Page 96 of 313 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Only two writer's have reset Damian and only in a minor way. Tomasi in Supersons and Percy in TT saying he doesn't have a friend thereby forgetting RDSOB and Streets of Gotham.

Damian is luckier than most character since writer generally have a good grasp on him. Even the writers who have never handled the Batverse like Orlando to brand new ones like Esposito get him
    And Glass... The prison and the mind adjustment thing are a huge issue...
    Even if Batman did the first...

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So this was probably the best place I could think to ask since my DCeased thread didn't really stay relevant, does anyone know if there exists cool fan art or commissions of Damian as Batman in DCeased? All I can find is art of Black Canary as Green Lantern, or Green Canary, which is cool but I'd still like to see Damian art if possible.
    I think I might have seen some somewhere. I'll keep an eye out. I think because that BatDamian looks so much like Bruce fans are not as inspired. They like the more Iconic and easy to recognise 666 Damian.

Do you want them posted on the Dceased Thread if I come across any?

I think I might have seen some somewhere. I'll keep an eye out. I think because that BatDamian looks so much like Bruce fans are not as inspired. They like the more Iconic and easy to recognise 666 Damian.

Do you want them posted on the Dceased Thread if I come across any?
    No you can post it here, that thread is dead by now (pun not intended).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

edit: double post, sorry.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Only two writer's have reset Damian and only in a minor way. Tomasi in Supersons and Percy in TT saying he doesn't have a friend thereby forgetting RDSOB and Streets of Gotham. Thankfully those are minor details in the overall arcs of both titles

Damian is luckier than most character since writer generally have a good grasp on him. Even the writers who have never handled the Batverse like Orlando to brand new ones like Esposito get him.

I wouldn't skip any of Damian's reading because even the Titles that regressed him added to him.
    The titles and story arc's that pushed him to his limits or had him do questionable thing's enriched the character adding to him complexity.

Damian has been tested and has faltered but Current Damian is on track [aside from the friend part]. His Character makes sense when one considers all his past stories. The only thing I would remove is Leviathan. That wasn't Damian. Nothing in his past would result in Damian who was that juvenile, talked about Jason like that or was that stupid.
    The friendlessness thing is at the beginning so I know that much, but I'm glad there's not much more.

It seems like to emphasize whoever the current friend is they erase the previous one for drama. That kinda reminds me of how some writers, when they introduce a new love interest to Dick, they undermine the previous one. Kori has been said to be just a fling or not actually loved when he's dating Barbara or Shawn, and Barbara said Dick actually want someone darker instead of her when he's with Helena.

Wait they're saying that Damian didn't have friends in Super Sons even though Maya's right there at the beginning?

Bruce has become more of an arsehole
    Damian is the arsehole he's always been.
    I don't know why this sounds so funny XD

Fantastic Member

I have always had this view of Bruce that while I like reading his stories and I can admire his character for some traits. He is awful at admitting when he has made a mistake or that he is wrong. Damian throughout his history has made mistakes and will admit when he is wrong and his own flaws. Bruce never does that and it makes him unlikable and hypocritical. Damian can be an ahole but when he goes too far or makes a mistake he admits it. That's what makes me continue to read his stories even if he messes up.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I have always had this view of Bruce that while I like reading his stories and I can admire his character for some traits. He is awful at admitting when he has made a mistake or that he is wrong. Damian throughout his history has made mistakes and will admit when he is wrong and his own flaws. Bruce never does that and it makes him unlikable and hypocritical. Damian can be an ahole but when he goes too far or makes a mistake he admits it. That's what makes me continue to read his stories even if he messes up.
    This could be down to age. Bruce is older, set in his ways and is less used to being challenged so it's harder for him to admit when he is wrong and also harder for him to change.

Damian's youth works in his favour. You have hope that he can grow and because we've already seen substantial growth from him. From assassin to hero we are sure that it will all end up good for him.

I root for him because he really does try and he's funny to read.
    Bruce you know there's not going to be ant consequences and he's not about to change which zaps some of my enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    And Glass... The prison and the mind adjustment thing are a huge issue...
    Even if Batman did the first...
    Still better than what Supersons did with him.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Still better than what Supersons did with him.
    What! One made him into a villain who subjects others to the same thing his mother and grandfather did to him

Nerfed him to the point that Jason Todd was able to defeat him

Twisted him to the point that he was willing to take a guy who wasn't as skilled, smart or proven as himself or as capable as a mentor.

Turned him into a would be suicide bomber

The other [SS] made him a straight man at the centre of the joke.
    Come on man TT did far more damage. There's no comparison.
    TT is the lowest Damian has ever been taken and that includes Ian Wayne the brown haired White kid from the zoom titles.
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-22-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Damian might be a brat about Bruce and Selina having a kid, but once the kid is there he should be protective of her. Damian has a fondness for innocence, something he never had, we see this in how he is towards animals.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-22-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What! One made him into a villain who subjects others to the same thing his mother and grandfather did to him

Twisted him to the point that he was willing to take a guy who wasn't as skilled, smart or proven as himself or as capable as a mentor.

TT is the lowest Damian has ever been taken and that includes Ian Wayne the brown haired White kid from the zoom titles.
    Let's agree to disagree. I find that SS is far more disrespectful of Damian than Glass' runb, by far. At least, Glass doesn't make him a pathetic joke here to show how great the son of Superman is compared to the Son of Batman.

And all the things you list makes far more sense than him going around the fucking multi/universe with Jon as if nothing happened, once every week.

