Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    ah, now I'm being tempted to get it! It looks so much nicer than the one i have. oh well, after the world is back on it's feet, we'll see if it's still available on Amazon, and if i have enough money.

Or, maybe they'll make one of this new costume...
    I absolutely love Aaron's run and these two go so well together and later in the year Iron Studios is releasing Odinson cannot wait to have all three Odin boys in my office.

Nice! yeah, he'd go well with Thor and Loki. I'd like Freya as well. I really like the big swoopy wings headdress she got recently. (those Asgardians and their goofy hats, gotta love it. It must be so much fun to be a hat maker in Asgard.) I had some problems here and there with Aaron's run, but I enjoyed it overall, so i definitely would not mind having Thor in a costume from that run, but if i was being very particular, i would want the Destroyer arm.

Oh, random thought, but had another look at the Valkyrie issue, and I just want to say, that I am glad the artist there finally gave Tyr an actual Norse style sword. It's about time.

and um... yeah, Loki.... hope he kicks Tyr's ass...

honestly not a lot to say about him at the moment that I haven't already said. Though, speaking of swords, maybe we could get Gram back? Or at least a sword. Hammers are not Loki's style, too direct and brute force, so while I think he needs a period of wielding Mjolnir as a sort of symbol, in order to show everyone he's genuinely turned face and all, the end of WotR DID say that 'the Thor makes the hammer' and all and i mean, you could bend that a bit an just make it a weapon, maybe with the Casket of Ancient Winters, rather than the Mother Storm powering it. I know i speculated something like this a while back when WotR was still going on, but worth thinking about again, I think.

Spectacular Member

Replying to earlier comments here, still getting used to this site again after being away for a while.

I like the idea of Tyr being the one to unintentionally be the one or at least part of the reason why the new Avengers form. I think that would really solidify even further the change in roles that seems to be happening with the Asgardian characters.

If it goes how we expect with Tyr being set up to replace Loki in his old role and Loki in Thor’s role. I wonder how the dynamic will be set up between the two of them since of course the dynamic is going to be a lot different than it is and was between Loki and Thor. It’ll be interesting to see how that is handled if what I think will happen will come true.

Actually, on Loki and Mjolnir. I can’t help but think this has been in the works for quite some time, it was just about getting Loki to the right point in his story to have the right qualities, as himself, to be worthy of Mjolnir. I might be wrong on this, but I feel they’ve been wanting to reset the status quo and write all the Asgardian characters in a new direction.

I would love if Loki got Gram back.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Nice! yeah, he'd go well with Thor and Loki. I'd like Freya as well. I really like the big swoopy wings headdress she got recently. (those Asgardians and their goofy hats, gotta love it. It must be so much fun to be a hat maker in Asgard.) I had some problems here and there with Aaron's run, but I enjoyed it overall, so i definitely would not mind having Thor in a costume from that run, but if i was being very particular, i would want the Destroyer arm.

Oh, random thought, but had another look at the Valkyrie issue, and I just want to say, that I am glad the artist there finally gave Tyr an actual Norse style sword. It's about time.

and um... yeah, Loki.... hope he kicks Tyr's ass...

honestly not a lot to say about him at the moment that I haven't already said. Though, speaking of swords, maybe we could get Gram back? Or at least a sword. Hammers are not Loki's style, too direct and brute force, so while I think he needs a period of wielding Mjolnir as a sort of symbol, in order to show everyone he's genuinely turned face and all, the end of WotR DID say that 'the Thor makes the hammer' and all and i mean, you could bend that a bit an just make it a weapon, maybe with the Casket of Ancient Winters, rather than the Mother Storm powering it. I know i speculated something like this a while back when WotR was still going on, but worth thinking about again, I think.
    If they make one with a Destroyer arm I will so double dip, one day I hope we will get a dope Kid Loki statue with Huginn and Muninn

I always thought that Loki needed a rapier style sword. Daggers are cool, but they denote a part of Loki's character that no longer rings true i.e. backstabbing

Kid Loki, I would be ALLLLL over.

And yah, while i am cool with him tricking bad guys and stuff, I think Loki needs to move away from daggers somewhat, and he's used swords several times in the past, so he clearly likes them. more elegant than a hammer, but still something that's less more face to face. the downside is that a sword is more overtly lethal than the hammer is, but Gram got around this with it's special powers, and maybe another sword could also have some additional powers that could be used when just straight up stabbing someone wouldn't really be appropriate. But Loki also has magic, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Lambadelta View Post
    Replying to earlier comments here, still getting used to this site again after being away for a while.

I like the idea of Tyr being the one to unintentionally be the one or at least part of the reason why the new Avengers form. I think that would really solidify even further the change in roles that seems to be happening with the Asgardian characters.

If it goes how we expect with Tyr being set up to replace Loki in his old role and Loki in Thor’s role. I wonder how the dynamic will be set up between the two of them since of course the dynamic is going to be a lot different than it is and was between Loki and Thor. It’ll be interesting to see how that is handled if what I think will happen will come true.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure why Marvel had the Rokkva being kept in Jotunheim was in order to give Loki and Tyr a reason to face off this first time in their new positions. If it had been kept in one of the other realms, like Svartalfheim, or Vanaheim or something, Loki would just be clueless about what was going on with Tyr, unless maybe he just happened to be on Earth getting lunch or something when all this went down. It may be a bit convenient, but the Jotunheim location makes what Tyr is doing his business in a way that would not. Loki may have seemed irreverent when talking with Tyr, but I think the dialogue with Drrf before that showed he was actually taking it seriously, and was just trying to disarm Tyr and gather information by acting like he didn't really care. Also the fact that he was using an illusion to talk to Tyr showed that he understood something potentially dangerous was going on, that's not a precaution he always takes. At the end of the day, even if he wasn't potentially about to destroy everything, Tyr is stealing something from Loki's realm, and mind controlling his brother on top of that. Like, brother to both of them, but, you know. Loki's invested in this now.

And yeah, it will be kind of different. Thor always seemed to see Loki as someone who had lost their way, and though he was often justifiably quite angry with Loki, and didn't quite get where he was coming from, did still care for him, and hoped for him to be better. And though I think Thor was rough and sometimes cruel with Loki when children, I think he regrets that now, and they did have SOME good times before everything went bad with Loki. But I don't think Loki and Tyr were ever as close as Loki and Thor were. Thor and Loki were fairly close in age, but Tyr was the eldest son, by a fair bit, and Loki the youngest (I think? close to it anyway), so like, Tyr was already pretty much grown when Loki was still a child, so I don't think they actually interacted all that much when young. But on the other hand, Loki's been in this position before. He may be able to recognize the path Tyr is on, understand why he's doing these things, in a way Thor could never understand, and know it's not something anyone would really want. So we could still get that kind of hoping for him to turn things around vibe, in a way, even if it is coming from a different place. I mean Tyr's been on the wrong side of things before at times, but not like this.

Tyr's resentment seems more directed at Thor right now, rather than Loki, though. But that may change if Loki gets the hammer/Thor's old role. One thing Loki and Thor have in common, from Tyr's perspective, is that I don't think he sees them as legitimately worthy of their positions. Thor is, literally, a bastard, and Loki is adopted. So that may play into things, where he thinks only a full blooded biological child of Odin and Freyja is legitimate. Loki could feel jealousy about the fact that he was not blood related, and thus was never really entitled to the same kind of things as his other brothers (and now sisters, but they are recent additions so didn't play into his motivations). But Tyr is kind of opposite, in that he IS a full blooded child of Odin and Freyja, but Loki and Thor are given more than he thinks they are entitled to.

Actually, on Loki and Mjolnir. I can’t help but think this has been in the works for quite some time, it was just about getting Loki to the right point in his story to have the right qualities, as himself, to be worthy of Mjolnir. I might be wrong on this, but I feel they’ve been wanting to reset the status quo and write all the Asgardian characters in a new direction.

I would love if Loki got Gram back.
    oh I am sure they've been planning this for a long time, too many little hints have been dropped along the way. And the roles thing was a pretty important aspect of the whole Jane as Thor story. It's a bit unusual these days to have something be stretched out over this long of a time, but pretty sure Aaron had all this stuff with Loki in the cards since at least since when Jane got the hammer, even though I'm sure some details have probably changed here and there, it's just been fed to us in a slow trickle for the most part, kind of frustratingly. But a slow turn makes it more likely to stick.

