Page 74 of 313 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well legion all but confirmed
    It wouldn't be the first time Damian's been hinted at or told he'll become a complete monster in the future. And much like X-Men's MANY post Apocalyptic futures, it's probably not gonna stop despite getting VERY old. Either way, I'm not buying it until it happens in the present. Especially if the most recent hint came from Bendis of all people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time Damian's been hinted at or told he'll become a complete monster in the future. And much like X-Men's MANY post Apocalyptic futures, it's probably not gonna stop despite getting VERY old. Either way, I'm not buying it until it happens in the present. Especially if the most recent hint came from Bendis of all people.
    The preview for justice league dark seems to set up for it as well

Fucking. Wonderful.

*Sigh* I just want my son to be happy. He deserves it >___<

Fucking. Wonderful.

*Sigh* I just want my son to be happy. He deserves it >___<
    Well, there's always fanfics. Which half the time, seem to do better by the characters then the actual comics it seems.

You know, with the realization that Western civilization is killing the Earth and exterminating most lives on it, Ra's (and Ivy) could become lot more complexes and interesting. So, I'm all for Damian becoming Ra's al Ghul and pointing at the horrors that the coivilizations Batman, Superman and the whole lot protects are doing, without any attempt or desire to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You know, with the realization that Western civilization is killing the Earth and exterminating most lives on it, Ra's (and Ivy) could become lot more complexes and interesting. So, I'm all for Damian becoming Ra's al Ghul and pointing at the horrors that the coivilizations Batman, Superman and the whole lot protects are doing, without any attempt or desire to change.
    But the concept of Ra's al Ghul is eliminating most of humanity in favour of a balanced nature....
    It would stigmatise Damian's character even worse than Dick's death, which is like killing the character again, given that he has earned some healthy popularity.
    As far as I have understood, Damian being a villain in the future starts from him being paranoid and lost.
    They set a very good base for it if Bruce fire him.
    Basically, I don't know if they want to use them as a villain or an antagonist as ansa said (i think)...Or if they want to make him like Catwoman: supposedly an interesting character with a fluid moral compass.
    I don't think that they have decided what to do with him. So even if we get hints, they are not about the main plan, but rather the development every write wants for Damian.
    Last edited by Yennefer; 02-29-2020 at 02:17 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    But the concept of Ra's al Ghul is eliminating most of humanity in favour of a balanced nature....
    It would stigmatise Damian's character even worse than Dick's death, which is like killing the character again, given that he has earned some healthy popularity.
    As far as I have understood, Damian being a villain in the future starts from him being paranoid and lost.
    They set a very good base for it if Bruce fire him.
    Basically, I don't know if they want to use them as a villain or an antagonist as ansa said (i think)...Or if they want to make him like Catwoman: supposedly an interesting character with a fluid moral compass.
    I don't think that they have decided what to do with him. So even if we get hints, they are not about the main plan, but rather the development every write wants for Damian.
    Perhaps with recent changes in DC Management, direction for the character would change as well.
    From what I’ve heard, previous DC Management already tried to get rid of the character several times, plus sidelining him from batfamily, as well as reducing presence of batfamily at all. Direction of Batman as total depressed loner came back after Jeff Jones left and might change again now.
    For example, isolating his son from Batman and make him morally dubious would suit “loner direction”, but would certainly be against “supersons ” direction under Jones.

They never said Red Bird was his first identity. Just that he had his own at some point when he was ten.
    Yes they did.
    Damian had his first identity at age 10.. (redbird or something)
    They weren't certain Redbird was the right name, but they did say it was his first identity, which it wasn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by RLV_1996 View Post
    Perhaps with recent changes in DC Management, direction for the character would change as well.
    From what I’ve heard, previous DC Management already tried to get rid of the character several times, plus sidelining him from batfamily, as well as reducing presence of batfamily at all. Direction of Batman as total depressed loner came back after Jeff Jones left and might change again now.
    For example, isolating his son from Batman and make him morally dubious would suit “loner direction”, but would certainly be against “supersons ” direction under Jones.
    I guess the new face is not "known", as far as his character preferences are concerned....
    I didn't know that about DC and Damian....
    So it is possible that whatever happens till the titles wrap up will not be necessarily canon for the new generation of comics (5G or not)...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes they did. They weren't certain Redbird was the right name, but they did say it was his first identity, which it wasn't.
    I don't know if there is a misunderstanding here. But, by telling "his first identity" I meant his first identity that he created.
    I mean... Do you mean that Robin was his first, by saying RedBird isn't?
    Anyways. The point is that at the age of 10 he had an identity of his own.
    Last edited by Yennefer; 02-29-2020 at 09:16 AM.

The preview for justice league dark seems to set up for it as well
    Im feeling pretty optimstic about Damian's appearence in Justice League Dark to be honest. I'm pretty surpised Damian is going to be one of the major characters in the movie - hes one of the few survivors! did not see it coming.

He doesn't come across as evil to me in the preview, I have a feeling his 'evilness' will consist of leading whatever remnant of the league of assasins exists and that it won't last particularly long, I suspect either Superman or Raven will very quickly convince Damian to join in on whatever plan they have drawn up. If he was evil I doubt they would be able to do the Raven/Damian Relationship subplot which I suspect most of his time in the movie will be focused on.
    Last edited by Katana500; 02-29-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Im feeling pretty optimstic about Damian's appearence in Justice League Dark to be honest. I'm pretty surpised Damian is going to be one of the major characters in the movie - hes one of the few survivors! did not see it coming.

He doesn't come across as evil to me in the preview, I have a feeling his 'evilness' will consist of leading whatever remnant of the league of assasins exists and that it won't last particularly long, I suspect either Superman or Raven will very quickly convince Damian to join in on whatever plan they have drawn up. If he was evil I doubt they would be able to do the Raven/Damian Relationship subplot which I suspect most of his time in the movie will be focused on.
    From what I've seen it seems that his concerns for Raven is what makes him join in on the plan. She gets hurt or something we see her weak and him appealing to them.

Extraordinary Member

Some one said a few pages back that Damian is not well liked yet here he is leading the post charge by far. I believe him to be the most discussed characters in the batfamily on this site this year so far. He might be most discussed DC character of 2020 here

Reading Injustice v the Masters of the Universe I just noticed that Harley appears to pat Damian on the butt here.

Exactly how old is she?

This is the 3rd Bat that DC has playfully made Harley do suggestive things to

She's kissed Bruce and Dick she straight up attempted to rape.

Some one said a few pages back that Damian is not well liked yet here he is leading the post charge by far. I believe him to be the most discussed characters in the batfamily on this site this year so far. He might be most discussed DC character of 2020 here
    Mmh. I don't think these forums are remotely a measure of popularity have you seen the harley thread?

Looking at things like sales, merch that Dc is willing to invest in I'd say that Damian is quite popular. and to Dick who by a very wide margin is the most Popular of the family out side Bruce.

Damian has a lot of very vocal hate but that doesn't mean he is unpopular just like polls, or length of Appreciation pages doesn't mean popular.

I do think that Dick and Damian are currently being discussed because there is stuff happening worthy of discussion. Their story lines have been controversial.

Ric and Damian behaving Badly etc.

I mean labelling a character whose grand mother is jewish Hitler is controversial

Now I'm curious. If it were to happen. Should Raven and Damian and Raven be a couple? Like if there were no age gaps? Or keep Raven and Beast Boy. Now honestly I would love the whole how do you think a girl you like her con with Dick