Page 26 of 108 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

How many of you guys would be down if they just gave Carol her movie origin in the comics? I think it’s way better than then alien daughter angle.

Fantastic Member

If they gave Carol her movie origin wouldn't that mean that they would have to change how Mar-vell died? Since in the movie, Mar-vell is killed by Yon-Rogg instead of dying of cancer some comic readers might not like that.
    Last edited by Distraction; 03-31-2020 at 09:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    How many of you guys would be down if they just gave Carol her movie origin in the comics? I think it’s way better than then alien daughter angle.
    i mean the initial origin was similar
    many writers even forgot it was a wishing well thingie so it was just a random exploding thing

she had a split kree personality with all the memories instead of brainwashing though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I agree with all this. Emphasize that there is a human family but recognize they could explore even more family with her on the Kree side.

How about a space road trip story with her brother where she meets her mother's family in space?
    when the issue first came out i thought all of this was happening so fast, no way it couldn't be a set up
    i mean they killed off her mom because they couldn't figure out where to take the story further
    just closed that line

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    That’s the one thing I could get behind on not being fond of with the retcon that god awful Kree name lol. If anything they should of just went with Veerse or whatever Yon-Rogg was calling her in the movie. Or given the fact she grew up on Earth and was born on Earth her having an Earthling name and just that.
    Her name was Vers. As in Carol Danvers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm not in favor of retconning the comics to mirror the movies. Especially because there are enough broadstroke similarities that any story that isn't an explicit flashback story would feel familiar to the mythical new reader anyway. Either way you're going to get Carol Danvers, who was in the air force, who is a human with Kree DNA, had an association with Mar-Vell, and gained powers after an explosion of a Kree device. I think a new reader who came from the movie could be caught up to speed quickly that she has a Kree family and won't be confused.

I think they're more likely to be confused that Mar-Vell is a dude than anything else. Or, at a minimum, won't make the connection with Wendy Lawson.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The movie origin is essentially just the original comics origin, except that it's the Space stone that really gives her the powers...

I’d go for completely ignoring “The Life of Captain Marvel” miniseries, regardless of how well it was executed.

Not so much out of a desire to match the movie’s version of the Mar-Vell/Carol Danvers origin, but more because the plot of “The Life” screams of either a disconnect/miscommunication between the tptb in MCU and MU or the Comics division guessing wrong on the role Annette Bening would be playing given the limited info released about her role.
    http://www.tvandmovienews.com/2018/0...retly-spoiler/

#spacephantoms #skrullconspiracy #whatever

I think by making it a Kree plot to manipulate Carol, it would actually make Carol closer to her movie counterpart, with both being manipulated by the Kree Empire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I’d go for completely ignoring “The Life of Captain Marvel” miniseries, regardless of how well it was executed.

Not so much out of a desire to match the movie’s version of the Mar-Vell/Carol Danvers origin, but more because the plot of “The Life” screams of either a disconnect/miscommunication between the tptb in MCU and MU or the Comics division guessing wrong on the role Annette Bening would be playing given the limited info released about her role.
    http://www.tvandmovienews.com/2018/0...retly-spoiler/

#spacephantoms #skrullconspiracy #whatever
    i had the same thoughts
    there was an art book where the form of the intelligence was hinted at being her mother or someone very important as foreshadowing

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Or people assumed that's what Life of Captain Marvel was intending without any evidence whatsoever and were wrong and have decided to claim that Marvel was the one who made that mistake?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The movie origin is essentially just the original comics origin, except that it's the Space stone that really gives her the powers...
    Yeah, and you usually want your origins to be consistent...

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Would anyone like to see a return of Vox Supreme?
    He was a good villain and his defeat was pretty...underwhelming. I want to see Captain Marvel fighting him using nothing but her own powers, not with all The Avengers in her too.

BANNED

sure
    maybe carol can absorb his sonics

the fight could have a lot of potential

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Would anyone like to see a return of Vox Supreme?
    He was a good villain and his defeat was pretty...underwhelming. I want to see Captain Marvel fighting him using nothing but her own powers, not with all The Avengers in her too.
    I liked him too I feel like the whole Supreme Intelligence thing should of been bigger than how it felt as well.

Personally I want to see more fights like her fight against Thor and She-Hulk. Playing on Carol’s physicality and her absorption abilities. Heck she bullrushed Thor through a mountain and they were traveling around the globe as well as that synapse thing with She-Hulk. It felt pretty hype

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    sure
    maybe carol can absorb his sonics

the fight could have a lot of potential
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/HrXJLi0