Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

In Strange Academy, I thought the line from Loki "I'm just saying, I'm pretty sure you were all like "You're a bit too evil for me, Loki", and now you know...this" It really does speak to how things have changed and how their view of Loki was skewed as the school has no issues with allowing the son of the Dark Dimension in. And Loki is king and guiding one of his own people in.

I would be great if future stories see them hop from world to world and we get to visit Jotunheim to see Loki's realm a bit more.

It was a good first issue, and I'm looking forward to the next few.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I can't tell if it was Zelma who was all like "Loki, you're too evil for me", or the academy staff members were all like "Loki, you're too evil to work with me". Or both.
    I liked the whole thing. it was cute and funny. A bit overwhelmed with a bunch of new characters, but I expect to see each of them having their own spotlight in the long run.
    Last edited by Karabaja; 03-05-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Yeah it could be read both ways, "you were ALL like" using the 'all' to refer to a group, or the more slang version of 'all like' meaning 'you were thinking/acting this way'. But given the dialogue from before, where he was flirting with her, I am leaning towards more Zelma, though it could be both. Like, we never really saw how she initially reacted to Loki walking into the Sanctum Sanctorum to take Strange's place, because it skipped past that to some vague time period after that happened, and she and Loki were already established together by the time the story started. But it would not be a stretch to think that she would be initially quite intimidated by him due to his well earned bad reputation, not to mention she was still newish to this whole magic thing, but she obviously warmed up to him quite a bit. Tho I don't think that was so much that her standards fell, more that Loki was, you know, nice to her, (lying about how he got the position aside, but she didn't know that until the end. And even then, I think she likely understood that though his methods were bad, his intentions were good.) which convinced her he wasn't as bad as she had been led to believe. That may have primed her to believe that other people with bad pasts (or bad parentage in Doyle's case) could also be better than you might expect.

Anyway, I've said before that I am not huge into shipping Loki with anyone in particular, though I would prefer a mortal, (which Zelma is, so got that in her favor) because that helps show how his attitudes towards mortals have changed, and I'd kind of prefer that he be with a guy at least once sometime in the near future, just to kind of make the whole bi/pan thing official in a way. (so mark against her) But... I think Zelma would be good for him, and I thought Loki and Zelma were cute in Dr Strange, even though it didn't last very long at all, so if they rekindle things here, I won't have a problem with it. And as a bonus, since she can do magic now, they can do superheroing/magic stuff together and she can hold her own, which is always good. Not to the same degree as him, since in addition to magic, which he has way more experience at than her, he's also much more durable physically than her human squishy self, but it's still enough that they can actually team up, which I always think is fun. I find that a lot of supers who have non-powered significant others, they often kinda get overshadowed because they simply can not participate in the whole superheroing aspect of their partner's lives, so they just can't get as much panel time as a powered couple. It can work in a dedicated solo book where exploring the title character's social life is part of the focus, but as soon as they enter a team setting, or are acting as a supporting character themselves in another character's book, the non-powered partner tends to all but vanish, we have to just kind of assume they're lurking around off panel. Just look at Verity for an example, even tho she was a friend rather than lover. But since Zelma is actually the more prominent character in this particular book, so it will be more from her perspective right now, and Loki is a major character in general, then there is plenty of opportunity to have him be an active participant in the book here and there, especially since she isn't his only tie to the characters, there is also Gus. And then in Thor or Avengers or whatever, where Loki is the more prominent character in the story, she's going to actually be able to hold her own in whatever Asgardian shenanigans happen, so she can be an active participant, even if exploring Loki's social life isn't a huge priority because Thor is the focus. But this is also a very large cast of characters, and I am sure they will want to focus mainly on the kids, so I am not expecting a massive amount of focus on a relationship here, unless Loki ends up joining the cast on a more permanent basis, but it may be enough to get things rolling so it can carry over into Thor.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-05-2020 at 04:55 AM.

There is video of the Disney+ show set footage now: https://twitter.com/HiddlesPage_/sta...94520151277571

It's small and far away, and of the same stuff the still images came from, but still.

Speaking of video,tho, two other things. first, looks like the event that was supposed to show some new footage today was cancelled due to Coronavirus, so no new footage today, unless they release it on Youtube. Nothing there yet that I can see, but there is this Strange Academy thing: https://youtu.be/_rh9-9Qihc8

It does not mention Loki, but I have to say the tease of parent teacher interviews does sound super fun, and though he is not a parent, I have a hunch Loki would go there, both because Gus and his parents might cause problems, and I am sure he would not miss Dormammu showing up for the world after what he said in the issue.

Was just poking through the Loki set photos again, and there is one that went largely unremarked upon because it does not show any of the actors, but may in fact provide the biggest clue as to plot and/or antagonist:

http://www.justjared.com/photo-galle...s-28/fullsize/

So, Roxxcart. Likely one of Roxxon's many subsidiaries. Random easteregg, or is Roxxon the bad guy? I know Roxxon has been around in some form for ages, but we know Taika Waititi is diving into Aaron's stuff for the next Thor movie, so could Loki be introducing Dario Agger? though it never happened in the comics, I would not put it past Agger to try and muck with time to turn a profit.

Also, the set is dressed as if there was a major storm there, fallen branches, overturned carts etc. which fits with the rain shown in some of the other shots. But it may also point to them being pretty literal with the Butterfly Effect, where some small change in the past caused a chain reaction that led to a storm in the present. (original example was a tornado being caused by a butterfly flapping it's wings several weeks prior, but is most often a hurricane in later examples). the Butterfly Effect, besides being a common feature in time travel stories, is a subset of Chaos Theory, which would be fitting for Loki, (and in fact, a variation of it was a central part of Agent of Asgard) which is why I keep bringing it up as a potential thing.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-07-2020 at 09:21 AM.

OK, so.... big things for Loki in Thor today We now have a pretty good idea of what the next arc will be, and how Loki will fit in. I screencapped the Loki bit, click this link only if you want a spoiler:

(seriously, this is a huge spoiler) https://imgur.com/a/d5glfHD

"very interesting" indeed.

Also, called it

spoilers:

So, yeah, Sif Bifrosts Mjolnir away and sends it to Jotunheim, apparently figuring no one there could lift it, but she would be wrong about that, because Loki picks it up before Thor recalls it to himself. The captions seem to imply the enchantment may have changed, but it can't have changed that much, if Bill could still lift it the previous issue. If all we had to go on was the hammer getting heavier for Thor, and Loki now being worthy, then the enchantment rules might have been flipped or something, though even if that was the case, not by Loki's doing, he doesn't seem to know what's going on here, either. But since Bill can still lift it, it shows the enchantment is still similar enough that past wielders who are not going around destroying planets are still considered worthy, that's probably part of the reason he was included in the story at all. A change in the rules may still be part of it, just saying I don't think they've changed all that much, if Bill can still lift it.

But I am a little surprised how undramatic it was. I mean no one was even there to see, even Sif's attention was likely focused on Thor right then. Only Loki knows he can lift it, probably, and maybe Sif if she was keeping an eye on the hammer at the same time. Which might pose some problems, if Loki wants to pursue this further.

I went on a ramble on my tumblr where I speculated that Thor may fall from grace after this. He will defeat the Black Winter, and feel vindicated by that, and maybe feel like he could use those 'do bad things for the greater good' tactics again with lower stakes, and kinda slide downward. Loki on the other hand has had those tactics bite him, and everyone else, in the ass during WotR and I think is trying to move away from that. I mean he did get SOME good results, he fixed magic, and he got the Avengers set up in a dead Celestial which proved to be an invaluable asset during WotR. But... he was trying to stop it entirely, and failed, and some other things he did in pursuit of that backfrired, like the Dark Bifrost, so... kind of a wash. But yeah, if Loki takes Mjolnir, which we now know he definitely can, Thor's response may be.... bad.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Raye; 03-11-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, that is interesting...

I have a theory or an idea. Loki is a more "accepted" member of the superhero community. Well, maybe not exactly, but he can sort of do his thing in New York and the other heroes leave him alone for the most part. Let's imagine everyone is at a party and they decide to do the gane where everyone tries to lift the hammer, all in good fun, and then Loki takes his turn.

Let's remember, even with that hammer, Loki is not stronger than Thor. In a straight fight, Loki is gonna get wrecked.

I somehow think they're going to go a bit more dramatic than that, and I think thor right now will have issues with anyone even attempting to lift the hammer, even if it is in good fun. Sif was on the money in this issue in her talk with Thor, but I don't think one good talking to will snap him out of it, or there's no drama or personal struggle on his part.

Loki is not as physically strong as Thor, but he can do magic, while Thor can't, which helps even things out. (and I am pretty sure Thor is not going to keep the Power Cosmic after this arc) As long as Loki plays to his strengths and fights smart, not by brute force, he can win.

Astonishing Member

The day this comes out re:mjolnir, it will be quite dramatic, I'm thinking something along the lines of Cap in Endgame sans Thor's jubilant exaltation. I don't see this being a happy thing between the brothers if Thor continues down this dark path.

