Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1620
    BANNED

Definitely don’t think they should ever shy away from the fact Carol was the original Ms Marvel. She carried that name for so many years and in my opinion she’s the most popular character with that name. I honestly wouldn’t mind it referenced here and there.

In regards to the costume there’s no reason they even have to make it look exactly like the comics. It’s a Alt. Universe I also agree with the idea that it’s more the artist the depiction then the suit itself. Wonder Woman’s most iconic look could be said the same thing about.

It kinda looks awful to me with this "shorts" style. If they didn't want to just add the original they should have made it pants covering her whole legs. This one is a weird and ugly middle ground.

Mighty Member

Wanting to get into reading Carol, but how many Captain Marvel's are there? I'm guessing I would start with Mar-vell's story since Carol is introduced during that one. I head Monica Rambeau was a Marvel too? I'm confused....

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Wanting to get into reading Carol, but how many Captain Marvel's are there? I'm guessing I would start with Mar-vell's story since Carol is introduced during that one. I head Monica Rambeau was a Marvel too? I'm confused....
    Confused? Really? It's easy to know.

Mar-Vell
    Monica Rambeau (During The Whole Roger Stern run on Avengers)
    Genis-Vell
    Phyla-Vell
    Carol Danvers (She always was Ms. Marvel and for a very short period Warbird)

Extraordinary Member

Start fresh with 2012 Carol.

But if you want the big picture going back to the 1960s: Mar-vell was first. With Carol as his spin-off Ms Marvel.

In the early 80s, Mar-vell died from cancer from a villain exposing him to nerve gas.

Monica Rambeau with different powers was given the name Captain Marvel. But her powers and origin have nothing to do with Mar-Vell.

In the 90s, Mar-vell’s wife through science, DNa and stuff had Mar-vell’s son Genis, who took the Captain Marvell name from Monica.

Genis’s sister Phyla (Mar-vell’s daughter) also then took the Captain Marvel name.

Genis later died himself.

During all this it was revealed, Mar-Vell’s first child was with a Skrull princess. This is the Young Avenger known as Hulkling. But he’s never taken the Captain Marvel name.

Later a renegade Kree (Noh-Varr aka Marvel Boy) was given the Captain Marvel name by the evil Norman Osborn. Noh-Varr basically left Osborn and the name Captain Marvel after discovering Norman was evil.

After all this. Plus an amnesiac sleeper Skrull made to think he was Mar-Vell (who sacrificed himself).
    Carol Danvers decides to be a better superheroine and to honor Mar-Vell, by becoming the new main Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-02-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Phyla died too, but there's an alternate universe Phyla currently with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

And you only explained the Captain Marvels. Noh-Varr is actually the third Marvel Boy. The golden age one is now the Uranian and the 80s version became Justice in the 90s New Warriors series. As for Ms. Marvel, Carol was the first of four, the others being Sharon Ventura (in Fantastic Four, when Carol was Binary), Karla Sofen (Moonstone, when she was part of the Dark Avengers), and Kamala Khan, who took over after Carol became Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-02-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Phyla died too, but there's an alternate universe Phyla currently with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

And you only explained the Captain Marvels. Noh-Varr is actually the third Marvel Boy. The golden age one is now the Uranian and the 80s version became Justice in the 90s New Warriors series. As for Ms. Marvel, Carol was the first of four, the others being Sharon Ventura (in Fantastic Four, when Carol was Binary), Karla Sofen (Moonstone, when she was part of the Dark Avengers), and Kamala Khan, who took over after Carol became Captain Marvel.
    Right. I tried to make it as simplistic as I could to answer the poster’s question.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lot of Accuser hammers going around these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It kinda looks awful to me with this "shorts" style. If they didn't want to just add the original they should have made it pants covering her whole legs. This one is a weird and ugly middle ground.
    I think it looks better with shorts, they also gave it some details like knee pads and some gold in the gloves, but yeah, since they wanted to use it they should have given it pants like the design from Fear Itself.

If you want to read Carol i recommend starting with this order: Kelly DeConnick's 2012 and 2014 run, Captain Marvel 2016, The Life of Captain Marvel which updates her origin and the current run Captain Marvel 2019.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 09-02-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Empyre #6 spoilers

spoilers:
    Did Al Ewing forgot Carol can breathe in space?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 09-02-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Fix your spoiler tags, it should just be spoil.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

thanks, i tried like 15 times to fix it lmao

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Empyre #6 spoilers

spoilers:
    Did Al Ewing forgot Carol can breathe in space?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    al ewing forgot carol can save the sun too so
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Just saw it, when we think we overcame that costume they keep bringing it back, atleast it seems they gave it shorts.
    Captain Marvel has the same problem Spider Woman and Tigra have. The new costume is just so boring but they can't go back to the one people like because "reasons".
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest