Page 75 of 313 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Now I'm curious. If it were to happen. Should Raven and Damian and Raven be a couple? Like if there were no age gaps? Or keep Raven and Beast Boy. Now honestly I would love the whole how do you think a girl you like her con with Dick
    Not sure what you mean by the last line but I have no problem with Raven and Damian in the animated Universe.
    In the comics it doesn't work for several reasons

1) Damian is too young to be courting
    2) Raven is too old and a mate of his big brother Dick

I don't think Raven and Garfield have ever had a relationship have they? I might be mistaken but I just can't recall the two ever dating so that part doesn't concern me.

I like their flirting in TT GO and TT the animated series but Terra was always garfield's love imo

They have dated. I meant in general if he was interested in dating someone. "One Year Later" Beast Boy broke up with Raven

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-29-2020 at 08:36 PM.

I mean I’ve been reading long enough that I can divorce multiple iterations of characters from each other(in this case DCAMU Damian, Comics Damian, and Injustice Damian...and I guess Harley Quinn Damian?) that yeah I’m fine in the animated movies with Damian and Raven as long as it’s written well, but she doesn’t have to nor should she probably end up with Damian in the comics because they’re not the same people as they are in the movies. They aren’t gonna have the same history or moments as they do in the animated so it would feel forced for the sake of synergy in the comics.

But if to say that 5G ages up Damian to be similar age to Raven now....I don’t know, I wouldn’t try to rally for it but it were to happen and again if it was written decently then I guess that would be fine.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I’ve been reading long enough that I can divorce multiple iterations of characters from each other(in this case DCAMU Damian, Comics Damian, and Injustice Damian...and I guess Harley Quinn Damian?) that yeah I’m fine in the animated movies with Damian and Raven as long as it’s written well, but she doesn’t have to nor should she probably end up with Damian in the comics because they’re not the same people as they are in the movies. They aren’t gonna have the same history or moments as they do in the animated so it would feel forced for the sake of synergy in the comics.

But if to say that 5G ages up Damian to be similar age to Raven now....I don’t know, I wouldn’t try to rally for it but it were to happen and again if it was written decently then I guess that would be fine.
    I feel mostly the same as you do though I'm not sure I can envision Damian and Raven dating even if 5G does result in an older Damian.

Comic Damian and Raven just doesn't gel.
    Animated Universe they work similar to how in the Injustice universe Supergirl and Damian is a pairing I can see but not their main universe counterparts is a no-no

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh it was terrible (but better than what he goes by now). But the quality of the name is completely irrelevant to the point I was making, as is your ignoring of the retcons that had to have been put in place in order for Tim and Damian to be the ages that they are now.

Tim is just barely college age now. In fact I think he's currently the same age as Jon. Which means when Damian first became Robin, Tim had to have been about 14-15. Which is barely older than Damian, who's probably almost 14 at this point (in fact, if Jon was ten at the start of Rebirth and 11 when he went to space with Jor El, Damian might already be 14)

Was it a stupid retcon? Should Tim be way older than he is now? Yeah. But it is what it is.

Who said anything about him having this new identity for life? Tim and Steph have both gone through two different IDs since their days as Robin (granted, in Steph's case, she went back to her first one). Just because he's walking away from Robin and becoming something else at 13 doesn't mean that's what he's stuck as for the rest of his existence. And even if it is...so? What difference would him doing it at 13 make from him doing it at 16? It's not like he has anything else to gain from being Bruce's sometimes protege. He might as well cut himself loose now. From what I've seen of him in these past few years, he's kinda already outgrown Robin. If Robin's role is to be Batman's partner/student/sidekick, that is.

They never said Red Bird was his first identity. Just that he had his own at some point when he was ten. Though I hesitate to count Red Bird becasue I don't think anyone was ever fooled into thinking that would stick.
    Okay, I'm going to get more explicit, because you don't seem to understand what my problem is, despite me already writing it like three times.

I don't care at what age Tim turned into Red Robin or Robin or how "independent" Damian is. I think he should get his own identity as a sign that he's on the brink of adulthood, not earlier. Not as a 13 year old. This is a personal preference.
    It feels like you're trying to convince a person who simply doesn't like apples to eat an apple pie.

I didn't like Red Bird either, the name and costume where shit. So glad it vanished immediatly, I hate looking at the panels.

Dc has two options with Damian. Kill him off or Robin.
    Damian is far too young to be an independent hero and Bruce letting him is not acceptable. Dick, Tim and Jason can get independent Ids they are older and are not anchored to bruce the way Damian is.

A 13 year old is too young to just do their own thing. Batman's character has morphed into something far from what he should be but i doubt DC is ready to have a 13 year old out doing his own living god knows where.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    A 13 year old is too young to just do their own thing.
    On top of it 13 old Damian is hardly different from 10 year old Damian.

Imo Damian has also not really reached his peak as Robin, he never had an long running solo or a really iconic team line up.

I think I disagree... Not because I don't find it correct or possible... But I think saying something like that is a bit absolut....
    I don't think DC will kill him off again... If King, who practically "estranged" Bruce from the kids, and Didio, who -is said- did not want Damian, are out of The Batman then it is possible, even at the very last moment, that they take a different turn with Damian's relationship with Bruce.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They have dated. I meant in general if he was interested in dating someone. "One Year Later" Beast Boy broke up with Raven

In the animation beastboy is older then raven

Extraordinary Member

Damian is far too young to be an independent hero and Bruce letting him is not acceptable. Dick, Tim and Jason can get independent Ids they are older and are not anchored to bruce the way Damian is.

