Page 22 of 108 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    How would you rate Kelly Sue DeConnick's run on Captain Marvel compared to Kelly Thompson...
    I think it's too early to compare the two, but Thompson's run has definitely had better art.

Carol is one of the confirmed characters for the newly announced Marvel: Future Revolution Open World RPG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Carol is one of the confirmed characters for the newly announced Marvel: Future Revolution Open World RPG

She looks like Scarjo. Not a fan of the short hair, but her inclusion is a pretty given in anything Marvel related with a sizable roster

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Looking cool .

All-New Member

If only it wasn't another marvel mobile game. have not really enjoyed any of them.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donkey View Post
    If only it wasn't another marvel mobile game. have not really enjoyed any of them.
    I like future fight but i wish they make a mmo for pc like marvel heroes, i miss that game so much.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I like future fight but i wish they make a mmo for pc like marvel heroes, i miss that game so much.
    I wish I had gotten the chance to play Marvel Heroes...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I just realized something too due to a debate I was having on another site
    Attachment 93552
    Attachment 93553

Problem would be getting close enough to do it though lol.

Someone was complaining Carol taking out a physically superior opponent the way she did was bad writing. Yet no one bats an eye at the fact The Ultimates did it to the physically more powerful Thanos. I think Thompson handled the fight between Carol and Savage She-Hulk really well. It established Jen as physically superior which currently she should be above a base Carol and it found a way to go around that physically superiority.

I wonder how Binary vs Current She-Hulk would go.
    Heroes beating a villain out of their weight class is not the same as nerfing a hero so the book’s star can look cool. One is inspiring, the other is just annoying.

That explanation with She-Hulk is rubbish, by the way. The brain isn’t a closed system that generates its own electrical field separate from the rest of you. Carol would have to drain every bit of Jens energy and kill her.

Now if she had flash blinded Jen and then dumped her into the bottom of the Marianas Trench until her air ran out, sure.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-01-2020 at 06:03 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Heroes beating a villain out of their weight class is not the same as nerfing a hero so the book’s star can look cool. One is inspiring, the other is just annoying.

That explanation with She-Hulk is rubbish, by the way. The brain isn’t a closed system that generates its own electrical field separate from the rest of you. Carol would have to drain every bit of Jens energy and kill her.

Now if she had flash blinded Jen and then dumped her into the bottom of the Marianas Trench until her air ran out, sure.
    Who got nerfed? Jen was shown as physically superior to Carol so Thompson respected that idea and didn’t put them on equal footing in regards to a fisticuffs. Carol was obviously on the losing end.

It was stated also that it would of probably killed anyone that wasn’t a Hulk which is what Jen is. They have a healing factor that makes death more of a joke to them than what it is to other comic characters.

The same thing basically happened to Thanos in Ultimates and no one really batted an eye. They have different physiologies trying to imply real world science to fictional beings doesn’t always hold up especially when these characters are altered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Captain Marvel #20 cover @jorge_molinam

Attachment 93923
    Ah they all look AMAZING. Especially Jess. I love this colour scheme so much. Can y'all imagine if Rogue & Spectrum were apart of this too? Krakoa & Strikeforce are keeping them busy but imagining them in these colours...

As cool as they all look, I would of hoped for Kree related characters as accusers. Like Ms Marvel being a Nuhuman could of worked better than Hazmat. Medusa would of been a cool pic too.
    I mean, it's a bummer that the Inhumans are seemingly not active participants in Empyre at all. It'd be really nice to bring them into the fold organically. I've actually really missed Medusa, Black Bolt, Karnak & Crystal, and I wish they were involved in one of the many cosmic stories going on right now.

Extraordinary Member

Who got nerfed? Jen was shown as physically superior to Carol so Thompson respected that idea and didn’t put them on equal footing in regards to a fisticuffs. Carol was obviously on the losing end.

It was stated also that it would of probably killed anyone that wasn’t a Hulk which is what Jen is. They have a healing factor that makes death more of a joke to them than what it is to other comic characters.

The same thing basically happened to Thanos in Ultimates and no one really batted an eye. They have different physiologies trying to imply real world science to fictional beings doesn’t always hold up especially when these characters are altered.
    No one batted an eye (presumably, that’s an opinion not a fact) because it’s Thanos. He’s the villain. Heroes beat the odds to beat the villains.

It’s.

What.

They.

Do.

But nobody likes seeing their hero pummelled by another hero. This storyline reminds of the first six issues of a Supergirl run where one issue after another she trashed every big hitter in the DCU, and for some reason the writers were AMAZED when fans of Superman, Powergirl, Flash, Green Lantern, etc didn’t appreciate it.

If Thor clobbered Carol through a planet and knocked her clean out would you appreciate it? If Tony blasted her with some voodoo science that cancelled her powers for ten seconds and then knocked her out with his armoured finger would people here be cheering? Or would they be miffed that the Iron Man fans were dancing up and down and fist pumping?

Thor can survive in the sun. If Jen is Carols physical superior, we are now saying she is two places up on Thor? No, sorry, no. Thor has taken blasts from Galactus, from Celestials, and he does not get one shotted by Captain Marvel. If he did that to her people here would cry foul. Jen hits harder than Mjolnir? Which apparently Carol can take reappeated face shot from? Again, no.

Now had a Carol deflected Mjolnir for a few seconds and blasted HIM instead of Mjolnir into Singularity sure. Mjolnir can’t follow, Thor trapped, fight over. Carol shows her strategic planning skills.

Carols a great character. She’s brave, she cares about people, she IS powerful. BUT you don’t have to trash the rest of the MU to sell it.

I thought we were past that with two Civil Wars but apparently not.

In short, I appreciate Captain Marvel and want her to be seen as a positive FOR Marvel.

So I don’t appreciate it when writers alienate her to other fans by building her up at the expense of other people’s favourites.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-01-2020 at 10:41 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

If Thor clobbered Carol through a planet and knocked her clean out would you appreciate it? If Tony blasted her with some voodoo science that cancelled her powers for ten seconds and then knocked her out with his armoured finger would people here be cheering? Or would they be miffed that the Iron Man fans were dancing up and down and fist pumping?
    All of these would be fine. I remember when hulk knocked carol clean away during Time Runs Out.

Thor can survive in the sun. If Jen is Carols physical superior, we are now saying she is two places up on Thor? No, sorry, no. Thor has taken blasts from Galactus, from Celestials, and he does not get one shotted by Captain Marvel. If he did that to her people here would cry foul.
    Immortal hulk already cracked thor's skull with one hit. Jen was matching him better until he just caught her off guard with mindgames and knocked her away (without really damaging her). Aaron's version of jen is also consistenly more powerful than thor. At least with aaron's and ewing's version of jen/thor, jen is noticeably above thor. Now cates' thor is a different matter because he's really leaning into "king of asgard and the power that comes with it"

Also, captain marvel/thor fight happened for hours, she was using her energy absorption to amp up herself, so hardly a one shot. She only got the edge to knock him out when she took out his hammer and caught him off-guard. She's knocked the void out of sentry, taking him out of the fight after absorbing a nuke, or overloaded count nefaria, or beat galactus' punisher bots fairly quickly when blue marvel was getting pushed back after getting amped with energy.

She has flexible power level based on how much energy she got.

Also, her defeating anyone in a fight was the least of the problem with either civil war.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Aaron's version of jen is also consistenly more powerful than thor...
    Is where I stopped being interested, sorry.

Tchalla should have been a tougher challenge than Jen. How could he not know it was Carol when she and Thor fought for hours all over the planet with her mask off?

No way Jen is that much more dangerous than Carol.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-01-2020 at 11:00 PM.

BANNED

Is where I stopped being interested, sorry.
    but it's factual and also acknowledged by thor in the run.

also back when normal jen started working out in slott's, she became noticeably more powerful than even hercules and defeated Champion. She needed a jupiter suit to contain her strength to function on a day to day basis.

So she does seem ot have the potential to be that powerful

Tchalla should have been a tougher challenge than Jen. How could he not know it was Carol when she and Thor fought for hours all over the planet with her mask off?
    no seems to have captured or noticed the fight. T'challa only noticed that thor/iron man were gone, not the circumstances.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-01-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    but it's factual and also acknowledged by thor in the run.

also back when normal jen started working out in slott's, she became noticeably more powerful than even hercules and defeated Champion. She needed a jupiter suit to contain her strength to function on a day to day basis.

So she does seem ot have the potential to be that powerful

no seems to have captured or noticed the fight. T'challa only noticed that thor/iron man were gone, not the circumstances.
    Which just shows KT has the same limited grasp of TChalla as she does Thor.

Meanwhile, something worth appreciating...