There are different takes on their childhood, but I think it's safe to say that Thor and Loki were very close for a certain period of time which might not have been too long, considering their longevity, but it left a permanent impression on them both and profoundly affected their lives for good. This is one of the moments that made me like Thor, and I'm usually completely uninterested in good guy powerhouses.
    There's also another issue in which Thor retells someone (I think it was agent Roz) how his happiest memory ever was a childhood quest with Loki when they went battling some trolls and ended up being punished together because of it.
    He doesn't come even close to that with his other brothers, including Balder who is close in age,is actually his blood brother and shares similar moral views and opinions.
    20200329_142115.jpg
    20200329_142137.jpg
    Last edited by Karabaja; 03-29-2020 at 05:45 AM.

Found it! it wasn't trolls; it was frost giants. Now I get where Marvel got the idea for the first movie, the truce with the giants broken etc.
    Screenshot_20200329-160854_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-160924_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-160953_Chrome.jpg

Oh, and the punch line:
    20200329_162802.jpg

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I think Tyr is the oldest brother and Loki the youngest. I think it goes if you count their sisters it would go like this; Angela, Tyr, Balder, Thor, Loki and Laussa. Vidar and Hermod are a bit fuzzy. It’s not quite clear if Hermod is actually a son of Odin and Freyja as there have been contradictions both for and against it. Vidar of course is only Odin’s son but again since he only appeared briefly in some earlier comics and was never seen or mentioned again, it’s hard to say if this still remains canon.

It’s likely though that they are both older than Balder, Thor, Loki and Laussa but younger than Angela and Tyr. So altogether it probably went like…….

Angela, Tyr, Vidar, Hermod, Balder, Thor, Loki and Laussa. It’s hard to know though what is canon and what is not canon in terms of Asgardian childhood stories since some of then heavily contradict the other at times. For example, the Son of Asgard series. Imo, I think it’s always best to go by the most current version of the childhood stories. But as pointed out the Asgardians do live for a long time.

Recently though it seems that Balder is closer in age to Tyr than Thor if we go by the events of when Angela was introduced. It was kind of hinted that the two grew up together instead.

Which would actually more likely but the siblings from oldest to youngest like this; Angela, Tyr, Balder, Vidar, Hermod, Thor, Loki and Laussa.

It gets a bit confusing really and canon has changed so much in terms of this that it’s hard to keep track. I think the only thing that is safe to say is that Loki is the youngest Brother and Laussa the youngest overall Sibling and Tyr the oldest brother and Angela the oldest overall sibling.

I think another thing, looking on it on Loki’s side. While it was never as obvious as Thor especially in the classic run era, actually not really at all until the very end when it seemed he showed actual remorse on what he did to Thor. But I think, even though it was more subconsciously, Loki did love Thor even when they were the worst of enemies. This has been hinted at and mentioned over the years ever since Siege ended but it’s only hints and one can easily miss them.

I think in a way both Loki and Thor did hold back against each other. Consciously on Thor’s part and unconsciously on Loki’s part.

But Loki and Tyr have no real reason to hold back against each other as there’s not really any love lost there. As pointed out Tyr is likely much older than Loki and they never grew up together, so they’ve never really had that bond. In fact, I think besides from Thor and maybe Angela, Loki has never really bonded with any of his other siblings. Tyr, I don’t think actually has any bond with any of his siblings at all.

I would actually love to see Tyr and Loki go all out against each other. I do worry though that it won’t be Loki kicking Tyr’s ass but Jane. I guess though this is only the start and even if Jane is the one to do it this time, there's plenty of time for Loki to do it.

yeah I think Loki and Thor had some good times, and loved each other even when they were fighting just... things went real bad there. I still hope we can get them being on friendly terms again in the new run, they're fun when they work together. So hopefully this grumpy and aggressive attitude Thor's got is temporary.

I don't think Angela is the oldest, she is the oldest LEGITIMATE child. Tyr and Balder were born to Odin and Freyja, (well, Tyr's mother is sometimes in doubt, but they seem to be going with Freyja right now) but they were not yet married, so.... technically.... in the 10th Realm, when she is kidnapped, they refer to multiple children, and considering Angela was just a baby at this time, she had to be the youngest of the ones present. And at that time, legitimacy was a big deal. Odin obviously went back on this later, with Thor, and that is the major point of contention with Tyr. I think Tyr is, at his core, very much a traditionalist, and thinks things have strayed too far from what they 'should' be. Of course, as mentioned, he was born out of wedlock so technically he's not supposed to inherit the throne either, Angela is, if we are going purely based on the rules of succession. But the important thing here is that I think in his mind he's got a more claim to the throne than anyone else, or at least has convinced himself of that, because that gets him what he wants.

