Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Yes, it was in Claremont’s run that Carol and Wanda became friends (well, two issues of that run), which is why he had Wanda take the news of the Avengers’ betrayal especially hard.

They’ve returned to that friendship a few times since then, most prominently in Avengers vs. X-Men #0 - but the two characters have never met since then and Wanda never shows up when Carol’s friends do.

I don’t think the writers/editors hate Wanda or anything. It’s just that they draw on more recent comics mostly and Wanda was banned from comics when Carol began to be a star again.

BANNED

She was banned from comics? What do you mean by that

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    She was banned from comics? What do you mean by that
    Because of Disassembled and House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, it was in Claremont’s run that Carol and Wanda became friends (well, two issues of that run), which is why he had Wanda take the news of the Avengers’ betrayal especially hard.

They’ve returned to that friendship a few times since then, most prominently in Avengers vs. X-Men #0 - but the two characters have never met since then and Wanda never shows up when Carol’s friends do.

I don’t think the writers/editors hate Wanda or anything. It’s just that they draw on more recent comics mostly and Wanda was banned from comics when Carol began to be a star again.
    Kind of hard to start a friendship when you're breaking down the door of Wanda's home at the time (Looking like some crazy home invader.) to ask for the Avengers help.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Kind of hard to start a friendship when you're breaking down the door of Wanda's home at the time (Looking like some crazy home invader.) to ask for the Avengers help.
    Fighting each other is pretty much the accepted way to start a friendship in the world of Marvel superheroes.

Though it was a nice touch that Wanda and Carol didn't fight and Wanda instead decided to trust her. Though this may simply be that she's been around long enough to know that almost every fight with an intruder in Avengers Mansion is over a misunderstanding.

BANNED

I know this image happened during Hickman’s Infinity but could someone tell me the exact issue please?
    69006EDD-E598-441C-8CE8-02EBDEECC078.jpg

BANNED

avengers 19

Empyre tie-in confirmed, and it'll feature Hulkling.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...47728545054720
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post

Ms. Thompson says carol will have a solid role in empyre. And will interact with Teddy in her solo
    Ichi beat you to the punch

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    avengers 19
    Appreciate you

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Empyre tie-in confirmed, and it'll feature Hulkling.
    It'll be interesting seeing Ms. Thompson explore more of Carol's interaction with the Kree.

Captain Marvel 2 officially in the works. WandaVision writer gonna be doing the screenplay, and the previous directors aren't returning.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...writer-1272259

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Captain Marvel 2 officially in the works. WandaVision writer gonna be doing the screenplay, and the previous directors aren't returning.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...writer-1272259
    WandaVision will introduce adult Monica and S.W.O.R.D., so I feel like it's definitely not a coincidence that they got one of its writers for Captain Marvel. As for the directors not returning, I was low key expecting that, tbh. Captain Marvel was a smashing commercial success, but I feel like the critical reception could've been better. Haters and trolls aside, there were some genuine constructive criticism about the movie and its direction. A lot of people thought the style of the directos wasn't the best fit for this franchise, and I'm not surprised that Marvel seems to agree with this, as they want to change things up for the sequel.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-22-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    WandaVision will introduce adult Monica and S.W.O.R.D., so I feel like it's definitely not a coincidence that they got one of its writers for Captain Marvel. As for the directors not returning, I was low key expecting that, tbh. Captain Marvel was a smashing commercial success, but I feel like the critical reception could've been better. Haters and trolls aside, there were some genuine constructive criticism about the movie and its direction. A lot of people thought the style of the directos wasn't the best fit for this franchise, and I'm not surprised that Marvel seems to agree with this, as they want to change things up for the sequel.
    Yeah, the article also says it's gonna be in the present, rather than in-between CM1 and Endgame as some were speculating(and even Feige hinted at), so it seems like it connects with WandaVision as in that it explores adult Monica and SWORD more... And also possibly Hulkling if the rumors are true!

SPOILER LINK TO KELLY THOMPSON TWITTER

spoilers:
    Some future hero descendents from Captain Marvel the end. Confirmed: Emma Frost, Danielle Cage, HazMat. Gerry (I mean it's obvious), Shogo? and hypothetical Rogue/Gambit baby
    end of spoilers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast