would somehow cement batcat for all eternity.

As far as I know the Helena story King teased will be a one-shot in that Catwoman 80th anniversary book. Batman & Catwoman is according to King a standalone book and it's not clear when it will even come out yet. That makes it unlikely that it will have a big impact on the main universe.
    A big change like a pregnancy and a baby would have to come out of the main book and I can't remember Tynion giving any hints that something like this is supposed to happen in his run.
    Oh I know there's that one poster who keeps hoping and posting that it will make King's story harder to retcon but they also gave the wanting Damian to have a litter sister.

I feel for the poster. He/she stuck with the run, got very upset when King was taken off and was worried the wedding would not be a thing.

Reading a story that spanned four years in the hopes that the end will reward your ship is not wise. Fans need to understand that a tease doesn't = promise. No writer willingly spoils their own story. If it's teased then understand that there will be a twist.
    King's using the old Carrot in front of a Donkey technique and it's working.

Some Damian and Alfred moments