Page 54 of 313 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Maybe that's what needs to change. Maybe Bruce isn't the only one who has issues that need addressing. Maybe the responsibility of bringing the family together and keeping them like that shouldn't always fall on just one person. They don't gotta be successful but an honest attempt from all of them to stay together beats immediately going their separate ways whenever they lose their glue.
    I think we have two different opinions what it means to be a leader. Bruce has to make an effort first. The rest have forgiven him for his moods and peculiarities long enough. It's Bruce who has to grow up now and learn to fix these things on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I think we have two different opinions what it means to be a leader. Bruce has to make an effort first. The rest have forgiven him for his moods and peculiarities long enough. It's Bruce who has to grow up now and learn to fix these things on his own.
    There's also the setting the right example. While I felt it was regressive having Damian still make comments about blood son in Rebirth Tec when we know he's past that and considers at least Dick [we have canon evidence for this] family. The panel when he said that in Rebirth Tec I feel that Bruce should rebuke him. Not correcting him reinforces that idea and splinters the family.

Damian emulates Bruce and Dick. He respects and trusts them [Dick at least since he recently lost faith in Bruce] He's never going to respect Jason or Tim if Bruce doesn't lead the way.

Dick has checked him on his disrespect but Bruce never does.

The buck stops at Bruce as the parent and the head of the family.

https://symeonak.tumblr.com

So, I want you to know… Even though right now you feel like you’re all alone, and you’ve lost your father and your brothers… You’ve gained a sister. You are forgiven, Damian Wayne.

Maya Ducard

Last edited by dietrich; 02-12-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

So, I want you to know… Even though right now you feel like you’re all alone, and you’ve lost your father and your brothers… You’ve gained a sister. You are forgiven, Damian Wayne.

Maya Ducard
    *SIGH* Damn I miss Maya. Damian could really use some family right now.

I'm two pages late (I've been at home for a few hours already, but I couldn't look into this until now), so my apologies in advance. But, to resume the topic of Damian reaching Jason and the other way around, I was sure it was Damian to Jason, but it seems I was missremembering. The issue was Grayson #12, and it's never stated who came to whom. They're just both there to meet with Dick, and then Dick is giving them stuff. So I guess Dick was the one who asked Jason to bring Damian to him. Except... Dick didn't know Damian was alive again. So, I guess, it was all Jason's idea. It happens again, for the record, during Robin War: Jason goes to Dick for Damian's (because Dick's the only one Damian's probably willed to listen to).

I don't know about what's written in that annual in Batman Eternal (I can't remember anything, and I don't own the book nor have access to it now), but I guess it's similar to what Damian comments everywhere else; that the's a genius and doesn't need anyone's help, and that he can deal with whatever problem and find whatever info he needs without even Batman's help. Well, I've always took that not too literally. Why? Because he does need help sometimes, despite his pride, he's not omniscient, no one is. It's a sign of maturity realise that you can't do everything by yourself, no matter how much good or smart or professional you're. I think it could be great if he does admit it from time to time, to be honest. Make him more relatable, more like some kids I've to teach, actually: they think the same, but slowly, they reach that point in where they see that they could use some help, and even doing things better if they get some aid for certain things. I could see him, again, when he has no one else to rely on, going to Jason for some minor help, like in this case. But, well, you guys are the hard fans. You know better, and if you say that he wouldn't and he can do perfectly fine by himself, well, I'll have to believe that (basically, as a kind of an outsider, it would be pretty bad of me if I were to tell you how your fave is, right?).

(Wew, wall of text. My apologies for that again).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm two pages late (I've been at home for a few hours already, but I couldn't look into this until now), so my apologies in advance. But, to resume the topic of Damian reaching Jason and the other way around, I was sure it was Damian to Jason, but it seems I was missremembering. The issue was Grayson #12, and it's never stated who came to whom. They're just both there to meet with Dick, and then Dick is giving them stuff. So I guess Dick was the one who asked Jason to bring Damian to him. Except... Dick didn't know Damian was alive again. So, I guess, it was all Jason's idea. It happens again, for the record, during Robin War: Jason goes to Dick for Damian's (because Dick's the only one Damian's probably willed to listen to).

I don't know about what's written in that annual in Batman Eternal (I can't remember anything, and I don't own the book nor have access to it now), but I guess it's similar to what Damian comments everywhere else; that the's a genius and doesn't need anyone's help, and that he can deal with whatever problem and find whatever info he needs without even Batman's help. Well, I've always took that not too literally. Why? Because he does need help sometimes, despite his pride, he's not omniscient, no one is. It's a sign of maturity realise that you can't do everything by yourself, no matter how much good or smart or professional you're. I think it could be great if he does admit it from time to time, to be honest. Make him more relatable, more like some kids I've to teach, actually: they think the same, but slowly, they reach that point in where they see that they could use some help, and even doing things better if they get some aid for certain things. I could see him, again, when he has no one else to rely on, going to Jason for some minor help, like in this case. But, well, you guys are the hard fans. You know better, and if you say that he wouldn't and he can do perfectly fine by himself, well, I'll have to believe that (basically, as a kind of an outsider, it would be pretty bad of me if I were to tell you how your fave is, right?).