And yeah, it's Jane's book so i think we have to expect that she's going to have a pretty significant part to play in defeating Tyr, but she is also without her weapon since Tyr stole it, and Loki's probably the only one right now who can get it back to her. And yeah, like Thor and Loki fought so many times, I am sure Tyr will be back, and they end up fighting each other a bunch.

*edited to add - as i think about it, if they are going with Tyr being motivated primarily by a sense of traditionalist thinking, (with a healthy dose of plain old entitlement and lust for power) that really plays well off the whole big role switchng thing going on all over Asgard, all this change would be deeply disturbing to him. and Loki is like, so not into tradition, he's more about shaking things up, so having that as Tyr's motivation makes them good foils for each other. But ironically this desire for order and a return to tradition is turning him into the new god of chaos. Ever play the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion? reminds me of that. And of course can think of some real life parallels....
    Last edited by Raye; 03-29-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Spectacular Member

Oh, but I thought Balder (or was it Tyr?) pointed out that Angela was older than them or was that more going by the legitimacy rules?

But going by the fact that it was said that Odin and Freyja had multiple children at the time, it makes sense that she was in fact the youngest. It gets quite confusing at times. Then again, it’s possible that Odin and Freyja had more children that we don’t know about although I hope not. I think we have enough children, siblings.

So, then it probably goes like Tyr, Balder, Angela, Vidar, Hermod, Thor, Loki and Laussa. And if one doesn’t count the two forgotten brothers, Tyr, Balder, Angela, Thor, Loki and Laussa.

I’m going by current showings and events here since as I said there have been contradictions. Like Son of Asgard where Balder is the same age as Thor and Loki but this seems to have been retconned recently.

I never thought of Loki and Tyr being foils in that way but it makes a lot of sense since Loki does like to go against tradition and has been a big part of his story and even personal journey since Kid Loki. I also think though besides from wanting to uphold true tradition and his likely entitlement. I think there might be some resentment from Tyr's end. I think you mentioned this before but right now he's the only brother, if you don't include the two forgotten ones, that doesn't have a throne and it seems that he's the only one who never really got any parental love at all from either Freyja or Odin, even Loki has got something at least somewhat. Although I might have missed something though so correct me on that.

I haven't but I do get what you mean. Or at least I think I do.

I hope we see Thor and Loki on good terms again, although I don’t think they are necessarily on bad terms with each other now. At least not compared to most other times. Thor seems angrier at the situation that he’s in and is taking it out those closest to him, especially though who are pointing out things that he doesn’t want to accept or hear. Which Loki basically did in Thor #1. However, I don’t think Thor has a problem with Loki himself.

But either way it’s stopping them from working together since I feel that Thor wants Loki to stay well away since as discussed before, he probably knows or at least has a small inkling that Loki might now be Mjolnir’s new owner and he wants to avoid that for as long as he can.

I’m looking forward to seeing Jane and Loki work together.

I know there’s been talk of a possible love interest for Loki, hopefully a mortal one but I also hope we see Loki gain more friends or close to friends as Loki can get. I really loved his relationship with not only Verity but Squirrel Girl as well, which I would class more or less as a friend as well as Nancy Whitehead.

Oh, but I thought Balder (or was it Tyr?) pointed out that Angela was older than them or was that more going by the legitimacy rules?

But going by the fact that it was said that Odin and Freyja had multiple children at the time, it makes sense that she was in fact the youngest. It gets quite confusing at times. Then again, it’s possible that Odin and Freyja had more children that we don’t know about although I hope not. I think we have enough children, siblings.

So, then it probably goes like Tyr, Balder, Angela, Vidar, Hermod, Thor, Loki and Laussa. And if one doesn’t count the two forgotten brothers, Tyr, Balder, Angela, Thor, Loki and Laussa.