You're also selling Jason far too short. The Red Hood is extremely skilled and capable as a mentor, and since Damian thought other means that his father's to deal with criminal, it was only natural that, Dick being unavailable for cause of Ric virus, Jason would be the go to, because he's been advocating for years that Batman's approach is wrong-headed. And unlike Talia and Ra's, Damian in TT wants the villains stopped so people stop suffering. He doesn't want to make them weapons for his use, he wants to save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Let's agree to disagree. I find that SS is far more disrespectful of Damian than Glass' runb, by far. At least, Glass doesn't make him a pathetic joke here to show how great the son of Superman is compared to the Son of Batman.

And all the things you list makes far more sense than him going around the fucking multi/universe with Jon as if nothing happened, once every week.

You're also selling Jason far too short. The Red Hood is extremely skilled and capable as a mentor, and since Damian thought other means that his father's to deal with criminal, it was only natural that, Dick being unavailable for cause of Ric virus, Jason would be the go to, because he's been advocating for years that Batman's approach is wrong-headed. And unlike Talia and Ra's, Damian in TT wants the villains stopped so people stop suffering. He doesn't want to make them weapons for his use, he wants to save lives.
    The Super Sons story in the Robins special was actually about how great a friend Damian was to Jon. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

NERFED? I will thought that he is nerfed losing against Tim... Lose against Jason is not terrible.. He was batman villain before N52 when Damian started with Dick.. Jason is more skilled than Damian.

More damage? I feel that TTs is at least something like one Batman comic. More serious.

Not turned him into a joke and made the people desire him with Superkid. Someone that the only that made is give him what the Joker calls A BAD DAY in probably EVERY ISSUE..

For good or bad what he made with these villains is not terrible.. Erase his desire to Hurt people and making them live normal lifes..

Batman had the Joker in one personal prison too in METAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

I am with you..

Be defeated for Jason? OK.. Is almost like be defeated for Dick.. Is not a terrible thing.

YEAH.. I left SS when I thought that it was excessive this comic bad trait with him transforming him in one pathetic old man while superkid was enjoying it to push him apart during some issues and making him a joke..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-23-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    NERFED? I will thought that he is nerfed losing against Tim... Lose against Jason is not terrible.. He was batman villain before N52 when Damian started with Dick.. Jason is more skilled than Damian.

More damage? I feel that TTs is at least something like one Batman comic. More serious.

Not turned him into a joke and made the people desire him with Superkid. Someone that the only that made is give him what the Joker calls A BAD DAY in probably EVERY ISSUE..

For good or bad what he made with these villains is not terrible.. Erase his desire to Hurt people and making them live normal lifes..

Batman had the Joker in one personal prison too in METAL.

I am with you..

Be defeated for Jason? OK.. Is almost like be defeated for Dick.. Is not a terrible thing.

YEAH.. I left SS when I thought that it was excessive this comic bad trait with him transforming him in one pathetic old man while superkid was enjoying it to push him apart during some issues and making him a joke..

I love SS, but yeah they seem like to put Jon on spotlight as good cop when Damian became bad cop. Ironically, Jiminez said that when hw was signing Super Sons books and drawing a quick sketch of the characters for fans, he asked: Damian or Jon? And 80% percent fans said that they want Damian one. What I love from SS is their snarky banter..... until I knew better about the full power of Damian's snark talk. The same power who immensely annoyed Deathstoke, Supergirl, and many more. You guys are right, SS Damian was extremely watered down. Lucky Jon for that small mercy.

And didn't Jason always stronger than Damian? I mean come on, he's the biggest of bat boys, and Damian is the smallest. No matter what anime and any child hero media say, size is important on fight. Damian is my favourite, but I think it's strange if Jason lose.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 03-24-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

And I want to ask something about this panel.
    RCO014_1584522841.jpg

Soo Emiko like KF? It's fine by me, and I am also not DamixEmiko shipper, but I can't help but feel strange. I mean, yeah it's understandable if Emi's fear and guilt related to Deathstroke, because she's the one who killed him recently (even though I think image of her own mother is more fitting). The problem is, why on her illusion Deathstroke threatened KF? Sure, Deathstroke once stole KF's speed power, but on the time of DS's murder, KF barely there. The one whom DS faced is Damian. And Emi shot him because she didn't want Damian to kill (or at least that's my interpretation). Emi loves KF, fine, but it's weird that KF appear on Emi's dream about Deathstroke when Emi shot Deathstroke for Damian. And I don't think Deathstroke gave any implication that he wanted to kill KF, hell after what happened on Lazarus Contract if Deathstroke want to kill Teen Titans, perhaps he will spare KF (because he gave Deathstroke little time with his son) and kill Damian first. And Deathstroke's taunt about eventually Emiko will kill the one she love, while holding KF's corpse? Why must Deathstroke, not her mother? Deathstroke never taunt her like that, the one he taunt is Damian, and that's about Damian can't bring himself to activated Terminus protocol because he was weakened and 'corrupted' by Bruce. I'm just.. confused.

And I think this pairing came out of nowhere? I recalled all of their interaction, and I don't remember any romantic hint (unlike DamianxDjinn or CrushxDjiin). What I remembered, when KF knew about secret prison, Emi felt annoyed, KF declaration that he was not raised by assassin and Emi's answer that he was abandoned by one instead. Emi's irritated remark whenever KF and Roundhouse started their trash talk. Emi yelled at KF because he disturbed her sleep. Perhaps when they were about to be drowned by The Other? But they only held each other hands, and I thought that's because Crush is hopeless case on there and not the type to hold hands (except Djinn's). And there were only three of them on that hole, Damian faced The Other, Djinn imprisoned on her ring, and RH came later. But I admit as an asexual and perhaps aromantic person, romance is not my forte (that's why I'm not impressed of Bruce and Selina arc). So perhaps there are hint that I overlook, or they're hinted on different comic title?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 03-24-2020 at 05:37 AM.