Page 44 of 313 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I don't see how having Jon in there would hinder the story from being about Damian and Robin.
    Robin for Damian is about redemption and developement. I think his friendship with Jon shows that very well.

Edit: Or if we want to go with Batman and Robin Eternal (?, too tired to look it up): Bruce told him Robin is about suffering. He seems to suffer enough in that panel
    The Supersons isn't a story of Damian's redemption or development on the contrary it ignores a lot of his redemption and development.

The Supersons is a story of Jon Kent becoming a hero despite being paired up with that awful Wayne kid.

Damian doesn't grow in the Supersons. Her doesn't do anything we haven't seen him do before and he isn't anymore heroic. He's actually less.
    Even Maya who was with Damian on his year of Redemption is written as not seeing Damian as all that heroic. Maya! The one who said that Damian's R was about Redemption. Even her ignores everything they did together in RSOB.

Supersons was about Jon becoming a hero, the boys learning to get along [Dini already wrote that story and better for Damian] and having adventures together.

The only thing Supersons does for Damian's redemption is predict that he isn't redeemed. It shows that all that nonsense about Damian's redemption is just that nonsense because Jon doing bad in the future is due to Damian.

The book threw Damian under the bus majorly for the sake of Jon.

I find it odd that fans claim Damian is regressed in Rebirth aside from Supersons when the reverse is true.

Tomasi and Percy are two writers who regressed Damian's development.

Percy's Damian at least made new strides and was far more heroic than Supersons. Wanting to make friends, follow in Grayson's steps, learn to lead, was more mature and more than anything else he was ready to lay dowe his life for his new team shortly after meeting them. Percy's Damian was also trying to save The Fist because it was the right thing to do not because he was being petty and wanted to prove something to Batman like Supersons Damian was.

Tomasi regressed Damian to spotlight a new character and his Damian wasn't especially mature or heroic.

The truth is that Damian in Supersons is the only version that is regressed. Of all the writers who wrote Damian since 2016. I can point someway they have added something new. Some growth. supersons Damian is the only one who has gone backwards and not forward.

He doesn't do anything we haven't seen him do before.

If Tomasi wants to do a story about Damian's redemption/friendship then Maya is the better character to use since she is the one character that symbolises this.
    Maya should have been the guest in this celebration of Damian as Robin not Jon.

Damian's Robin is indeed about suffering and continues to be all about that. Tomasi is making the same mistake Tynion and Synder did with BRE though on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Robin makes up 1/2 of the supersons. It’s a duo that original to him in the mantle. I could say agent 37 of spiral
    Has nothing to do with Robin either
    Supersons is a duo that's original to Damian as Robin you are correct but this is a celebration of Robin. One half of that duo not the Duo.

I have an anniversary with my wife where we celebrate us as a duo. On my Birthday I get to celebrate me. I get to do whatever I want away from the kids and wife. It is about me even though I am one half of a duo

Incredible Member

God, if you guys want to be prissy, fine. The only thing I see on this panel is Damian shielding his best friend with his own body and being a hero and good friend.
    There is no pleasing you guys. And I disagree about Super Sons, but you guys seem hellbebt on being angry.

I'm really sad that Damian will have to share even more page with Kid Jon (whom I don't really like, while his teen version is far more interesting to me) when there is so many other characters he could - and should - interact with : Talia, Bruce, Selina, Duke, Dick, Jason, Tim, Maya, Suren, Goliath, the Fist crew... Hell, even just one story about him, alone, proving to no one but himself that he's a hero and a great Robin would be better than more Kid Jon tagging along and spouting "We are the SUPERSONS!" every three panels...

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The Supersons isn't a story of Damian's redemption or development on the contrary it ignores a lot of his redemption and development.

The Supersons is a story of Jon Kent becoming a hero despite being paired up with that awful Wayne kid.

Damian doesn't grow in the Supersons. Her doesn't do anything we haven't seen him do before and he isn't anymore heroic. He's actually less.
    Even Maya who was with Damian on his year of Redemption is written as not seeing Damian as all that heroic. Maya! The one who said that Damian's R was about Redemption. Even her ignores everything they did together in RSOB.

Supersons was about Jon becoming a hero, the boys learning to get along [Dini already wrote that story and better for Damian] and having adventures together.

The only thing Supersons does for Damian's redemption is predict that he isn't redeemed. It shows that all that nonsense about Damian's redemption is just that nonsense because Jon doing bad in the future is due to Damian.

The book threw Damian under the bus majorly for the sake of Jon.

I find it odd that fans claim Damian is regressed in Rebirth aside from Supersons when the reverse is true.

Tomasi and Percy are two writers who regressed Damian's development.

Percy's Damian at least made new strides and was far more heroic than Supersons. Wanting to make friends, follow in Grayson's steps, learn to lead, was more mature and more than anything else he was ready to lay dowe his life for his new team shortly after meeting them. Percy's Damian was also trying to save The Fist because it was the right thing to do not because he was being petty and wanted to prove something to Batman like Supersons Damian was.

Tomasi regressed Damian to spotlight a new character and his Damian wasn't especially mature or heroic.

The truth is that Damian in Supersons is the only version that is regressed. Of all the writers who wrote Damian since 2016. I can point someway they have added something new. Some growth. supersons Damian is the only one who has gone backwards and not forward.

