Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

All answers are correct.

Also, anyone read the Ravencroft Dracula issue? Turns out Loki was a "patient" there for a day. And he was probably one of the least dangerous ones, so that's fun.
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 01-29-2020 at 09:12 AM.

no I didn't! will have to check that out

Quote Originally Posted by Karabaja View Post
    Didn't he have it when he was with prehistoric Avengers? Or did I mess it all up in my head as usual? I didn't really follow that story
    He did, Odin's wielding it a million years ago, though it is heavy for him and tried to escape from him on at least one occasion. That's why i said the making of the hammer must have happened earlier than i initially thought. I had just kind of assumed when the creation of the hammer was shown in Thor that it happened maybe a few thousand years ago or something, but apparently it was waaaaay earlier than that. It means that unlike in the myths, the hammer long predates Thor's birth, so it's not like, made for him or anything like that, (though it appears the storm within it did have a special affinity for him since he was young, even if it would not let him lift the hammer) hence it being linked to the role, not the person. We've seen the engraving change before, when it changed from 'he' to 'she' and then to 'they' so it's not a stretch that at some point it changed to include his name, and that may happen again when the next more permanent wielder gets it. I think it likely did not change the name for Jane, or like Beta Ray Bill, Cap etc. because the hammer somehow understood that those were just short term.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Another actor added to the Loki+ series.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-loki-disn...on-major-role/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...d-role-report/

Not sure how I feel about it. I like him overall as an actor, but he's been more the goofy type character in comedic films rather than drama or fantasy. Not sure how this will play out. I guess it depends on the character he plays and the dynamic he brings to the series. With the right character and director, it could be good role and something different he can bring to it. Guess we'll just have to wait till more info is revealed.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Well that's unexpected, i kind of expected that if they got any big names it would have happened sooner.

And fantasy or drama doesn't mean there can't be funny, funny doesn't mean there can't be heart and drama, it doesn't have to be all-in either way. It's a spectrum, and it's actually pretty rare for anything to be cranked all the way to one side or the other. I think Ragnarok kinda showed that, it was funnier than the previous two movies, but it still had plenty of heart, drama and character stuff. And to be honest, that's kind of the tone i was expecting from the Disney+ series anyway. I know the tone of Ragnarok was divisive and it was a sort of love it or hate it thing, (I loved it, personally) and as time goes on it seems like the people who hate it are digging their heels in more and trying to convince people that they're wrong for liking it.... but it was successful, and a lot of people did like it, and Taika Waititi will be back for the next. So I think a more lighthearted tone is kind of the new normal for MCU Asgard stuff, so I was just kind of expecting that for the Disney+ series, especially given the absurdity of how he ended up with the Tesseract again, I mean come on, that was funny, and there is tons of room for funny situations in a time/universe travel story.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-31-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think he's an interesting choice.

And we have speculation that we will be getting Sera too. Don't mess this up, Disney.

Honestly I hope Sera isn't in this, (and I can't see why she would be, really. She doesn't have anything to do with Loki. Only Angela, who does not exist in the MCU, at least not yet. I mean, her entire backstory disintegrates without Angela, so i can't see how they could introduce her without Angela, and a lot of Asgard/Heven backstory, unless it was a 'same character in name only' sort of way) or at least not a very big part, just kind of there in the background because of Angela if they introduce her here, or something. I just loathe her, (and that is pretty rare for me.) something about her just rubs me entirely the wrong way. I think the overall awfulness of the Queen of Hel arc is playing into that, tainting my perception, since that was the main thing she ever even appeared in, unlike Angela who has some good appearances and made a good first impression, but still. But even after that, she ended up across the galaxy and was apparently fine, and knew how to get back, or at least knew where to go, but just.... didn't, deciding her new life with this band of Ravagers that she just met took priority over getting back to Angela, or even sending a message to Earth saying she was OK, surely at least THAT was possible without leaving the refugees and ravagers, and just kind of moving on and deciding things were over between them on without telling Angela, (the other members referred to Angela as her 'ex' fro the first moment they met Angela. Sera had already broken up, she just didn't give Angela the courtesy of informing her) who was still doing everything she could to find her. So that didn't do her any favours in my eyes either. So I really don't give a **** about her, to be perfectly honest. Sorry about the rant if you like her, but... ugh.... no matter what Disney did, it could only improve things in my eyes.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-01-2020 at 08:05 AM.

BANNED

The Fall and Rise of Loki | Video Essay

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Ahhhhhh!!!! There was an ad during the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl that showed scenes from Falcon & Winter Soldier, WandaVision and one from LOKI!!! Ohhhh, these are looking good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjWw8Uk2ZOE
    Last edited by Prof. Aegis; 02-02-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Ahhhhhh!!!! There was an ad during the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl that showed scenes from Falcon & Winter Soldier, WandaVision and one from LOKI!!! Ohhhh, these are looking good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjWw8Uk2ZOE
    "TVA" = Time Variance Authority? Guess they capture Loki after he starts messing with time.

that's a pretty cool video essay, and though the details are of course different, i think it also generally applies to the comics version in a lot of ways. Hopefully the alt-universe version in the Disney Plus show can get back to a similar place where he was at when he died even if he takes a different path (though it is still sad to lose Ragnarok from his personal continuity)

On that note, very cool about the Superbowl spot, though I think Loki is much less far along than the others in terms of filming, so not a lot to show just yet, but good catch on the Time Variance Authority, that seems to fit perfectly. (and WandaVision looks super interesting too)

Extraordinary Member

Oh, so some backtracking on Sera, mostly that her deciding to break up with Angela didn't bother me. I mean, her entire life revolved around her and even her journey to become the woman she wanted depended a lot on Angela. So her just wanting to do her wown thing made sense.

