Page 15 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I think Kelly has been killing it characterization wise so far though and I don’t see her putting Carol in a negative light.
    i don't know, carol under kelly almost joined up with minnerva cuz of bad publicity of her being kree and was jealous/resentful of star and almost started drinking 'cuz of it including questioning her ability to be a hero if the world hates her.
    I mean she was a pirate opposing the shiar, and ascended to high ranks in military even with the systemic sexism and people hating on her.
    she wasn't even like that under reed where the whole publicity angle was played straight (and was sort of even a meta joke, where Dr strange, the x-men had that same publicist)
    Even there it was about her goal to become the greatest hero on earth (which included both image and action), and eventually she figured, she didn't like that and just focused on being her best self. Even her fighting Karla sofen was about making her realize that she needs to oppose osborn instead of joining him in order to BE a hero rather than just be seen as one for the benefits.

Like I kinda liked it when the book started because carol didn't seem to care about the publicity aspect, but was only put upto it by as something begrudgingly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i don't know, carol under kelly almost joined up with minnerva cuz of bad publicity of her being kree and was jealous/resentful of star and almost started drinking 'cuz of it including questioning her ability to be a hero if the world hates her.
    I mean she was a pirate opposing the shiar, and ascended to high ranks in military even with the systemic sexism and people hating on her.
    she wasn't even like that under reed where the whole publicity angle was played straight (and was sort of even a meta joke, where Dr strange, the x-men had that same publicist)
    Even there it was about her goal to become the greatest hero on earth (which included both image and action), and eventually she figured, she didn't like that and just focused on being her best self. Even her fighting Karla sofen was about making her realize that she needs to oppose osborn instead of joining him in order to BE a hero rather than just be seen as one for the benefits.

Like I kinda liked it when the book started because carol didn't seem to care about the publicity aspect, but was only put upto it by as something begrudgingly.
    I have my own complaints personally, but overall I’m enjoying the run. Everything you mentioned bothers me as well but I think theres some really gem moments in the book like the conclusion to her fight with Star and how Carol showed her willingness to be the hero in that fight. Heck I liked the whole I’m half Kree angle that Kelly did in The Life of Captain Marvel. I like that the Kree are playing a bigger role in her mythos or seem to be played up. I like moments like sparring with She Hulk. I can’t say much about the current arc but I’m enjoying it so far. I thought the Thor fight was cool.

I don’t like the idea of Carol being discharged from the Airforce but I think it’ll tie in well with what their doing with Secret Empyre. Hoping the military discharge isn’t something permanent as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really could not have come up with a better Kree name...
    Car-ell was literally a joke from the generations captain marvel book

it was literally carol hiding her cover and jokingly saying something lame like "yeah my name's Car-ell, that sounds like a kree name"

now they're like, no it actually is car-ell

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    EMPYRE: SAVAGE AVENGERS #1
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art and Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
    In South America, Conan finds himself enslaved - which is typically bad news for those attempting to do the enslaving! But these enslavers come from beyond the stars, and they’ve got a singular and grisly end in store for the Cimmerian - one that only Venom can help him avoid!
    And the solicit doesn't say the enslavers are the Kree or the Skrulls at any moment. Everyone is jumping to the conclusion they are the bad guys of this event, when Incoming! very clearly showed us that there was something sinister hiding on Earth, which is exactly what the Kree and Skrulls working for Teddy were investigating when they were killed. There is more to this event than ''Kree and Skrulls invade Earth'', so how about we wait for the story to unfold?

Plus, again, the solicit for Captain Marvel #18 says Carol is going after a rogue KREE terrorist, which obviously means the empire is not just turning a blind eye to any of their own who commits a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I find it hilarious that that article keeps referring to Jen as "She-Hulk" despite Jason Aaron's insistence that she's Hulk now.

BANNED

This was honestly the fight I’ve been waiting for, given how they’ve been portraying Jen I was curious to how they’d treat this fight and both characters in it.

I don’t get how Carol took T’Challa out or took his suit away still. I think the habit thing could of been handled better.

I really wish Thomspon could write normal She-Hulk again.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    This was honestly the fight I’ve been waiting for, given how they’ve been portraying Jen I was curious to how they’d treat this fight and both characters in it.

I don’t get how Carol took T’Challa out or took his suit away still. I think the habit thing could of been handled better.
    Well, he took a photon blast from an upgraded Captain Marvel.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really wish Thomspon could write normal She-Hulk again.
    Yeah, i don't know why they still haven't reverted her back to the normal state.

Yeah, i don't know why they still haven't reverted her back to the normal state.
    Because Jason Aaron still wants her like this. For some reason.

All-New Member

Probably won't happen until Aaron leaves the avengers book or the upcoming tv show arrives (for synergy). :/

BANNED

I just read issue 9 of Carol’s 2014 run by KSD and the story was great, hilarious and had a good point. It gave me major Scott Pilgrim vs The World vibes and I could definitely see Brie playing Carol in that story.

Another thing I liked is it showed Carol fights for equality whether your male, female or alien. She believes in female empowerment but doesn’t believe in a system that has women ahead of men is what I got from the story. Stuff like that I feel should be highlighted

BANNED

I thought the whole "suit only hears" thing to be weird and just incompetent, but now it's doubly weird that it isn't used as much with how they talk. I like cap just not bothering with a fight
    Also thor fought carol for hours, even with energy charging that's too much kelly slow down she wasn't even binary for most of it

Though I did like carol absorbing the electricity out of she-hulk's brain to knock her out. Atleast in binary I did expect her to be able to do that since that form can control the EM spectrum a lot better (but she could've leached the gamma radiation instead, especially with Jen's new suit that helps her channel gamma energy)

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Because Jason Aaron still wants her like this. For some reason.
    "Because if you like her as a confident and pretty Hulk, you're sexist."

Man, Aaron can not leave that book soon enough.