Page 6 of 313 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

I wouldn't exactly call it lazy. I can see the parallels between Leo and Dick, Tim and Donnie, and Jason and Raph. At least enough to get why fans constantly make the comparisons. it only falls apart when you add Damian and Mikey into the mix. The only thing they have in common is that they're the youngest brothers. Aside from that Damian is much closer to Raphael. Then again, Damian and Jason are also more alike than I'm sure either of them would care to admit.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call it lazy. I can see the parallels between Leo and Dick, Tim and Donnie, and Jason and Raph. At least enough to get why fans constantly make the comparisons. it only falls apart when you add Damian and Mikey into the mix. The only thing they have in common is that they're the youngest brothers. Aside from that Damian is much closer to Raphael. Then again, Damian and Jason are also more alike than I'm sure either of them would care to admit.
    Damian and Jason just like their narrative's are exact opposites
    Their personalities, outlook, methods, the way they deal with problems everything about them is exactly opposite
    Just like one went from killer to hero and the the other went from hero to killer, Just like their social backgrounds are on the opposite ends so are the characters themselves.

They have killed, have died and have returned but so has Dick Grayson. That is all they have in common. Everything else that matters when it comes to defining the characters are polar opposites.

The Turtles
    aside from leo being the eldest and the leader he isn't anything like Dick.
    Raph is defined by his opposing Leo and being a hot head that isn't Jason
    Donnie and Tim are both techie's who use staff's these are the the most lazy and basic similarities and don't define the characters or represent who they are.

edit I should say One went from killer to Robin and the other Robin to killer if that makes it clearer
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-02-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Their personalities, outlook, methods, the way they deal with problems everything about them is exactly opposite
    Just like one went from killer to hero and the the other went from hero to killer, Just like their social backgrounds are on the opposite ends so are the characters themselves.

They have killed, have died and have returned but so has Dick Grayson. That is all they have in common. Everything else that matters when it comes to defining the characters are polar opposites.

The Turtles
    Donnie and Tim are both techie's who use staff's these are the the most lazy and basic similarities and don't define the characters or represent who they are.
    Yeah, about that. Jason may kill, but its not willy-nilly. What's more, while unconventional, he still is quite good. Like giving the Su Sisters (daughters of a Triad Boss) a way out of the criminal life by leaving them the Iceberg Lounge. Or looking after a bunch of kids that thought they wanted to be criminals, but really had no one to help guide them until he came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, about that. Jason may kill, but its not willy-nilly. What's more, while unconventional, he still is quite good. Like giving the Su Sisters (daughters of a Triad Boss) a way out of the criminal life by leaving them the Iceberg Lounge. Or looking after a bunch of kids that thought they wanted to be criminals, but really had no one to help guide them until he came along.
    I don't see how that matters here. It's not a question of whether if he kills willy nilly [i actually don't think he's killed since the new 52] The point is he went from Robin to killer while Damian went from Killer to Robin.

My point is that Damian and Jason aren't really similar.

Anyone reading Adams Batman vs Ra's?
    I'm trying so very hard to but it's a struggle. That book is bonkers and now we've got cave batman or something like that.

The Turtles

edit I should say One went from killer to Robin and the other Robin to killer if that makes it clearer
    i was going to ask when but then i remember Joker. Dick Grayson the only bat who had the steel balls to end Joker

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    i was going to ask when but then i remember Joker. Dick Grayson the only bat who had the steel balls to end Joker
    Yeah until Bruce revived him. That story reminds me of how close Tim and Dick used to be. I hope in 2020 now that everything's been restored that all the lost stories and relationships are reflected going forward

Incredible Member

Yeah until Bruce revived him. That story reminds me of how close Tim and Dick used to be. I hope in 2020 now that everything's been restored that all the lost stories and relationships are reflected going forward
    Restored continuity is one thing, but you also need DC and the writers to want to research and write about the relationship.
    I for one would already be happy if DC remembered that all of them are called batFAMILY. Not Bruce, his perfect wife Selina, and the child soldiers we put in the background to fill the panel and to shoot if we need more cheap drama for the last page of the issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yes Pyg made quite the impression. I liked the whole circus group of baddies that the duo fought. Seeley took it up a notch and then King I don't understand why out of all the baddies for Bruce to mistake Damian for it's pyg. Of the the villains over the year for Bruce to have bad dreams about it's Pyg. I wasn't a fan of King using the character.
    I liked the art but the plot...I still don't know what the hell that Damian reveal was about. Someone online though the issue was about Bruce not letting Damian in, others thought it was about Bruce fearing Damian might kill again...which is also weird because 1) why use Pyg of all people 2) King's Batman spends zero time thinking about Damian and how he's doing before and after this issue. I have a hard time believing he's concerned enough to have a whole issue dedicated to this fear.

Anyway, none of it came up ever again.

Bruce, Damian and Tim

https://twitter.com/smahssa

With Harley and Ivy inspired by Dceased

https://twitter.com/gozerdor

https://twitter.com/ohcome106
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-03-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-03-2020 at 06:44 PM.

New DC Giants for Target

Batman the Caped Crusader

All new story with Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl and Joker

Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-03-2020 at 05:44 PM.

The First Batman Toys From Spin Master's DC Comics Takeover Are Live