He doesn't do anything we haven't seen him do before.

If Tomasi wants to do a story about Damian's redemption/friendship then Maya is the better character to use since she is the one character that symbolises this.
    Maya should have been the guest in this celebration of Damian as Robin not Jon.

Damian's Robin is indeed about suffering and continues to be all about that. Tomasi is making the same mistake Tynion and Synder did with BRE though on a smaller scale.
    Finally!

I've been saying this and arguing the Damian is regressed in Rebirth thing for a while now . It bugs me that fans make this claim while also upholding Tomasi and Supersons as an example of a well written Damian.

Supersons is was one of the best titles from DC in Rebirth and hands down the most enjoyable out of everything from DC in a while but Damian is regressed and exaggerated.

I get that this done because he is the bad cop of the duo. Dialled up to 100 percent moustache twirling level of evil to better contrast Jon's pure Superman goodness but that doesn't take away from or make his regression anymore factual.

They have a fun dynamic but Damian was written less heroic and more childish. Fans were ecstatic when Damian admitted that Jon was his friend when Damian's character already was past that stage even before Tomasi's B&R.
    Supersons set him back all the way back to his 1st TT days when he was briefly on the same team as Conner, Rose Wilson etc it set him back to right at the point when he 1st became Robin.
    Had him trying to solve the case about kid Amazo not because it was the right thing to do but because he wanted to solve the case before Batman to prove himself. Damian hasn't been about that in years and years. He does good because it's the right thing.

Maya would have been better but I would just prefer a Damian solo story but Damian not getting to do his thing solo is becoming a pattern. He isn't the only Robin nor was he the only Robin-like sidekick during his tenure so I'm not surprised his story is shared

Ironic for a character like Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Adam Glass is also on this so maybe that’s the Damian solo story.
    It just keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    God, if you guys want to be prissy, fine. The only thing I see on this panel is Damian shielding his best friend with his own body and being a hero and good friend.
    There is no pleasing you guys. And I disagree about Super Sons, but you guys seem hellbebt on being angry.
    It's very easy to please us just give us a solo story of Damian as Robin doing good and being in character. That shouldn't be hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm really sad that Damian will have to share even more page with Kid Jon (whom I don't really like, while his teen version is far more interesting to me) when there is so many other characters he could - and should - interact with : Talia, Bruce, Selina, Duke, Dick, Jason, Tim, Maya, Suren, Goliath, the Fist crew... Hell, even just one story about him, alone, proving to no one but himself that he's a hero and a great Robin would be better than more Kid Jon tagging along and spouting "We are the SUPERSONS!" every three panels...
    I don't see why we can't just get Damian being Robin or if it's about his redemption then Talia or Suren or Maya. Even Dick but better is solo damian.

Damian saving his pal isn't anything to do with Robin. I would try to save my pal and I'm no hero. Anyone would try to save som eone they care about. That's a given.

Damian saving someone he doesn't know that would be better.

Injustice 2 that issue that showed us Damian in his Robin days trying and failing to get back home by a set time because he chose to stop and help people on his way.

That is the type of story this should be about and that was in the injustice universe of all things.

Last edited by dietrich; 01-27-2020 at 04:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian's story is about how far a friend would go according to Jorge on twitter. The problem is
    1, Robin isn't about friendship. Supersons is about friendship. I get why some might take offence. This gives the impression that it's celebrating their friendship which is not at all what Robin is or should be about.
    2, Supersons is no more so why tease something that's gone? Not to mention that everything points to damian being detrimental to Jon

According to recent stories in the end Damian leads to Jon's doing bad and their friendship doesn't really go anywhere.
    They aren't going to be growing up together being batman and Superman.
    So what exactly are we doing?

Dick's story is set during his agent 37 years so Damian isn't alone in the 'go no where setting'.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-27-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Adam Glass is also on this so maybe that’s the Damian solo story.
    His Teen Titans co-writer Robbie Thompson is involved too - good chance it's a Teen Titans story. Same goes for Marv Wolfman's, since he was the New Teen Titans writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wish we got a story that was set more in the present by Tomasi.

Young Jon = in the past
    TT Damian = Damian going through a dark time.
    Both are not good for Damian as Robin going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian's story is about how far a friend would go according to Jorge on twitter. The problem is
    1, Robin isn't about friendship. Supersons is about friendship. I get why some might take offence. This gives the impression that it's celebrating their friendship which is not at all what Robin is or should be about.
    2, Supersons is no more so why tease something that's gone? Not to mention that everything points to damian being detrimental to Jon

According to recent stories in the end Damian leads to Jon's doing bad and their friendship doesn't really go anywhere.
    They aren't going to be growing up together being batman and Superman.
    So what exactly are we doing?

Dick's story is set during his agent 37 years so Damian isn't alone in the 'go no where setting'.
    Fans certainly are excited online for the Supersons story. It's amazing just how loud the supersons fans are and how much that partnership has become part of Damian as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Fans certainly are excited online for the Supersons story. It's amazing just how loud the supersons fans are and how much that partnership has become part of Damian as a character.
    Sometimes DC does give us the content we want but at the wrong time

I bet that had Bendis not took over Superman and relaunched Legion, Super Sons wouldn't have been cancelled. At least, not so soon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman