Page 48 of 313 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its not their ONLY focus, but it is a priority (and the upcoming arc in Red Hood is focused on that).
    Nice to hear the All Caste are back. I thought their potential had barely been scratched so glad to see that they haven't just been discarded.
    Looks like I'll have to start pulling RHATO again.

It's great to see not just Maya but Kathy and bizjon being used.

The Superman and Lois show on the CW will have a character called Jordan Kent. Jon's younger brother. Their actors are 19 and 15, and Jon and Damian in the comics are 17 and 13, so the age gap would match. Is Jordan supposed to be Damian, with his parentage changed?
    https://www.newsarama.com/48913-cw-s...ns-report.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Superman and Lois show on the CW will have a character called Jordan Kent. Jon's younger brother. Their actors are 19 and 15, and Jon and Damian in the comics are 17 and 13, so the age gap would match. Is Jordan supposed to be Damian, with his parentage changed?
    I think it's more likely Chris Kent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think it's more likely Chris Kent.
    It probably is not

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Ian Wayne from the Zoom Supersons?

A few months ago we had a discussion here when the casting call went out and social media jumped to the conclusion that it was Damian.

The amount of vitriol that sprang up [mostly from blog's that weren't Damian focused] was unreal. Suddenly correct representation was the most important thing about the character.

The site that had the casting call requirements was spammed with so much hate. Ian Wayne didn't get much negativity about the white wash. Not online or anywhere so I was surprised that ad got that much hate. DC nation online or the threads promoting the series etc

CW viewers must be very strict on accurate characterisation.

I doubt it's Damian. I hope it's not. This is a Superman show so it should be a character from his franchise. Damian can if he must can be introduced in Batwoman or Titans [it has Robins] I don't see the need to have a bat character in a show about Superman and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It probably is not
    It makes more sense. I want a Supersons animated show not on CW. Animation suits that brand better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It makes more sense. I want a Supersons animated show not on CW. Animation suits that brand better.
    On Dcuniverse would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    So Ian Wayne from the Zoom Supersons?

A few months ago we had a discussion here when the casting call went out and social media jumped to the conclusion that it was Damian.

The amount of vitriol that sprang up [mostly from blog's that weren't Damian focused] was unreal. Suddenly correct representation was the most important thing about the character.

The site that had the casting call requirements was spammed with so much hate. Ian Wayne didn't get much negativity about the white wash. Not online or anywhere so I was surprised that ad got that much hate. DC nation online or the threads promoting the series etc

CW viewers must be very strict on accurate characterisation.

I doubt it's Damian. I hope it's not. This is a Superman show so it should be a character from his franchise. Damian can if he must can be introduced in Batwoman or Titans [it has Robins] I don't see the need to have a bat character in a show about Superman and his family.
    Just to point out; when the first images were made available of "Ian Wayne", I did voice my "negativity" (to say the least). And have held this position ever since.

Incredible Member

Okay, apparently I messed up who is supposed to be Tim and who is Jason. But in my defense, the artist didn't do the best job when it comes to making the boys look distinct.

So far there's nothing really suprising about any of this, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. It just shows that the writers know the characters fairly well and write them accordingly.

Damian feels guilty and apparently Bruce's words make it kinda worse.

Tim fears Bruce might fall back into how he was after Jason's death. Not sure why Tim was the happiest to return to Gotham though.

Jason is at the public event in disguise because despite everything he still loved Alfred.

Ric had a feeling he should be there, but doesn't quite know why.

Bruce is unable to take care of himself and while his words about Alfred are moving he is unable to find the right words to keep the family from falling apart. According to Barbara he wouldn't be open for suggestions.

Incredible Member

The only thing that really bothers me is that DC is trying to pretend that Alfred's death is the catalyst for the family falling apart even though we didn't see the family as a unit for quite some time even when Alfred was alive. But I already expected that to be honest. It's another case of "what actually happened vs what the narrative tries to convince us of what happened"
    Last edited by Ansa; 02-08-2020 at 03:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    The only thing that really bothers me is that DC is trying to pretend that Alfred's death is the catalyst for the family falling apart even though we didn't see the family as a unit for quite some time even when Alfred was alive. But I already expected that to be honest. It's another case of "what actually happened vs what the narrative tries to convince us of what happened"
    The Bat Family fell apart years ago and has been a mess of varying degrees of toxicity , writers are just realizing it now.
    Last edited by king81992; 02-08-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Bat Family fell apart years ago and has been a mess of varying degrees of toxicity f, writers are just realizing it now.
    They have been a mess for years, but we still got some books where at least some of them worked together. It wasn't always a positive relationship, but at least there were some interactions.

Damian hasn't been seen consistently working at his father's side pretty much since Tomasi's Batman and Robin run ended, but their official break came after No Justice in May 2018. Even though writers can't really decide if Damian still comes to help Bruce with emergencies. It's a bit weird because Teen Titans still acts like they aren't talking with each other, but Damian was with Bruce in City of Bane, Justice League, Detective Comics and Event Leviathan.

Jason broke away after RHatO #25, also summer 2018.
    Same for Dick after he got shot in the head in Batman #55 and Bruce scared him away, as we saw in the Nightwing Annual.
    Tim went off to do his own thing after Tynion's Detective Comics run ended. Stephanie came with him. Duke and Cassandra were put under the leadership of Black Lightning in Outsiders because Bruce thought Jefferson Pierce would be a better help to them than Bruce could be.
    Barbara was always more idependent than some of the others.

All in all I would say the batfamily broke apart in the summer of 2018. Since then they mostly stopped interacting and only appear for glorified group shots.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Bat Family fell apart years ago and has been a mess of varying degrees of toxicity f, writers are just realizing it now.
    They fall apart - but at the end of the day they all come back together again eventually.

I suspect the Batfamily will rally by the end of Pennyworth RIP and if not there I reckon it will happen in Joker War.