Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 1233
  1. #826
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Carol after telling Tony she saw a Skrull getting turned into a tree but he didn't listen to her

    Attachment 99055
    meh, dude was mentally influenced, doesn't matter at all.
    she also suggested diplomacy, but in both cases quoi and swordsman dismissed it. I guess you could blame her for not being more vocal, but it would be petty either way.

  2. #827
    Fantastic Member AndersonHoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    meh, dude was mentally influenced, doesn't matter at all.
    she also suggested diplomacy, but in both cases quoi and swordsman dismissed it. I guess you could blame her for not being more vocal, but it would be petty either way.
    Everytime someone is right Tony doesn't accept and only thinks he's the right one, when he's constantly wrong.

  3. #828
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Everytime someone is right Tony doesn't accept and only thinks he's the right one, when he's constantly wrong.
    sure, and even ewing acknowledged on twitter that tony saying that about carol was bad, especially bringing up her alcoholism

  4. #829
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    meh, dude was mentally influenced, doesn't matter at all.
    she also suggested diplomacy, but in both cases quoi and swordsman dismissed it. I guess you could blame her for not being more vocal, but it would be petty either way.
    Yeah I’d rather her not rub it in Tony’s face. Not the type of characterization I think would be fitting for Carol.


    Regardless I thought Stark couldn’t be mentally tampered with.

  5. #830
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Yeah I’d rather her not rub it in Tony’s face. Not the type of characterization I think would be fitting for Carol.


    Regardless I thought Stark couldn’t be mentally tampered with.
    only when hes wearing the suit i guess?

  6. #831
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Pama Temples of Titan
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    This story is everything for me right now.

  7. #832
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    “ IT'S A BRAVE NEW WORLD – AND THE START OF A BRAND-NEW ARC!
    New York City is under attack—but this time, Captain Marvel can't save them. Stolen away to a far future, Carol Danvers faces a threat unlike any she's known. Brand-new villains and heroes, a cast both familiar and strange and the big action you've come to expect from the architects of the hit "Last Avenger"—don't miss the start of Kelly Thompson and Lee Garbett's newest and biggest story yet!”

    1.) Suggest “The Last Avenger” was a “hit” which I’m glad cause I enjoyed it and am hoping for more elements from that story arc to carry over. It was a cool to show Carol doing powerhouse stuff and at the same time built on rogues gallery and connection to Kree

    2.) Suggest were not only getting new villains (plural) but also new heroes. “Familiar” and “Strange” might be key words.

    3.) Time travel seems obvious. Cause it’s directly implied

    4.) Big action akin to “The Last Avenger” which is great

  8. #833
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,452

    Default

    Looks fun. My only concern is Carol being trapped away from everyone else having to team up was basically her first arc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  9. #834
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    I’m curious to how far is a “far future” it could end up being similar to Thompson’s “Captain Marvel: The End” type era. We might see familiar faces of chraracters she knows present day aged up that typically appear in her book like Rhodey, Jessica, Tony. I’d assume far future would be really out there myself but familiar is what throws me off.

    I honestly wouldn’t mind Carol branching off a bit here and there for big arcs. Almost every big time character has a arc that could be told in a way that seems like they exist in their own universe and self contained in it. I’d love for Carol to get big enough and be able to do that. But honestly I feel like it just depends on how good the story is, and if there’s some element to grab peoples attention also maybe.

  10. #835
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    229

    Default

    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ain-marvel-18/

    Exclusive Preview for Captain Marvel # 18

  11. #836
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,264

    Default

    Carol seems all over the place in this book .

  12. #837
    Fantastic Member AndersonHoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    sure, and even ewing acknowledged on twitter that tony saying that about carol was bad, especially bringing up her alcoholism
    They also keep insistently reminding folks that "Carol put Tony Stark in a coma" over and over, very passive aggressively. It's like they're trying to make everyone forget that was Tony who tried to kill her in the first place, all she did was defend herself.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 07-23-2020 at 07:27 PM.

  13. #838
    Fantastic Member AndersonHoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Edn_ZMTWsAIu062.jpg

    The Skrulls on the cover could hint that they're going to be in the storyline(?) or that's just a misleading cover.

  14. #839
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    They also keep insistently reminding folks that "Carol put Tony Stark in a coma" over and over, very passive aggressively. It's like they're trying to make everyone forget that was Tony who tried to kill her in the first place, all she did was defend herself.
    I wish we could just put Civil War II behind us.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Edn_ZMTWsAIu062.jpg

    The Skrulls on the cover could hint that they're going to be in the storyline(?) or that's just a misleading cover.
    I'm not really sure what "Carol Danvers interrupting some teen Skrulls on a date" is meant to imply...

  15. #840
    Fantastic Member AndersonHoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish we could just put Civil War II behind us.

    I'm not really sure what "Carol Danvers interrupting some teen Skrulls on a date" is meant to imply...
    Maybe she's saving them from the cotati?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •