Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bad move, if those are the floppies. The series concluded as a digital exclusive, so if those are print issues, you now have to change format or double dip.
    Ugh. I really don’t want to have to do that.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Honestly, Empyre is my most anticipated storyline for me this year. I have every issue of the first volume of the Avengers starting with the Celestial Madonna storyline up through Onslaught. I’ve loved Ewing since I discovered him on Mighty Avengers, and have followed him to all of his other work for the company, and Slott’s FF has been a nostalgic breath of air for me.

I hate that some tie-ins were cancelled, because they sounded very interesting, like the Union. I know it caught a lot of flack due to the political divisiveness it caused some people, but I thought it was a very...poignant topic to broach, with so many countries adopting more isolationist demagogues and populists. Plus, more non-American heroes added to the 616, the better.
    I'm a huge fan of Ewing, and I too discovered him on Mighty Avengers.

I'm just not really big on Events anymore. And I never read the classic Young Avengers where Teddy became such a fan favorite so I have no real attachment to him. If this were happening with Phyla I'd be all over it but to me Teddy is just one more of Marv's illegitimate kids, and one who looks like he ran away from home to join Bruce Banner's franchise.

If the word of mouth is good I'll grab the trade but I'm suffering from some legit Event fatigue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Ewing, and I too discovered him on Mighty Avengers.

I'm just not really big on Events anymore. And I never read the classic Young Avengers where Teddy became such a fan favorite so I have no real attachment to him. If this were happening with Phyla I'd be all over it but to me Teddy is just one more of Marv's illegitimate kids, and one who looks like he ran away from home to join Bruce Banner's franchise.

If the word of mouth is good I'll grab the trade but I'm suffering from some legit Event fatigue.
    Understandable. I take a break from current comics and large scale every so often. This event tho is just hitting all of the correct notes for me. I also kinda want to see what Marvel will do with Teddy away from Billy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

How would everyone feel about a year long story about Carol having a merged existence, like the Rick Jones/Marv/Genis relationship? Who’d make a fun addition to the cast?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Ugh. I really don’t want to have to do that.
    Then this will make you happy. They're being printed after all!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...int-after-all/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Then this will make you happy. They're being printed after all!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...int-after-all/
    I could kiss you right now <3

Is Valkyrie getting cancelled?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I believe so, as the last issue digitally didn't have a next issue cover preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That was the whole idea with the Young Avengers, some of them appeared to be one legacy but were really a different one.

Kate Bishop - originally couldn't choose between Hawkeye, Mockingbird and Swordsman's gear. Settled on Hawkeye's by the end of the original run and got approval from Captain America.
    Wiccan - originally called Asgardian, pretending to be a Thor legacy, but turned out to be Scarlet Witch's son.
    Hulkling - as the codename suggests, pretended to be a Hulk legacy. But he was really using Skrull shapeshifting. His real self looked human but in fact was pink Kree - because he's Captain Marvel's son.
    Stature - daughter of Ant-Man and originally wanted to be Ant-Girl, but couldn't obtain Scott's helmet. When she eventually did get one of her own she became Stinger, a Wasp legacy.
    Patriot - never hid the fact he was Captain America's legacy. But of course the Cap in question wasn't Steve Rogers.
    Speed - Quicksilver's legacy and Scarlet Witch's other son.
    Iron Lad - supposedly an Iron Man legacy but actually Kang.
    Vision - by this time they were being honest. He was just a new Vision.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I could kiss you right now <3

Is Valkyrie getting cancelled?
    I like it when Bleeding Cool can bring such joy.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

How would everyone feel about a year long story about Carol having a merged existence, like the Rick Jones/Marv/Genis relationship? Who’d make a fun addition to the cast?
    I'm not opposed to the idea (although I wouldn't want it as a permanent status quo). Wouldn't Kit make the most sense as filling the Rick Jones role?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Carol kind and f had that with a kree personality in her first book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Carol kind and f had that with a kree personality in her first book.
    I preferred how it was done in the first book too, think it’s interesting to have a secret identity that you yourself don’t even know about. Put a whole different angle on the superhero secret identity thing lol

That was the whole idea with the Young Avengers, some of them appeared to be one legacy but were really a different one.
    Yeah, I've gathered as much. I've read about the team, and seen them around plenty, I just never sat down and read Young Avengers and Hulkling is my least favorite of Marv's kids because of it.

As for Carol having a "voice" in her head? I could be down with that, sounds like a fun arc for a year or two.

I like the suggestion of Kit; I miss that kid. I'd also entertain the notion of Yon-Rogg (because what's more fun than having a villain's voice in your head?), Genis (it'd be a interesting twist), or even Mar-Vell himself; perhaps as some kind of psychic vestige left over in the nega bands or a previously unknown element buried in Carol's psyche from her origin accident. Though using Marv in such a way might make people think he had a hope of returning so maybe it's best not to open that door.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I’d honestly be more keen on seeing Carol be put in some past Hala arc or explore her mom’s heritage in some flashback apart or maybe even connected to whatever the main story is.

Seeing Carol interact with Mar-Vell’s kids more would be pretty cool. Empyre event looks like she’ll be working with Hulkling seeing them pop up in her solo for a story or arc would be cool.

I’d love to see Phylla and Carol meet I don’t know if they have
    0D5785B4-94DD-4266-985F-09F9C3B93CA5.jpg

1A6ABA4F-8042-4B8D-B462-D74E686A0BD0.jpg
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 07-08-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Is Genis alive again? That could prove to be an interesting dynamic, or addition to the cast.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Is Genis alive again? That could prove to be an interesting dynamic, or addition to the cast.
    Nope. Genis has been dead ever since his Thunderbolts run... in 2006, I think? Phyla is dead too (the one in the current GOTG is from an AU). Neither have been brought back from the dead ever since their deaths. I'm hoping Empyre will change that.