I’m going by current showings and events here since as I said there have been contradictions. Like Son of Asgard where Balder is the same age as Thor and Loki but this seems to have been retconned recently.
    Looking things up, it looks as though the bit that said Angela was the oldest was in Angela: Queen of Hel which i never read past issue 2, to be fair. I'm chalking that up to being a mistake. But in any case, it's all a bit irrelevant to this particular situation where Angela fits in, because from Tyr's perspective, he never knew she existed until quite recently, and had spent his early childhood believing he was in line to take the throne, then along comes Thor, and he's tossed aside. That Angela came back into the picture later with a better claim to the throne, whether by being born first or by legitimacy of birth, the end result is about the same, he still had that history of believing he was going to take the throne, only to be passed over later. And he is apparently brushing aside her claim (not that I think she is interested in actually asserting that claim, nor do i think it would be good for Asgard if she did, considering she spent most of her life raised in Heven with no knowledge of her true parentage, not to mention her temperament is not well suited to that kind of thing) because he has already invested all this mental and emotional energy into the idea that he was denied his spot on the throne. And regardless of Angela's existence, he still thinks he has a better claim than Thor specifically, who is currently on the throne, based on both age and legitimacy, I mean Tyr was born out of wedlock, but he at least still has Freyja as a mother (probably, as mentioned before, that point has been unclear) and is older than Thor.

I never thought of Loki and Tyr being foils in that way but it makes a lot of sense since Loki does like to go against tradition and has been a big part of his story and even personal journey since Kid Loki. I also think though besides from wanting to uphold true tradition and his likely entitlement. I think there might be some resentment from Tyr's end. I think you mentioned this before but right now he's the only brother, if you don't include the two forgotten ones, that doesn't have a throne and it seems that he's the only one who never really got any parental love at all from either Freyja or Odin, even Loki has got something at least somewhat. Although I might have missed something though so correct me on that.
    Yeah. I think Tyr is being an ass right now, I think him on the throne would be a bad thing, I personally disagree with him in a general sense in regards to idealizing and clinging to the past and tradition, and of course what he's doing is clearly wrong, downright evil even, and will cause an immense amount of harm if he succeeds.... but I do get where he's coming from, I think, it's not like you don't see similar types of thought all over the place these days. Nothing has been explained in too much detail in the recent issues, but from what is there, combined with what we've seen in the past of his history, and his past issues of bitterness towards Thor, (even if he never took actions this extreme until now) it's easy to see how he arrived at this point. A nasty mix of feeling like he's been tossed aside by his family, that they've all, every one of them, (minus Angela, who i think he probably kind of disregards fro his narrative, and the two forgotten brothers who may or may not still be canon) achieved a position of power, except him, who was literally turned into a servant, and that's led him to idealize the past when things were better for him, and the old status quo which elevated his position. In his eyes, he's had a good future that was promised him taken away and given to his younger brothers, two of whom are not even full blood brothers, and he wants it back.

And though historically Loki has been generally more progress minded, like most trickster figures his role has come with a side of dragging society into the future, kicking and screaming if necessary, but right now, Loki isn't just generally in favor of progress and change in this situation, he is benefiting from it right now. Tyr on the other hand, has in the past suffered from society progressing. Loki has finally escaped his bad guy role in part because of the big shakeup, and in the process has quite possibly landed one of the most coveted roles in the entire pantheon. While Tyr spent his early childhood thinking he would inherit the throne, only to have Odin decide to ignore the old rules of succession and change things in favor of naming Thor his heir. So they are both personally invested in their positions, and are unlikely to sway the other. If one wins, the other loses, even if they aren't fighting each other directly. If Tyr wants everything to return to old ways, that means making Loki the bad guy again, if he was to succeed in putting everything back the way it is 'supposed' to be, and Loki will NOT like that. Yeah, Loki changing his role also came after a lot of hard work and sacrifice on Loki's part, but I doubt Tyr will see that.

I hope we see Thor and Loki on good terms again, although I don’t think they are necessarily on bad terms with each other now. At least not compared to most other times. Thor seems angrier at the situation that he’s in and is taking it out those closest to him, especially though who are pointing out things that he doesn’t want to accept or hear. Which Loki basically did in Thor #1. However, I don’t think Thor has a problem with Loki himself.

But either way it’s stopping them from working together since I feel that Thor wants Loki to stay well away since as discussed before, he probably knows or at least has a small inkling that Loki might now be Mjolnir’s new owner and he wants to avoid that for as long as he can.
    Yeah, you're probably right that Thor is just generally upset at the situation. That he would attack Beta Ray Bil and Sif, even thought that did have the stuff with the Black Winter complicating things, kind of demonstrates how his head isn't really in a good place, especially coupled with the dialogue with Sif. But I really hope he gets his **** together.

I’m looking forward to seeing Jane and Loki work together.

I know there’s been talk of a possible love interest for Loki, hopefully a mortal one but I also hope we see Loki gain more friends or close to friends as Loki can get. I really loved his relationship with not only Verity but Squirrel Girl as well, which I would class more or less as a friend as well as Nancy Whitehead.
    Yeah, I'd love to see him working with Squirrel Girl, maybe some of the Young Avengers, and of course Verity in the near future, but seeing him make some new connections would also be great

Spectacular Member

Yeah, you’re right to be honest it doesn’t really matter in the long run if Angela is the eldest or the third eldest after Tyr and Balder. All that matters is that Tyr is the eldest son and the actual son of both Odin and Freyja.

Actually, reading through the Solicits of Thor and this direction could more or less be set up in Thor #6 since it mentions that a new Odinson is needed to be seated on the Throne, that’s likely to either be Tyr or Balder. Tyr being the more likely candidate, however we know that even if Tyr is chosen it’s not going to last long as the very next issue, we know Thor is back as being king. But this could set up the resentment that has probably been bubbling in Tyr for a long time; seeing that once again what should have been his was once again taking out of his grasp.

I’m actually interested how this all plays out. The way I see it at the moment, Tyr is likely to target Thor rather than Loki. It’s Thor who has basically taken everything from him, at least in Tyr’s eyes he has. In reality the culprit is Odin, but I don’t think Tyr is going to see it that way.

At first, I kind of see Loki being that kind of thorn in Tyr’s side that he can’t seem to get rid of and it slowly turning into a battle of a traditionalist vs the progressor.
    Actually, Tyr is a good villain for both Loki and Thor and could possibly pave way for the brothers to work together a lot more to handle Tyr. Okay that might just be my wishful thinking, but I really would like to see Loki and Thor work together more. It would also go along way to show how things really have changed, not that we didn’t that already but there are still a few doubters that need that final push. Loki wielding Mjolnir without any tricks and him being on good terms with Thor would go along way of getting those doubters onside or at least I hope.

I hear that marvel aren't releasing comics digitally this week, so likely no Doctor Strange Academy.

Btw I don't know if this is true but someone brought up that after Loki was resurrected into Kid-Loki that Loki's kill count is extremely low. In fact besides from Kid-Loki, Verity (Kind of) and Laufey he hasn't actually killed anyone. I don't know if that's true because I'm sure he's killed some fodder characters.

He killed a bunch of frost giants in WOTR; more specifically, he made them kill themselves. Other than that, I can't remember.

Well, there was Bats, but that was an accident, and Loki did try to fix it. And there was likely collateral deaths from some things he did, particularly the whole Celestial thing, but no one in particular that we saw, and it's debatable if he was fully responsible for that, or was just picking the time of what would have been an inevitable event that would have happened with or without his involvement. But yeah, aside from a bunch of giants, (both the ones from the gauntlet Laufey had him run, and the ones that attacked him and Laufey that one time, and, well, Laufey himself, all of which could be considered self defense or otherwise justified retaliation) he hasn't directly killed anyone that i can think of. Thor's definitely had a higher bodycount.

Actually, reading through the Solicits of Thor and this direction could more or less be set up in Thor #6 since it mentions that a new Odinson is needed to be seated on the Throne, that’s likely to either be Tyr or Balder. Tyr being the more likely candidate, however we know that even if Tyr is chosen it’s not going to last long as the very next issue, we know Thor is back as being king. But this could set up the resentment that has probably been bubbling in Tyr for a long time; seeing that once again what should have been his was once again taking out of his grasp.
    Yeah, it might be Tyr, but then again, that would happen after his whole thing with the Rokkva, and it's hard to see Thor trusting Tyr with the throne so soon after he pretty much tried to destroy the world, mind controlled him, and stole his ex-girlfriend's weapon. But, it also seemed like he had seen the future, so the throne switch may not happen that issue, it may be quite a ways off, since the Black Winter shows people their death, in which case he would need an heir. But then, you'd think it would be a Thorson or Thordottir, rather than Odin, unless his death was REALLY soon, which I doubt Marvel would do. Marvel also may have been being a bit overly vague there, when they said Odinson, if they got too specific with the name, it would be a spoiler. I mean if it said Laufeyson, then it's Loki, if it was Odindottir than it's Angela or Laussa, so... We'll see.

I’m actually interested how this all plays out. The way I see it at the moment, Tyr is likely to target Thor rather than Loki. It’s Thor who has basically taken everything from him, at least in Tyr’s eyes he has. In reality the culprit is Odin, but I don’t think Tyr is going to see it that way.

At first, I kind of see Loki being that kind of thorn in Tyr’s side that he can’t seem to get rid of and it slowly turning into a battle of a traditionalist vs the progressor.
    Actually, Tyr is a good villain for both Loki and Thor and could possibly pave way for the brothers to work together a lot more to handle Tyr. Okay that might just be my wishful thinking, but I really would like to see Loki and Thor work together more. It would also go along way to show how things really have changed, not that we didn’t that already but there are still a few doubters that need that final push. Loki wielding Mjolnir without any tricks and him being on good terms with Thor would go along way of getting those doubters onside or at least I hope.
    I hope we are on the right track with this, because I do think it could be a really interesting, and could have a lot to say about the world and maybe some meta commentary on comics and the fandom as well. I mean, as you say some people just don't seem to get that Loki's turned face, and a lot of what keeps people from accepting that is just that they are expecting that he is going to revert any day now, and that none of this is real because Loki is the bad guy, that's just the way it is and/or should be. And to be fair, it's not like this is an entirely unreasonable position to take, (though you would think that after 10 years, it would sink in that a reversion is not imminent) Marvel has long adhered to the idea of the 'illusion of change' which did keep characters locked to a status quo for decades, though there are a few notable exceptions, and a few writers who have never been on board with that idea, changes almost always got undone. But I think that is falling out of fashion, (though some writers/editors still adhere to it, but more are popping up who do not) after a lot of popular media, including the MCU itself, allowed for real change and people liked that. Hell some things hinged on the idea of change, there would be no Breaking Bad at all if Walt was not allowed to change. So there's a lot they could do with that. I also think it can make Tyr as a character more interesting. Sure, he's pretty solidly turned heel, which could be seen as a bad thing, but at least he has some clear motivations to move him forward, and it is a position that could lead to giving him a lot more panel time than he had previously, and his actions will certainly be of a lot more consequence, even if it's not positive. Depending on how long this lasts, he might end up in the same spot Loki ended up in where it got repetitive, but at the moment, i think it's actually good for him, even if he turned heel.

And yeah, he's really not so much a strictly Loki bad guy as he is a bad guy for both Thor and Loki. He's after Thor's job, but it will be Loki's responsibility to not let that happen. So hopefully this means Thor and Loki can work together some.

I hear that marvel aren't releasing comics digitally this week, so likely no Doctor Strange Academy.
    Yeah, I was disappointed to hear that. This actually kinda ties into what I was saying with Tyr about tradition etc. that they would cave to the retailers in order to preserve she shops, even though the shops, and Diamond, are standing in the way of progress, often actively hampering digital distribution because they don't want it stealing customers away from the traditional model that's been established. (fears that I think are wildly hyperbolic. First they said releasing digital the same day as print would be certain doom, threatening the publishers if they published digitally the same day as print, the publishers caved... for a while. But now they release digitally before most shops can even open their doors, and whadda ya know, things are fine. and it goes on and on) I would have hoped this would have acted as a catalyst to kind of shake things up, move away from the Diamond monopoly, not letting the shops dictate how everything is done, etc. But there is a small glimmer of hope there. When DC chickened out at the last minute, which probably fed into Marvel's decision, DC rescheduled everything for the 29th, and the books scheduled for the first in fact disappeared from comixology entirely so things are all messed up there. but Marvel, the titles scheduled for the first for rescheduled.... for the 8th. Go see for yourself: https://www.comixology.com/Strange-A...nRBZGRpdGlvbnM They only pushed them back a week. They may be playing this week by week, but it may also be that they have something planned that will allow for the books to come out on the 8th.

But I do still hope that this Diamond mess has made them maybe think about moving forward rather than constantly trying to not rock the boat.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-01-2020 at 04:42 AM.