(Wew, wall of text. My apologies for that again).
    That was Tim that was with Jason in Grayson 12.

Damian certainly have a need and a tendency to brag or act like he doesn't need any help but he often does. That's correct but going to or accepting Jason's mentorship is a complete 180. I like Damian but even I know that he isn't mature enough or secure enough in his own worth to accept or let Jason think he can teach him things.

He hasn't been shown to in story. Not in past stories, not in TT and not since which is why he's currently having the issues he's having.

It's a huge flaw that leads to him stumbling and making mistakes. Supersons touched on it but didn't push him to a point where he grows enough to overcome it.

That was Tim that was with Jason in Grayson 12.

Damian certainly have a need and a tendency to brag or act like he doesn't need any help but he often does. That's correct but going to or accepting Jason's mentorship is a complete 180. I like Damian but even I know that he isn't mature enough or secure enough in his own worth to accept or let Jason think he can teach him things.

He hasn't been shown to in story. Not in past stories, not in TT and not since which is why he's currently having the issues he's having.

It's a huge flaw that leads to him stumbling and making mistakes. Supersons touched on it but didn't push him to a point where he grows enough to overcome it.
    Tim and Jason. I looked at the issue for that one. First go Bruce and Dick meeting. Next ones are Tim and Jason, who meet Dick in the roofs, both of them (memories of both). Then is Barbara's turn. Damian (with Jason) go the last (Damian's memories only). It's a nice issue. It's not my most liked of the run (that's the one with the baby crossing the desert), but it was a good one.

Naaah, solicits are liars and are always overdramatic. It wasn't mentorship, let's be honest. It was just a team up. It lasted just like... two issues, I think, if we count the one in which they fight.

Maybe with the 5G we can see Damian growing mature. But one think I dislike about it? It's the possibility that we could be robbed of reading him doing so, if they don't publish some limited or some mini series about the in-between years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Tim and Jason. I looked at the issue for that one. First go Bruce and Dick meeting. Next ones are Tim and Jason, who meet Dick in the roofs, both of them (memories of both). Then is Barbara's turn. Damian (with Jason) go the last (Damian's memories only). It's a nice issue. It's not my most liked of the run (that's the one with the baby crossing the desert), but it was a good one.

Naaah, solicits are liars and are always overdramatic. It wasn't mentorship, let's be honest. It was just a team up. It lasted just like... two issues, I think, if we count the one in which they fight.

Maybe with the 5G we can see Damian growing mature. But one think I dislike about it? It's the possibility that we could be robbed of reading him doing so, if they don't publish some limited or some mini series about the in-between years.
    I really hope they don't off panel it if they do something where he matures and grows past his insecurities. It's a really big step since a ton about him stems from that. It wouldn't be believable.

Honestly while I want him to mature I think his insecurity complex does balance him out and ensures that his path isn't too smooth. A character needs to face challenges to grow and to keep engaging audiences.

Part of the reason why I like Batman666 is that we see that he grows up not feeling like he's as good as Bruce or Dick but he's still determined to keep trying and he's still making mistakes. I would hate it if 5G suddenly gives us confident and completely mature Damian.

More mature fine but if it's a drastic change in personality then I want to see that journey. Hopefully the fall out from his choices in TT leads to reflection and growth

Maya Ducard
    Thanks I really love her..

Damian appeared in Penyworth R.I.P.

He did. And he was, funny enough, one of the most level headed ones there. It's just a shame no one has yet to tell him that what happened to Alfred wasn't his fault. You know something's really wrong with him if he's crying

Incredible Member

TEEN TITANS #42
    written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    If there’s no more Robin and no more Mercy Hall, does that mean no more Teen Titans? With the team in tatters after their encounter with Batman, the remaining Teen Titans attempt to pick up the pieces of their lives. Is this the end of the team?
    ON SALE 05.20.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

Incredible Member

Really not sure what Bruce is going to do with Damian. Like, yeah, Damian's not going to be Robin anymore and apparently Mercy Hall got destroyed or something, but this doesn't really reveal what happened to Damian.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He did. And he was, funny enough, one of the most level headed ones there. It's just a shame no one has yet to tell him that what happened to Alfred wasn't his fault. You know something's really wrong with him if he's crying
    20200212_195942.jpg

Bruce: "He's fine."

Incredible Member

Seriously, if out of all people Damian openly blames himself, cries and admits that he's traumatized you know things are bad.