Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
They've barely commented on the origin, this is the only thing of real consequence they've actually done. She's even worked with/under the Kree before, and she spends most of her time in space nowadays anyways, before the retcon.
Outside the time she thought she from Hala I don’t really remember much being incorporated outside a few Kree rogues that come to the planet.

The retcon gives her access to a history of a warrior space race. Same way we get issues dealing with Krypton, Themyscira, Attilan we can get that now understandably with Carol. We can get back stories involving her ancestors from her mother’s side and learn more about her heritage. We can get a actual supporting cast of badass characters playing off this retcon without borrowing characters from other franchises to guess star. It’s awesome for world building perspectives

Carol also doesn’t really hangout that often in space in her own runs. She had one run where she was primarily in space and it didn’t have many issues.

I’m not saying she didn’t already have a connection with the Kree I just feel the retcon deepened that connection