Page 46 of 313 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I said before that I forgot about that, didnt I? XD

Most of the stuff you listed were literally just jokes/comedic moments between the two. Something that should not only be expected in a more light-hearted and comedic series, but something friends do with each other all the time. It's not like it was all one sided. Damian's taken his fair share of pot shots at Jon too. That's just how they operate. Did Jon have more than Damian? I don't know. I wasn't necessarily keeping score. But they were both dicks to each other both in the way friends tend to be and in the way Damian is with everyone.

Like I said before, there was maybe one time in that entire series when I thought Damian was written in a way that made him seem overly childish or out of character. And it was so damn brief that I can't even remember exactly what he said. Aside from that, he was exactly how I'd expect him to be in a goofy, child friendly series where he's teamed up with another super kid. And I'm definitely not saying this as one of the people who only reads Super Sons becasue it supposedly makes Damian look bad. The kid's been one of my favorite comic book characters for years. I've loved watching his growth from his early days in Morrison's run. And, I still loved Super Sons to death and think his character needed something like this. And I'd have loved to see how their dynamic would have played out had they been able to move Jon onto a slightly more serious title like Teen Titans (Percy's run. I don't think there's any place for him in Glass' Titans).

I will agree with you on one thing though. The notion that Jon is Damian's moral compass has to stop (as does the shipping. But that's a whole other can of worms). And I see it more from fans than I do DC. The notion that Jon is the only thing keeping Damian from being a monster or that Damian is corrupting Jon needs to stop. He knew the difference between right and wrong WAY before he met Jon.

**** deleting. Give me the power to restore. The only thing I'd do is bring back Real Jon, make Maya relevant again, and restore the Teen Titans to their Pre-Flashpoint history. There are many things I want from DC right now but those are the most pressing matters lol

I know that you aren't one of those who got into the character of Damian via Supersons and i also don't believe that you or anyone else here read the title because it was the only place they could stomach Damian.

I would also argue that while those examples might be viewed as jokes that's subjective the objective truth is that they DID make him look bad at the expense of Jon.

Damian's only pot shots at Jon were around him being a farmboy or Damian bragging which also made Damian childish and pompous.

We have seen Damian relate to kids around his age in a casual situation. We saw this with Colin, Suren and Maya. So Tomasi already had something to work off of and we the readers already had an example of how he should be. Even compared to Maps.

Compare all those established examples of Damian to Jon and tell me you can't see what's wrong.

Not even gonna touch on all the comedic violence in Supersons

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    They've been on the right track already in regards to acknowledging the Titans' past. But considering we're still in the Post-Flashpoint universe, that raises A LOT of questions that still need to answered. Particularly in regards to the 2003 team. I'm usually not a fan of these but need an event or something cuz it feels like they're just throwing in random old callbacks regardless of whether or not it fits in with the current timeline. I want the old TT back. But I want it to make sense still lol

I need something totally concrete that can't be debated. Something that screams "The Teen Titans and ALL of their history are back". Or maybe I'm trippin' and that already happened in like Doomsday Clock or something else I didn't read.
    Doomsday Clock is iffy it pretty much restores everything but titles continue to contradict it so I don't know. For example Damian's story in the Alfred tribute is about to contradict since that shows stuff that should belong on a new world [New52 now all supposed to have happened on a different earth]
    Amongst other things.

I don't think DDC is going to be 100% relevant.
    Isn't Cyborg still a founding member of the JL? How does Star, Raven and BB being a part of Tim's and Damian's TT group work then and their ages?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian bragging which also made Damian childish and pompous.
    I mean....Damian is childish and pompous. Not as much as he was when he was first introduced, obviously. But he still has those qualities even outside of Super Sons. That's always kinda been part of his charm.

We have seen Damian relate to kids around his age in a casual situation. We saw this with Colin, Suren and Maya. So Tomasi already had something to work off of and we the readers already had an example of how he should be. Even compared to Maps.

Compare all those established examples of Damian to Jon and tell me you can't see what's wrong.
    I...uh...can't see what's wrong lol

Damian just has a different relationship than he does with all of those other people. It's honestly not unlike the different dynamics I have with certain friends as opposed to others.

I don't think DDC is going to be 100% relevant.
    Isn't Cyborg still a founding member of the JL? How does Star, Raven and BB being a part of Tim's and Damian's TT group work then and their ages?
    Apparently Cyborg's founding status has been revoked so who knows what's going on with him now? Odyssey and a few other titles imply that he has a previously established friendship with Raven and Kory. But they still seem hesitant to straight up say that he was a Titan.

As for BB and Raven, last I checked, things are still kinda iffy with them but they appear to have been at least aged up to the rest of their Titans and their histories have been...somewhat brought back....kinda sorta. Not sure how much though because if they're all the way back to where they were before Flashpoint, they'd be a couple right now.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-28-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The Supersons isn't a story of Damian's redemption or development on the contrary it ignores a lot of his redemption and development.

The Supersons is a story of Jon Kent becoming a hero despite being paired up with that awful Wayne kid.

Damian doesn't grow in the Supersons. Her doesn't do anything we haven't seen him do before and he isn't anymore heroic. He's actually less.
    Even Maya who was with Damian on his year of Redemption is written as not seeing Damian as all that heroic. Maya! The one who said that Damian's R was about Redemption. Even her ignores everything they did together in RSOB.

Supersons was about Jon becoming a hero, the boys learning to get along [Dini already wrote that story and better for Damian] and having adventures together.

The only thing Supersons does for Damian's redemption is predict that he isn't redeemed. It shows that all that nonsense about Damian's redemption is just that nonsense because Jon doing bad in the future is due to Damian.

The book threw Damian under the bus majorly for the sake of Jon.

I find it odd that fans claim Damian is regressed in Rebirth aside from Supersons when the reverse is true.
    FINALLY someone that notices about it.

For this I am not visiting CBR now like in the past.. Damian was my reason of my frequents visits to CBR and I added a lot of posts in his appreciations in the past.

But many people here transformed this in one Supersons gallery and I am not interested in remember Supersons..

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Percy's Damian at least made new strides and was far more heroic than Supersons. Wanting to make friends, follow in Grayson's steps, learn to lead, was more mature and more than anything else he was ready to lay dowe his life for his new team shortly after meeting them. Percy's Damian was also trying to save The Fist because it was the right thing to do not because he was being petty and wanted to prove something to Batman like Supersons Damian was.

Tomasi regressed Damian to spotlight a new character and his Damian wasn't especially mature or heroic.

If Tomasi wants to do a story about Damian's redemption/friendship then Maya is the better character to use since she is the one character that symbolises this.
    Maya should have been the guest in this celebration of Damian as Robin not Jon.
    When we losed GLEASON we losed Maya too
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-29-2020 at 02:24 AM.

There's no reason why other creators couldn't use her. Tomasi's used her before.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tomasi and Gleason were a dream team so it's no surprise he'd be the only other person who cared enough to use Maya. Unfortunately he seems to be the only person who cares enough to.

I still think she should have been a shoe-in for both of Damian's Titans teams. At least someone he could have made some off-hand comment about considering. But I guess she's stuck baby sitting the bizzaro boys until someone remembers she exists -____-

Personally, I think she's interesting enough to be a character in her own right and ot just someone who appear to back up Damian or Jon. Establish her as her own hero, you cowards! She's probably not ready to carry any kind of solo but, at least give me Maya as a new Birds of Prey or Outsiders member.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-29-2020 at 04:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I liked that Jon brought out that part of Damian but these days I'm so glad Jon got aged up and the Superson can no longer be.
    Superdsons was becoming too much of Damian's character and then when you get ignorant fans saying stuff like if Jon was here Damian wouldn't be doing this or that!

That kind of nonsense just pissed me off because
    1, it's not true. Jon has never been Damian's morality
    2, It's incredibly disrespectful to try to suggest that Damian's redemption or decision to be a hero can be attributed to a character that was created 10yrs after Damian became a hero.
    Do you really mean that or are you just feeling really upset with this story having the Supersons?

I have issues with Supersons too. I feel that Damian was negatively cast and I understand how irritating it is for ss fans to give Jon credit for Damian being good or their tendency to act like Damian has never had a friend or give Jon credit for Damian's redemption but even with all that I'm glad we had supersons. I was sad to see them go and Jon aged up was pointless.

Hopefully we'll get a Damian solo stroy. I'm more worried about the Adam Glass TT story than the Supersons story. I just hope that someone remembers that we are supposed to be celebrating him and make this a positive story about him [looking at you Glass]

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no reason why other creators couldn't use her. Tomasi's used her before.
    Tomasi only used her in stories he co-wrote with Gleason. This would hsave been a chance to use her on his own. Jon Kent has a future maya is still struggling. This would have been perfection .

Maya was with Damian during his redemption tour he understand more than maybe Dick and Bruce what Robin means to Damian and how hard Damian has come.

She understands that his R is for redemption. Jon doesn't get any of that. This would have been a great way yto bring this back to Damian's Redemption and what is special about Damian and Robin.

They suffered together and she watched him try to atone for his past.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.

First I'd like to say that I honestly hope that when the 5G time jump/whatever Shenanigans occur that Damian gets aged up and then I also hope that his costume changes to look a little bit like his Injustice comic looks. Either his pre-Nightwing look or his Injustice 2 Red Nightwing look, I'm not saying he should be Nightwing I just think that the costume kind of works.

DI984K-XUAEyL_q.jpg

D238E211-E4E0-424C-8BE1-AD60B9C14C8F.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-01-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    First I'd like to say that I honestly hope that when the 5G time jump/whatever Shenanigans occur that Damian gets aged up and then I also hope that his costume changes to look a little bit like his Injustice comic looks. Either his pre-Nightwing look or his Injustice 2 Red Nightwing look, I'm not saying he should be Nightwing I just think that the costume kind of works.

DI984K-XUAEyL_q.jpg

I like either his Red Nightwing or Al Ghul Beyond looks.

Al Ghul Beyond has its moments, but so does Batman 666 (yeah, I know, Luke Fox).

Injustice just looks like its trying too hard to be "super edgy!" and all.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

DI984K-XUAEyL_q.jpg

I like the Injustice suit and it symbolises so much but it's too Nightwing lite which eats into Nightwing's brand [the bats are so bloated they are cannibalising each other]. The Al Ghul Greens look great and it's a path that's damian's and no other bat fam can step into aside from cass if she decides to become his body guard as she was trained to.

But that would mean he's gone bad. i don't see a batman beyond scenario happening. That's for the end of the comics.

Lord knows what we'll get.

I can't wait to see everyone hit by the real time ageing it's going to be surreal.

I'd like to see Damian leading a good al ghul splinter faction. The league has broken up before so it wouldn't be too out of the blue.

Could get a heroic damian with the more unique green Al Ghul future look. So its win win.

My second choice would be Damian becoming his own man and creating his own identity. He's always been so obsessed with birthright and legacy with both the Al Ghul and Batman mantels. That him realizing that it isn't actually who he wants to be could be a really good story.