Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Oh my, that's one good looking Loki

Extraordinary Member

A good looking Loki cosplay is always appreciated!

Yeah the guy wearing the costume is a super good fit for Loki, (ear piercings aside, but not much he can do about that. Looks to be at least 00g, maybe a bit bigger, and better to have plugs than gaping holes. Stretched holes really don't look great without jewelry, and can shrink back down if you leave them empty too long, so can't blame him at all. I'd be damned if i took mine out for cosplay and risk them closing up/shrinking) he looks great. I like that he has Mjolnir, this is recentish, from 2019, so guessing it's because of the Loki #1 cover.

And the more I think about it, a Loki and Kate teamup, with no one else, would be super fun. But there is no book currently where that would make sense, neither Loki nor Kate have books. Maybe in Thor later, but it seems Cates is going full on grimdark, sadly. Or of course, if I am somehow actually right and she does end up on a team with him, then they can have a teamup issue.

Anyway this just came to my attention from a promo email, will be on sale for the next day or so: https://www.teeturtle.com/products/e...19577791455662 cute.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah the guy wearing the costume is a super good fit for Loki, (ear piercings aside, but not much he can do about that. Looks to be at least 00g, maybe a bit bigger, and better to have plugs than gaping holes. Stretched holes really don't look great without jewelry, and can shrink back down if you leave them empty too long, so can't blame him at all. I'd be damned if i took mine out for cosplay and risk them closing up/shrinking) he looks great. I like that he has Mjolnir, this is recentish, from 2019, so guessing it's because of the Loki #1 cover.

And the more I think about it, a Loki and Kate teamup, with no one else, would be super fun. But there is no book currently where that would make sense, neither Loki nor Kate have books. Maybe in Thor later, but it seems Cates is going full on grimdark, sadly. Or of course, if I am somehow actually right and she does end up on a team with him, then they can have a teamup issue.

Anyway this just came to my attention from a promo email, will be on sale for the next day or so: https://www.teeturtle.com/products/e...19577791455662 cute.
    Holy **** that is cute!

very tangentially related to Loki, but: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=83414608

So it says there, as I guessed before, that Loki made arrangements personally for the Frost Giant student, who is apparently named Guslaug, (and is a guy, I thought from the earlier art and his luxurious long hair it was a girl ) to attend Strange Academy. And the portal shown there doesn't look like how the Bifrost is usually drawn, so I presume Loki is the one creating it, so he may be making a brief appearance in the first issue, say hi to Zelma or something. But that does show he's on good enough terms with them to be able to make those arrangements, which is good.

Overall tho I dunno if this one is for me. I dunno, something about the vibe and/or characters isn't clicking for me. But we will see when it's not just a few isolated panels.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

It looks like the series could be entertaining and bring a different vibe to the MU. I'm going to try out the first few issues. Yeah, we've been seeing the same panels over and over, so its difficult to get a good take on the story overall. Nah, I'm not expecting a Loki appearance in the beginning, though I would be thrilled if there was one. Though with a the brothers from Asgard and Guslaug from Jotunheim, it could make an interesting mix and have a good connection to the nine realms.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Is that Loki's teleportation spell that Guslag is coming out of?

Extraordinary Member

Poor Guslag, how exactly is he supposed to fit in?

Like, literally, those buildings are not big enough

Magic, I guess

It was his portal! and he did say hi to Zelma. Pretty sure he was attempting to flirt with her, actually.

And I was kind of expecting him to pop in say hi to Zelma, and then leave, (tho maybe come back for a guest appearance as a guest teacher at some point a few issues on) but he stuck around after that, too, though he didn't say a whole lot after that, beyond questioning the decision to let Dormammu's son into the school, after that he mostly just kinda hung around in the background. But looks like he may be a semi-regular, i suspect the stuff with Zelma isn't finished, even tho she kinda shut him down there.

And it did read much better when the panels were not in isolation, some of the characters are a bit excitable for my tastes tho, but, you know, kids i guess.

edit - oh, and there was a long shot of the school that showed a big dome type deal, so while Guslaug probably can't fit in the main building, he can live in the big dome, they never showed who his roomie was (they all have roommates assigned) so i think he's on his own.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-04-2020 at 08:34 AM.

He was definitely flirting with Zelma. And she pointed out that she was at work. Which kinda sorta might imply that things could go differently if she hadn't been.
    Also, in every panel he's close to Gus; more specifically, Gus tends to hunch behind him. I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but it strikes me as Loki being very protective of him.

Yeah, Loki and Zelma already had a thing, they kissed back in the Dr Strange arc, (maybe more) and now that Donny Cates is on Thor, and he's the one who wrote them having a bit of a thing together in the first place, I mean, I really could see them picking that back up again, and this book would be the perfect place to have that start to happen. It seemed like things sort of fell apart between them at the end of the Strange arc, cus of Loki's deception, but on the other hand, things also fell apart between her and Dr Strange because of his deception, and they patched things up there, without the benefit of Strange saving her life, like Loki did. So I could definitely see her and Loki possibly rekindling things.

Well as Rosebunse said Gus is gonna have trouble fitting in, just from a logistics sense, so, it may be that Loki was making sure Gus was doing ok, but it may have also been Loki just following Zelma around, hoping for another opening. Loki seemed to disappear a bit after the students went to their rooms, he wasn't there when they went to meet the guest teachers, so maybe he and Zelma talked off panel in that time, or maybe he was just seeing to Gus, (who, as mentioned, we never saw settling in to his room) or maybe a bit of both.

I suspect tho, that even tho Loki wasn't listed among the guest teachers, he will show up again, either for Zelma, or for Gus. I have a hunch that each of the students that are from a not-Earth location will see a field trip to their home, so we may see an entire Jotunheim issue/arc, in addition to Asgard, Weirdworld, Otherworld, (will b interesting to see how much that ties to Excalibur) The Dark Diension, and Limbo. dual purpose of providing background on the student in question, and provide an interesting setting for a story, a tour of magical locations in the MU.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-04-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/hiddlesgold/stat...26738235338753
    https://twitter.com/hiddlesgold/stat...22349437440001

Pictures from the set of Loki. We have our first look at Sophia Di Martino's character. Considering she kept the blonde hair, that makes me question if she's gonna be Lady Loki like some thought.

Oh, and here's another interesting thing:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9140554...=tt_cl_sm#cast

It says Cailey Fleming is on the show as ''Young Sylvie''. People are speculating this could be Sylvie Lushton, the second Enchantress from the comics, who got her powers from Loki. I'm not sure why they would use Sylvie instead of Amora, though... seems like a weird decision.

NICE!

He seems to have a badge there, so it may line up with that speculation from before, about him being recruited into the TVA for some purpose (the speculation was Kang, but no way to tell that part from the set photos, tho Kang could line up with the Young Avengers building blocks that seem to be being placed as well, so... but no one has been cast that would really fit for Kang imo)

As for the casting, I mean, all they announced was that people were being cast, nothing was said about the roles, but people jumped to conclusions. I always had some doubts that it was going to be Lady Loki, especially when they announced a casting call for a child, which everyone assumed was Kid Loki, despite the fact that they specifically called for a non-white actor, which wouldn't fit with Kid Loki. I thought maybe Enchantress for Sophia, which may fit with the Sylvie part, but we KNOW the TVA is involved, so I am actually thinking we're not going to be seeing many Asgardians at all, Loki aside, and all the roles they cast are TVA agents, or antagonists. Also looking at the page for Cailey, she looks way too young for Sylvie Lushton who was a teenager when she was introduced in YA
    Last edited by Raye; 03-04-2020 at 11:08 AM.