Page 53 of 313 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

I can't wait. I also keep waiting for someone to explain how Damian came to inherit Tim's jacket but nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm certain that Joker War is going to entail Bruce deliberately working to bring the family back together addressing and alleviating each member of the Bat family's concern. I also think that his conversation with Wonderwoman in Superman Heroes is some super foreshadowing for whats to come - with Bruce being jealous of Superman for having a happy family that is all out in the open.

I think Joker War will end with Bruce hanging up the cowl and doing what Alfred would have wanted - being a family with those he cares about most.
    I don't doubt that they will come together again in a few months. But it was nice to see Bruce getting held responsible for his behaviour for once.

Not really for once. He gets called out all the time. In fact RIP was one of the more tame lashings that he's gotten from Barbara. The problem is he never learns and never admits that the people telling him off are right.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I can't wait. I also keep waiting for someone to explain how Damian came to inherit Tim's jacket but nothing.
    That was really cute. I thought Damian's story, Waynocchio, was quite funny, in Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That was really cute. I thought Damian's story, Waynocchio, was quite funny, in Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime.
    I'm glad to hear it. I've been looking forward to this book for ever.
    I hope it features all the family just like Lil'Gotham. There's such slim pickings for Batfamily stuff it's funny to even keep calling them that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Not really for once. He gets called out all the time. In fact RIP was one of the more tame lashings that he's gotten from Barbara. The problem is he never learns and never admits that the people telling him off are right.
    He usually gets called out and then he gets let off the hook. Or Alfred or Superman swoop in with a line about how Bruce is still a great man/trusted friend. Here they are finally leaving him and really roast him for an entire book, not just one page.

And hey, Bruce didn't hit anyone this time. We're making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    He usually gets called out and then he gets let off the hook. Or Alfred or Superman swoop in with a line about how Bruce is still a great man/trusted friend. Here they are finally leaving him and really roast him for an entire book, not just one page.

And hey, Bruce didn't hit anyone this time. We're making progress.
    Oh they left him? Good show. It's about time but on the other hand noooo.... I want family.

This will make Poster Korath happy.

I want the family back. But I want them to do it without Bruce...at first, anyway. That whole book kept hammering in that Alfred and Dick were the ones keeping everyone together and that now Bruce needs to pick up the slack since they're gone. But why don't they do it themselves? You know what Alfred would have wanted to see? Since having all of them together was his last wish:

The kids coming together without any prompting from him or Bruce.

I want the family back. But I want them to do it without Bruce...at first, anyway. That whole book kept hammering in that Alfred and Dick were the ones keeping everyone together and that now Bruce needs to pick up the slack since they're gone. But why don't they do it themselves? You know what Alfred would have wanted to see? Since having all of them together was his last wish:

I do like the idea of the family picking themselves up without Bruce, Alfred or Dick but with Tim lost, Damian where he is and Selina being Selina I don't see it. There is no one that the rest respects enough or that's strong enough to lead to lead. In fact there is no family right now

Their love for Alfred and wanting to honor what he would have wanted, along with some obligatory threat that needs all of them to be stopped, should suffice. At least to get them started back on the right track.

Incredible Member

The issue is not just Bruce not bringing them together though. They also criticize him for how he handled Bane, The Batman Who Laughs and for his plans to reinvent Gotham.

Tim and Damian are still minors, putting the responsibility on them seems unfair. Jason and Ric both weren't sure why they were even there for obvious reasons. Barbara was only really close to Dick.

With Alfred and Dick gone the last person that chained all of them together was Bruce and he's supposed to be their leader.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Oh they left him? Good show. It's about time but on the other hand noooo.... I want family.

This will make Poster Korath happy.
    Let's look at it like this: DC finally aknowledged a lot of the things that went wrong with the family since the start of Rebirth. In most cases that means that a reunion is on the horizon. It's not going to be like the last couple of months where the family was missing without anyone really commenting on it.

The issue is not just Bruce not bringing them together though. They also criticize him for how he handled Bane, The Batman Who Laughs and for his plans to reinvent Gotham.

Tim and Damian are still minors, putting the responsibility on them seems unfair. Jason and Ric both weren't sure why they were even there for obvious reasons. Barbara was only really close to Dick.

With Alfred and Dick gone the last person that chained all of them together was Bruce and he's supposed to be their leader.
    Maybe that's what needs to change. Maybe Bruce isn't the only one who has issues that need addressing. Maybe the responsibility of bringing the family together and keeping them like that shouldn't always fall on just one person. They don't gotta be successful but an honest attempt from all of them to stay together beats immediately going their separate ways whenever they lose their glue.

Let's look at it like this: DC finally aknowledged a lot of the things that went wrong with the family since the start of Rebirth. In most cases that means that a reunion is on the horizon. It's not going to be like the last couple of months where the family was missing without anyone really commenting on it.
    I hope it's DC. Tynion and Tomasi are two writers who've never been shy of calling Bruce out. Who knows Fergus might be right and Bruce might be forced into facing some truth about himself and his parenting.

I am so sick of DC continuing this destruction of Damian and Bruce's relationship. Ugh. Damian is just a kid. I don't understand why DC is continuing with Bruce being a crap father. It's so uncalled for.