Page 49 of 313 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    They fall apart - but at the end of the day they all come back together again eventually.

I suspect the Batfamily will rally by the end of Pennyworth RIP and if not there I reckon it will happen in Joker War.
    Usually I would suspect the same, but the rumor that Bruce will get replaced again for 5G and Bruce confronting and probably firing Damian in April makes me wonder if they want to break them even more to make it plausible why Bruce retires from the mantle.
    Last edited by Ansa; 02-08-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Usually I would suspect the same, but the rumor that Bruce will get replaced again for 5G and Bruce confronting and probably firing Damian in April make me wonder if they want to break them even more to make it plausible why Bruce retires from the mantle.
    I think Joker War will see Bruce reach breaking point - probably because his Family's identities have all been revealed and they are all under severe threat. Joker War will probably end with Bruce retiring from the mantle and giving up.

Rather than the Batfamily all fracturing I think i'd prefer to see them leave with Bruce - opening up the Batman role to Luke. Families have ups and downs but im not sure I like the idea of them all going their own way and abandoning Bruce on his own again. Seems for the last few years the Batfamily just gets more and more unstable - what better way to end Bruce's Rebirth story before 5g with him rallying all the people he loves most - Selina, Damian, Dick, Barbara, Jason etc and then kicking jokers arse!

If Bruce is mentoring Luke in 5g - I think itd be a whole lot more interesting if he actually had his own life outside the Batman world for once rather than the usual estranged lonely work obsessed bruce who pushes everyone he cares about away like we have seen a dozen times.

Incredible Member

I think Joker War will see Bruce reach breaking point - probably because his Family's identities have all been revealed and they are all under severe threat. Joker War will probably end with Bruce retiring from the mantle and giving up.

Rather than the Batfamily all fracturing I think i'd prefer to see them leave with Bruce - opening up the Batman role to Luke. Families have ups and downs but im not sure I like the idea of them all going their own way and abandoning Bruce on his own again. Seems for the last few years the Batfamily just gets more and more unstable - what better way to end Bruce's Rebirth story before 5g with him rallying all the people he loves most - Selina, Damian, Dick, Barbara, Jason etc and then kicking jokers arse!

If Bruce is mentoring Luke in 5g - I think itd be a whole lot more interesting if he actually had his own life outside the Batman world for once rather than the usual estranged lonely work obsessed bruce who pushes everyone he cares about away like we have seen a dozen times.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of the bat-family being apart. We've seen this enough over the last decade.
    If DC was lead by other people I would think that it was very much possible what you wrote could be the case and I'm not even saying it's impossible now. But Rebirth is officially over and the ones in charge are the same that pushed for New 52.
    Which means they love edgy drama. They are also the same people who the minute Geoff Johns was gone started to destroy a lot of the things people liked about Rebirth.
    So I don't have much hope left that they will let Bruce and the family go without doing even more harm to them.

Bruce would need to apologize to most of them, admit he was wrong, and sincerely at that. Which is something he simply doesn't do, and something that editorial/DC as a whole doesn't really make him do. Otherwise, it would feel VERY unearned for him to suddenly have everyone back.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Bruce would need to apologize to most of them, admit he was wrong, and sincerely at that. Which is something he simply doesn't do, and something that editorial/DC as a whole doesn't really make him do. Otherwise, it would feel VERY unearned for him to suddenly have everyone back.
    Yeah, that's the other problem. I know some fans just want to forget all the shit Bruce has done to them, be it physical abuse by beating them or emotional abuse by neglecting them or using them as pawns in his plans, but I won't stop seeing Bruce as a failure unless he sincerely apologizes and makes an effort to change. I don't want everyone to forgive him that quickly. Bruce is let off the hook by other characters way too easy in many cases.

I genuinely don't know why writers enjoy writing Bruce as such an arse half the time. I really like Bruce but sometimes he is so unlikeable! I like Batman when he is a bit more lighthearted - doesnt need to be cracking Jokes 24/7 but atleast not being dickish to his family or the league for no justifyable reason whatsoever.

PROBLEMS.. Look what the Jokes is watching.(Batman 89)

Joker-and-Punchline-in-Batman-89.jpg

Wanna bet he's known the Bat family's identities ever since he outed Dick? I know Dick's secret identity got put back in the bottle, but if Joker had already used that info to deduce Bruce's identity, he'd have been able to relearn it easily, and everyone else's too.

Except for Barbara, who he really should've already known about since the beginning of New 52, since Killing Joke remained canon. He shot Barbara, Batgirl disappears. She gets the use of her legs back - which being an experimental surgery is almost certainly public knowledge - and at roughly the same time, Batgirl's back. Doesn't take a genius to work out they're one and the same.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    PROBLEMS.. Look what the Jokes is watching.(Batman 89)

Joker-and-Punchline-in-Batman-89.jpg
    Why does Jpker need a board with their ids ? he's known this for years

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I can't muster any enthusiasm for comics these days especially Batfamily ones. I just started the SnagglePuss Chronicles and it's incredible. I heard Damian makes an Appearance later but that's not why I started it

I've stopped pulling any of the main comics like TT or Nightwing. I plan to pick up the Robin Special but I'm taking a break from the main comics.

Ric and every other shitty story line has just ruin ed them for me.

After seeing Bop last night I'm done.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-09-2020 at 07:38 AM.

This really makes me wonder if a long falling out needs to happen. For the most part fans seem to not main Nightwing being the link for the others. Just not having Batman. The whole Batfam has a large falling out. With Damian is already had a falling out with Bruce . So does it matter? Maybe he has a falling out with Dick?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Why does Joker need a board with their ids? he's known this for years
    if I wanna be kinda canon, he lost that knowledge during his amnesia in Superheavy, and while Batman kept him in the Batcave in Metal and Duke mentioned at least Dick in his presence, he has to retrace most of them.

Other than that, this is the other Joker.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This really makes me wonder if a long falling out needs to happen. For the most part fans seem to not main Nightwing being the link for the others. Just not having Batman. The whole Batfam has a large falling out. With Damian is already had a falling out with Bruce . So does it matter? Maybe he has a falling out with Dick?
    We are pretty sure Bruce and Damian are going to have a falling out in April because of the solicitation for the next TT annual.
    Bruce is probably going to be extremely pissed because of what Damian has done (even though Rebirth Batman really isn't that much better; secret prisons, lying to team mates and family, using extreme violence, realizing that Arkham doesn't work and you need more restrictive prisons...) and if you look at how Bruce has handled one of the boys "breaking his code" or simply refusing to do what he wants in the last few years it's not unreasonable to believe that Bruce is either going to yell at him or punch him, probably both.
    I don't have enough faith in the writers to realize that Bruce would be a massive hypocrite if he disowns Damian for this.

A falling out with Dick is impossible right now, because Dick is still Ric. I think we have to wait till summer for him to fully return as Nightwing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I can't muster any enthusiasm for comics these days especially Batfamily ones. I just started the SnagglePuss Chronicles and it's incredible. I heard Damian makes an Appearance later but that's not why I started it

I've stopped pulling any of the main comics like TT or Nightwing. I plan to pick up the Robin Special but I'm taking a break from the main comics.

Ric and every other shitty story line has just ruin ed them for me.

After seeing Bop last night I'm done.
    Can't say I'm enthusiastic either. Right now I'm not even sure if I want to stick around long enough to see if Bruce really does fire Damian or if Glass gives us something less predictable.