Page 59 of 108 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    That’s what I thought, but the link says August 5th is the new date.
    I'd be inclined to believe Diamond's shipping list over a Newsarama article. They don't exactly have a spotless record with getting their facts right in recent years. But I guess we'll find out for certain in just a few hours...

#18 is out just read it. Great issue. Can’t wait to see how this arc plays out

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'd be inclined to believe Diamond's shipping list over a Newsarama article. They don't exactly have a spotless record with getting their facts right in recent years. But I guess we'll find out for certain in just a few hours...
    Remember, it's Newsarama in name only now. It's not a comic book site any more, they're GamesRadar+, which as the name suggests, is a video game website. The people in charge don't care about comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Just read issue #18, very good! Can't wait for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    My suggestion for an explanation for the omission of Carol is based on this part of the interview about the "Timeless" Marvel Mural

"I've made the argument the entirety of my career that what I was trying to embrace was the timeless versions of characters," he says. "Because when I got in the business in the late '80s -- in '89 -- most of the published characters were going through a transformation of one type or another, usually meaning they were being redesigned -- new costumes. So, creating a composition like what I've done here is my of way of making the case for, 'These are the eternal versions of these characters.'"

Carol as Captain Marvel might not fit into his "eternal" vision of the character since its fairly recent and still struggling for legitimacy for many readers. And then to portray Carol still in her Ms Marvel incarnation would conflict with the company line, so to speak.

WOW. I'd somehow never seen Ross's Carol Captain Marvel design. Thanks for putting me on the hunt for it. From "Marvelocity"
    Idk how i feel about the mask but i'm glad they didn't went with his design.

Ooooh no no no no no....that is some haphazard "I'm brand new to cosplay" nonsense.

No disrespect to newbies to cosplay.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Personally, I don’t see Carols Captain Marvel costume going anywhere.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Remember, it's Newsarama in name only now. It's not a comic book site any more, they're GamesRadar+, which as the name suggests, is a video game website. The people in charge don't care about comics.
    Did they fire the writers of Newsarama or absorb them?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member

Why did they retcon Carol to be half-kree? (new reader here)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Personally, I don’t see Carols Captain Marvel costume going anywhere.
    Marvel has so much invested in the character. They are too deep into the Carol as Captain Marvel. Although, Captain Marvel should have been Monica Rambeau from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Why did they retcon Carol to be half-kree? (new reader here)
    Because her old origin was entirely dependent on Mar-Vell. Originally, the Psyche Magnetron copied his powers giving them to Carol. The retconned origin is that it instead just activated latent powers she was born with.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because her old origin was entirely dependent on Mar-Vell. Originally, the Psyche Magnetron copied his powers giving them to Carol. The retconned origin is that it instead just activated latent powers she was born with.
    Which should have been her strength, flight, and precognition, with her energy powers still being attributed to the Brood’s genetic manipulation.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post

How dare they lock that flerken in a glass case like that....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Which should have been her strength, flight, and precognition, with her energy powers still being attributed to the Brood’s genetic manipulation.
    Carol's precognition/7th Sense were a product of copying a portion of Mar-Vell's Cosmic Awareness, no? So that would not have been part of the basic Kree package of native abilities.