Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Does anyone want to see ties with Kelly’s other ongoings (Deadpool & Widow), or keep it more unto itself? With Deadpool, I’m not really interested in a crossover there, but with Widow, Thompson has a chance to explore Carol’s espionage side, which can lend itself into some good drama. Something she can’t beat with her fists/powers.
    I haven't been reading those runs, but I'd love to check them out if they cross over. A Deadpool crossover can always be a fun take and I don't know if the characters have ever interacted.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I just bought the first 3 issues of Star. Can’t wait to see what happens there.
    I wonder if she will come back in Carol's book.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Probably the most likely at this point. Or another Thompson book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    With all of the hoopla over how Ororo is now one step below a Celestial in terms of sheer unmitigated power -- would anyone like to see an all-out, no holds bar between her and Carol?
    I’m down to seeing Carol and Storm interacting in any capacity. I don’t know what Celestial Storm is capable of but that sounds a bit Uber

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I agree he took his hits, but just thought he was disposed of too quickly. I was really hoping 150 would be a big Carol (with no Avengers power-handicap) vs Vox.
    I just hope he comes back in some capacity and that was it.
    Completely seconded I was hoping for the same for Vox but regardless if he does comeback and they come to fisticuffs the way he got beaten beforehand would make Carol beating him hopefully on her own next time all the more impressive

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yes! I remember thinking how did Superia manage to mess up the Avengers on her own without even trying and then later get taken down so easily by Carol??

There's also the evil Warrior Woman running around who could maybe be a villain for Carol?
    Didn’t Superia also get oneshotted by BE Iron Man around the same time? Definitely don’t think Superia as of now should be throwing hands with Carol unless she experiments on herself or decides to fight Carol in a nondirect way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    She has a infinity stone she could honestly appear anywhere as long as a writer decides they want to use her. Hell if she still has the stone by whatever next event needs the stones she should at the very least be mentioned. I’m hoping her connection with the stone could be like a Adam Warlock thing where you identify the soul stone with Warlock.

I just bought the first 3 issues of Star. Can’t wait to see what happens there.
    Bad move, if those are the floppies. The series concluded as a digital exclusive, so if those are print issues, you now have to change format or double dip.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not just Wolverine--there are a bunch of guest stars in it. Its a poker night issue (although poker night is surely going to be interrupted with superhero schenanigans).
    Yeah, and the schedule change has caused a problem. Originally, it would've been out after Magnificent Ms. Marvel #14, in which Kamala awakens from the coma she ended up in in Outlawed #1. But that issue isn't out until September now, so Kamala will be at the poker night when she should be unconscious in the hospital!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post

Didn’t Superia also get oneshotted by BE Iron Man around the same time? Definitely don’t think Superia as of now should be throwing hands with Carol unless she experiments on herself or decides to fight Carol in a nondirect way
    I'm not sure. I don't really know Superias power levels to be honest, I just remember her throwing and blasting the New Avengers all on her own whilst rambling and not paying much attention to them!

She has a infinity stone she could honestly appear anywhere as long as a writer decides they want to use her. Hell if she still has the stone by whatever next event needs the stones she should at the very least be mentioned. I’m hoping her connection with the stone could be like a Adam Warlock thing where you identify the soul stone with Warlock.
    I think it probably depends on if writers other than Kelly Thompson wants to use her.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

We were supposed to get an Infinity Stones event this year (it was called Infinite Destinies or something like that), which was a bunch of annuals tying into something bigger. Each one would feature one character who merged with a stone. I'm pretty sure Star was supposed to appear there. But with the pandemic, we don't even know when this event is happening now or if it's even still happening at all.

All-New Member

Yeah, Star was supposed to appear in a Spider-Man annual as part of the Infinite event. Thompson was set to write one.

'Infinite Destinies' Returns the Infinity Stones to the Marvel Universe

It was probably canceled considering the complete radio silence.
    Last edited by donkey; 07-06-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Many ongoing series are still missing, there is no desperate rush to release some annuals. They'll come later.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I’m down to seeing Carol and Storm interacting in any capacity. I don’t know what Celestial Storm is capable of but that sounds a bit Uber
    Then, please visit and carefully re-read the entire "Storm Appreciation 2020", thread

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh I definitely don't want to miss poker night, even if they'll never finish the game!

Not sold on the Empyre thing. Have no interest in King Teddy attacking the world that raised him, or whatever the Event is about. But I do always enjoy the Kree, and Carol as an Accuser seems...intriguing.
    Honestly, Empyre is my most anticipated storyline for me this year. I have every issue of the first volume of the Avengers starting with the Celestial Madonna storyline up through Onslaught. I’ve loved Ewing since I discovered him on Mighty Avengers, and have followed him to all of his other work for the company, and Slott’s FF has been a nostalgic breath of air for me.

I hate that some tie-ins were cancelled, because they sounded very interesting, like the Union. I know it caught a lot of flack due to the political divisiveness it caused some people, but I thought it was a very...poignant topic to broach, with so many countries adopting more isolationist demagogues and populists. Plus, more non-American heroes added to the 616, the better.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-06-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I haven't been reading those runs, but I'd love to check them out if they cross over. A Deadpool crossover can always be a fun take and I don't know if the characters have ever interacted.
    Black Widow hasn’t released yet, and I’m rather apprehensive about Thompson’s voice on Nat, just because it was so jarring in the WotR tie-ins, but I need to support any Nat project.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com