Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Moonstone has impersonated Carol at least twice (during Dark Reign, people actually thought Karla was the real Ms. Marvel and Carol an imposter in an outdated costume) and worn three of her costumes. That's enough reason for a grudge.
    C93841D3-1330-4F1F-8D90-6061C3AC0A10.jpg
    9C6B8CF4-8025-4D90-836F-3B2876E37930.jpg
    8FA6F7CE-7ED0-4492-9E54-DAE8DE045345.jpg

The way War of the Marvels was written they had a conclusion to a not so long feud. Honestly this would of been a point to have conclude Karla being a villain and do it in a way that would of been beautifully done. Hell have even possibly made her a Anti-Hero

Carol put her Moonstone in the grace of the woman she killed, not knowing if dying Karla would of went back there, but telling her to reflect on her life and ask herself how she got to that point.

It’s the only arc between the two that has any notable relevance. Anything now just undermines that arc in my opinion. But even so given the fact Moonstone is still treated like a villain she’d need to team up or come equipped with an amp to face Carol whose much stronger than she was in Dark Reign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think she has the makings of being a mastermind villain because she's a master manipulator who is extremely power-hungry on-top of that. She's just never been bumped up to that extent.
    She should be looking to find a way to become more powerful is she’s power hungry. Hell turn her to female Dr. Doom in the sense she tries to find new ways to become more powerful. Given she has the ability to absorb energy the story potential is there.

Carol has mastermind villains though that are the mustache twirling ones.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I don’t see in what way Black Swan would challenge Carol. It would have to be with other baddies or something given Carol’s treatment of Black Swan and Black Dwarf in the Star book

Attachment 98399

Unless they give Karla another Moonstone or have her come at Carol another way i don’t see how she’d challenge Carol. Carol kinda easily handled her the last two times Karla has appeared in a Carol centric comic. Once in the Brian Reed run with Carol regaining both her halves and like 2-3 shotting Karla and taking the Moonstone and then by Thompson herself in the Life Of Captain Marvel book easliy handling Karla. If Moonstone came back she’d need a amp. Especially since Carol can apparently go Binary for short periods of time without any notable energy absorption under Thompson. Karla really isn’t a plotter either. She needs a amp to be a legit threat to current Carol
    Attachment 98400
    Attachment 98401

The idea of Moonstone and Star interacting sounds like something that should happen though.
    Yep, but i think she would work better as a master-mind villain, like @Frontier said she's very manipulative, she could be what Claremont had planned Mystique to be for Carol.

She should be looking to find a way to become more powerful is she’s power hungry. Hell turn her to female Dr. Doom in the sense she tries to find new ways to become more powerful. Given she has the ability to absorb energy the story potential is there.

Carol has mastermind villains though that are the mustache twirling ones.
    Well, Karla's at least more charismatic then that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think their entire dynamic in Dark Reign is enough to fuel a grudge, and they're such different personalities and women that that's enough to make a compelling contrast.

I remember people were so convinced Moonstone would become Carol's definitive new rival in both media and in the comics...only for that to not happen.
    As MadFacedKid put it, the reason karla took to the Ms. Marvel title is because she got public approval, and part of her thought she could hide behind the guise of being a hero.
    However when carol came back she set Karla straight, based on her own earlier arc and told her to stand on her own against osborn and go to her own identity. Be a hero instead of just trying to be seen as one and all that

It'd be a utter waste to have karla go full villain again. The next time we saw Karla in the Dark avengers conclusion, she was kinda pissed that someone dressed her up as Carol again.

Ultimately it just doesn't make any sense to me. Karla's not power hungry in the way that concerns carol. She manipulates teams around her to do her bidding.

Karla remaining an anti-hero and them teaming up would be interesting. Although I did have an idea based on her moonstones (based on their kree origin). That perhaps someone comes to collect the moonstones and other artifacts of the Lifestone Tree, and karla is afraid and goes to carol for help. Maybe down the road she double crosses carol to get the other moonstone. Somehing like that.

Make a big arc out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post

Karla remaining an anti-hero and them teaming up would be interesting. Although I did have an idea based on her moonstones (based on their kree origin). That perhaps someone comes to collect the moonstones and other artifacts of the Lifestone Tree, and karla is afraid and goes to carol for help. Maybe down the road she double crosses carol to get the other moonstone. Somehing like that.

Make a big arc out of it.
    This I could get behind. You already have the plot and everything down to, and it would make sense for both characters.

It would play into Karla’s manipulative nature if she tried to use Carol in such a way that it was not even originally intentional but more opportunistic. Cause given the Star series and even before then Carol doesn’t come off as someone whose easily conned or manipulated, Carol really isn’t the person who sees the best in people, but she would help a villain out in the way of saving their life because she’s still a hero and that’s what they do as well as leave the opportunity for them to do the right thing open. Moonstone could end up becoming Carol’s Loki. While Star is basically Carol’s Circe in a way. Loki being opportunistic and Circe being already all powerful in a way she doesn’t need to be so much conniving.

Star has basically been what I’d see Moonstone as character wise. If it’s important to keep both though I’d make Moonstone play up to the whole Kree connection like Ichi is suggesting with the Moonstones while Star could either be more Cosmic or earth based depending on the story and doesn’t really need to tie to Carol’s Kree heritage.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 07-05-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Marcus/Scarlet Centurion, and the Master. I love the idea of more female rogues on a cosmic/Binary level too. It’s something Marvel desperately needs.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m surprised nobody mentioned Marcus/Scarlet Centurion, and the Master. I love the idea of more female rogues on a cosmic/Binary level too. It’s something Marvel desperately needs.
    Given the way Thompson is handling Carol I’d be surprised if we didn’t get more Cosmic/Binary level rogues.

I’d argue if Star should logically be on that level if not above it given the Star series ended with Star claiming to have mastered the Reality Stone.

Vox Supreme might have potential to be there as well

Another thought just crossed my mind—a female analog to the Super Skrull, and the Lunatic Legion, as Kree extremists. Superia and Moonstone forming a female Mistresses of Evil, with some Marvel heavyweights.

Edit-after some research I found Godkiller. She’s perfect for this role.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-05-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Given the way Thompson is handling Carol I’d be surprised if we didn’t get more Cosmic/Binary level rogues.

I’d argue if Star should logically be on that level if not above it given the Star series ended with Star claiming to have mastered the Reality Stone.

Vox Supreme might have potential to be there as well
    I really hope so. Thompson’s hit or miss with me, but her CM is a hit thus far.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Ooh! And Sybyl Dorn, from the Brethren. The brethren are on a power level of the Eternals, so she’d definitely give Carol a bit of a challenge.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

I liked her A-Force, Star and Secret Wars books so far she’s been pretty great with Carol I think even people not fond of her writing would atleast agree it’s been better than the last couple runs we got for Carol

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Star and Vox Supreme are both nice new additions.
    I wish Vox Supreme hadn’t been beaten so quickly...a recurring set new foes is something Carol needs.

Superia as an arch villain? There was one issue in Avengers were she was bossing the Avengers on her own without breaking a sweat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Superia as an arch villain? There was one issue in Avengers were she was bossing the Avengers on her own without breaking a sweat.
    Yeah, new avengers 10 or so. Though Im not sure whats up with that, because carol later knocked her out easily, and the same happened in new avengers 23ish when skaar turned on them.

But superia is a smart woman and can keep experimenting on herself to keep getting better.