I think Thor will almost definitely assume Loki did something to the hammer, or is otherwise employing some form of trickery, though we know, from these pages, that he isn't. If something changed with Mjolnir, it wasn't Loki's doing. But yeah, that assumption will likely lead him to fight against Loki, though we still need a situation where Thor finds out.

and we have to consider the Avengers again, as well. Deal's a deal, Tony said that if Loki walked in there with the hammer, he could be on the team, so... Assuming tony keeps his word, the Avengers are going to have to decide who they will back, even if it splits the team.

Holy $#&÷!!!!!

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Well, damn! That is an interesting reveal and as it says "a story for another time", it does make me wonder if it will be the next story, or the one after. Perhaps they'll plant more seeds and tease the Loki worthy story more in the next Thor storyline before fully presenting it. Either way, I am intrigued and curious to see how this will play out. And Loki had no struggle picking it up either. It was very easy for him to do so.

As for Thor, it definitely seems his power levels and boorish behavior as ruler are having an effect on his worthiness and leadership ability overall. So where he ends up after his current story will be interesting.

And yeah, Loki, has to walk in with Mjolnir, even if he isn't the wielder, just to show Tony he can and is time for him to be an Avenger. Just the look on Tony's face will be worth it.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah they may string in a few more teases along the way before making the reveal public to other characters. I mean Loki has to get to the hammer again, and Thor's already threatened him with eyeball plucking if he set foot on Asgard again, and Thor's not likely to just hand it over.

I wonder if the upcoming Valkyrie story takes place before or after this. the current story with Tyr takes place prior, but not sure about the next one, timing is close enough it could go either way.

BTW. It took two days of wrestling with it and a fresh install and I lost some mods/objects/clothes in the process, but I got the Sims working again and it's not crashing. Added Verity back into the game:

Next up, adding Sif, and building Strange Academy in that big vacant lot near the Asgard house, and creating all the students and Dr Voodoo, Ancient One etc.. Obviously some students will have to be... toned down some. (Zelma is already in the game from the Sanctum Sanctorum game where the game bizarrely predicted Bats becoming a ghost dog. Luckily she is a bestselling author so can finance the whole thing with her writing, but will also have lots of easels and sculpting stations set up, not to mention alchemy tables, so the students can contribute some too while doing 'classes')
    Last edited by Raye; 03-11-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Good luck witb Sims 3. That game was so laggy for me. But the customization options are so much better than 4.

I can certainly see why Kibblesmith's run was cancelled. It was good, but it would have connected far too tightly with this, especially since we also have Valkyrie too.

It's still laggy, but I think i figured out the problem... my video card was TOO GOOD. My card is newer than the game, and more powerful than what they had added support for, so I had to edit the game files to manually add it to the list of supported cards, and nearly triple the amount of vram dedicated to textures, so now it can hold many more textures in it's memory. Also as mentioned I did a fresh install and eliminated some mods, though I am adding some clothing and furniture I particularly liked back in, as well as things like Error Trap and other things that will help make things more stable. It's been running for 3 hours today and no crash, though it's just with Verity, as i get her established, so when I get back to the Asgard house, which has 5 sims and 4 pets, and will be adding a 6th sim with Sif, that will be the real test. But the Strange Academy... whoo boy, that's a lot of characters. But before i do that will look into a home schooling mod, because it wouldn't make sense to have them go to school when they are AT boarding school. I'm sure there must be one. I don't actually have Sims 4, I might give it a go when it (finally, at long last) comes to Steam, hopefully they have some kind of bundle type deal like i got with Sims 3 so it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars for the game plus DLC.

*edit - http://cantarella-amino-sims.blogspo...d-teenage.html oh, I already have that mod. well then, that's easy.

And yeah, as we speculated before, there may just be too much overlap with themes here, so Loki had to go. Though Cates does not seem to be doing the opposites thing, with Thor and Loki, he had Loki being dissatisfied and self destructive with his lot as well, just... in a much less flashy way than Thor's whole blowing up planets and beating up his friends thing. So I think they maybe could have worked at the same time, but coordinating them may have been tricky, and Cates may have wanted to do the whole hammer lifting thing himself which may have felt odd when Loki had his own book and all... once it's all settled and there is some semblance of a new status quo, maybe Loki will get a solo again. If it has more support and a bit of a push from events in Thor than it did from WotR where it was like, set up with just a few pages, it may sell better as well.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-11-2020 at 10:42 AM.