A 13 year old is too young to just do their own thing. Batman's character has morphed into something far from what he should be but i doubt DC is ready to have a 13 year old out doing his own living god knows where.
    Damian been doing his own thing living out of the house for readers for the last 3 years. Where have you been? Bruce is a a bad parent who does not care and should not have another baby. He has already died so we rather that not happy again. Time drake is 16 years old living off Bruce’s money like a spoiled brat despite the Robin with actual family.

I just thought something...
    Please, do tell if I remember wrong things...
    Damian's artificial womb had to be provided with energy, which was given by a stone that Talia found randomly and supposedly, it had to do something with Darkseid?
    If that's correct, do you think it will affect Damian's role in the upcoming movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    I just thought something...
    Please, do tell if I remember wrong things...
    Damian's artificial womb had to be provided with energy, which was given by a stone that Talia found randomly and supposedly, it had to do something with Darkseid?
    If that's correct, do you think it will affect Damian's role in the upcoming movie?
    The Chaos Shard.

I would like to have someone do something more with that.

damian ran out of battery technically a shot from Darkseid's Omega Beam should fire it up if I understand it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Damian been doing his own thing living out of the house for readers for the last 3 years. Where have you been? Bruce is a a bad parent who does not care and should not have another baby. He has already died so we rather that not happy again. Time drake is 16 years old living off Bruce’s money like a spoiled brat despite the Robin with actual family.
    Damian has died twice if her can't be Robin then there is no place for him. They can ship him back to his mum I guess but there is no Room for a character who isn't doing something

Damian sadly because of his age is at a disadvantage. He can't do his own thing and no being in TT isn't doing his own thing. That is doing the Robin thing. Without Robin he has no business in the TT.

He can't be a stay at home and bond with Bruce because this is Comics and this is DC.

he has to be doing something to justify why DC is going to give him panel space. RSob worked because he was doing his redemption year. I suppose Dc could give him another solo his title sold better than RHatO but DC keeps pushing that out because Lobdell.

Batman beyond is also still going. DC just doesn't seem to be willing to invest in Damian. They are actively working against him.

Cancelling Supersons
    Shipping his out of the Bat Office
    Putting him on a no use list at the start of Rebirth
    Turning him to fodder in his own book

DC hasn't been that invested in Damian but getting back top the subject. Damian isn't going to take a new Identity not while he is 13. That's not going to happen

Tim's folk are in WP or dead he is Bruce's Ward and a minor so he has to live at the manor but that has nothing to do with his title since he is in YJ.

Tim, Damian, Jason, Dick they can all live at home but that doesn't mean DC is going to put out a title about a bunch of civilians just chilling at the manor. They need a reason to be heroes and without Robin Damian doesn't have one since he is 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    I think I disagree... Not because I don't find it correct or possible... But I think saying something like that is a bit absolut....
    I don't think DC will kill him off again... If King, who practically "estranged" Bruce from the kids, and Didio, who -is said- did not want Damian, are out of The Batman then it is possible, even at the very last moment, that they take a different turn with Damian's relationship with Bruce.
    I don't know if Didio had anything against Damian. He once called Tim the blandest of the Robins.
    We know he wants to kill Dick because he thought he made Bruce old.
    The new 52 which erased Tim's time as Robin happened on his watch
    I don't know where he stood on Damian staying dead and Duke taking over which was Synder's plan that Dc execs went along with till WB put a stop to it.

The only Robin that he personally gave a push seems to be Jason who he green lit his book and kept it running depute it being such a low seller.

I'm not sure Didio dislikes any robins. The Robins do age Batman their flagship character so I understand why he might want to sacrifice them for the sake of protecting that Character.

King didn't do anything to Damian. Synder was the one who pushed Damian out of the Bat Office. Damian is under the Superman editorial Office and he has been since Synder took over Batman.
    Synder is the one who has given us two replacement Robins and he is still very much a driving force in Dc and batman.

death Metal is going to reshape the Universe. Synder's student Tynion is currently writing batman.

I don't know what DV's plans are for him in the future. damian is a character that my kids and their friends enjoy. Dc took Supersons away from them and replaced it with nothing which is a real shame. Dc seems to enjoy screwing themselves intentionally.
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-01-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Damian has died twice if her can't be Robin then there is no place for him. They can ship him back to his mum I guess but there is no Room for a character who isn't doing something

Damian sadly because of his age is at a disadvantage. He can't do his own thing and no being in TT isn't doing his own thing. That is doing the Robin thing. Without Robin he has no business in the TT.

He can't be a stay at home and bond with Bruce because this is Comics and this is DC.

he has to be doing something to justify why DC is going to give him panel space. RSob worked because he was doing his redemption year. I suppose Dc could give him another solo his title sold better than RHatO but DC keeps pushing that out because Lobdell.

Batman beyond is also still going. DC just doesn't seem to be willing to invest in Damian. They are actively working against him.

Cancelling Supersons
    Shipping his out of the Bat Office
    Putting him on a no use list at the start of Rebirth
    Turning him to fodder in his own book

DC hasn't been that invested in Damian but getting back top the subject. Damian isn't going to take a new Identity not while he is 13. That's not going to happen

Tim's folk are in WP or dead he is Bruce's Ward and a minor so he has to live at the manor but that has nothing to do with his title since he is in YJ.

Tim, Damian, Jason, Dick they can all live at home but that doesn't mean DC is going to put out a title about a bunch of civilians just chilling at the manor. They need a reason to be heroes and without Robin Damian doesn't have one since he is 13.
    Can't forget; Bendis writing Damian.

Rivals the Battle for the Cowl version of out of characterness for Damian.