Also, with this is the TVA, will it be unique to the ahow or will it be the "same" one as in the comics?

I don't have a problem with her wanting to move on, (well, sort of, she literally owes her life to Angela, so...) but HOW she did it was very shitty. Though I get that her being transported across the galaxy wasn't her doing, but her not contacting Angela somehow (she was hanging out with Yondu, surely they could get a message to someone in the Guardians of the Galaxy to pass along to let Angela know where she was) was kind of the equivalent of the person who 'goes out for cigarettes' and never comes back. Angela deserved better than that. I mean she had to know how strongly Angela felt after all she did to rescue her from Hel, so she had to realize that Angela wasn't going to be like 'whelp, guess it's over' just cus she vanished.

And I mean you know as much as anyone else, literally all we know is that he has those letters on the uniform he's wearing, so... I think it would be difficult to make it match the one in the comics exactly, so my guess is that it will be their own take, an adaptation of the comics version, same as with everything else in the MCU, but you never know, i guess. My guess is that this is what accounts for the time travel aspect though. That was something that was confusing me because we all assumed the time travel was due to the Tesseract. But the Tesseract is the SPACE Stone, not the Time Stone. It teleports things through space, not time. But by escaping with it, Loki fucked up that timeline, so we may get something like in the Umbrella Academy where he gets drafted into being an agent for them because of that. Though he apparently resists at first. OR, they bring him in for fucking up the timeline, and he somehow escapes into the timestream and it's him trying to escape them.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-03-2020 at 07:56 AM.

I discuss the Loki footage during the latest episode of the Marvel Fan Rave Podcast. Here’s the Apple Podcasts link https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1497037138
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I don't have a problem with her wanting to move on, (well, sort of, she literally owes her life to Angela, so...) but HOW she did it was very shitty. Though I get that her being transported across the galaxy wasn't her doing, but her not contacting Angela somehow (she was hanging out with Yondu, surely they could get a message to someone in the Guardians of the Galaxy to pass along to let Angela know where she was) was kind of the equivalent of the person who 'goes out for cigarettes' and never comes back. Angela deserved better than that. I mean she had to know how strongly Angela felt after all she did to rescue her from Hel, so she had to realize that Angela wasn't going to be like 'whelp, guess it's over' just cus she vanished.

And I mean you know as much as anyone else, literally all we know is that he has those letters on the uniform he's wearing, so... I think it would be difficult to make it match the one in the comics exactly, so my guess is that it will be their own take, an adaptation of the comics version, same as with everything else in the MCU, but you never know, i guess. My guess is that this is what accounts for the time travel aspect though. That was something that was confusing me because we all assumed the time travel was due to the Tesseract. But the Tesseract is the SPACE Stone, not the Time Stone. It teleports things through space, not time. But by escaping with it, Loki fucked up that timeline, so we may get something like in the Umbrella Academy where he gets drafted into being an agent for them because of that. Though he apparently resists at first. OR, they bring him in for fucking up the timeline, and he somehow escapes into the timestream and it's him trying to escape them.
    Well, except for that Angela would have hunted her down even if she said everything was fine. But yeah, it could have been done better.

A Loki is a dangerous character, especially if they go along with the god of stories angle even a little. Then you have an unstable reality warper running around and that's not good for anyone who's job is to keep the multiverse safe. That reason alone would be enough to capture him.

tho even if she knew Angela would try to find her, why should it fall entirely on Angela's shoulders, when she had the capability to at the very least get a message back to her?

I really doubt we will see anything at all of the God of Stories thing in the MCU. It's pretty much been dropped in the comics, it doesn't apply to him any more, and it's looking like it never really did, since it lasted all of like one issue. He just... wanted it to be, but it never took, and any powers he apparently had can be chalked up to the universe unraveling. We have to let that go. (and so does he, and I think he has, from the end of the recent solo, he's decided on a new focus, so will have to see if that one sticks) If he's a reality warper, which you could make a case for from Young Avengers, it's a fairly weak one, certainly not a primary aspect of his character, like it is with Franklin, Wiccan, Wanda and so on. In the movies, none of that applies at all, we've seen no evidence of anything like that in the MCU. I'm just saying, I don't think that is the reason they are after him. He doesn't need to be a reality warper to **** with time, because the Butterfly Effect exists. All he has to do is show up at the right time and place, and say the right thing. That is Loki's real superpower. If other Lokis do show up, as is rumored, presumably from various points in time, or maybe different universes/timelines, I suspect it's going to be a much more personal story, with him visiting points of his own history to maybe try and make things turn out differently (with this being pre-Raganarok Loki, it's hard to say if his intent is to change things for the better or worse) and the TVA wants everything to stay as it is supposed to be. so the mechanics may be a bit different but i am guessing it's going to be another Loki fighting fate story, as is a common theme with him, with the TVA taking the role of 'fate'. since this is a Loki from the past, if he alters events then the MCU would unfold differently, at least, in that other timeline due to how the MU time travel works. so his future is our present, and he could undo that present simply by altering events here and there, and the TVA would have an interest in making sure that doesn't happen, so in effect they become fate. If he does visit different timelines than the one he personally has lived, which sounds like it may be a possibility with some of the casting, I am curious if we will see the present comics take on Loki show up, though.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-03-2020 at 11:52 AM.