Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1620

If they want to push Jessica as a spider character, then she really should be closer to Peter. Until Spider-Verse, their entire relationship was based on both being on Bendis's New Avengers together. And the Jess that Peter first knew there was an imposter!

And since Jessica is one of Carol's best friends, it would bring Peter into her circle as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Considering that I've seen interviews where KSD states that she wrotes Carol as a person in her late -30 or early 40s, that she considered Jess to be about 7 years younger than Carol and Jess is, in canon, over 30 and therefore older than Peter...I don't think Carol and Peter are likely to become an item, considering he's just maybe 30? At most?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Considering that I've seen interviews where KSD states that she wrotes Carol as a person in her late -30 or early 40s, that she considered Jess to be about 7 years younger than Carol and Jess is, in canon, over 30 and therefore older than Peter...I don't think Carol and Peter are likely to become an item, considering he's just maybe 30? At most?
    I've always seen her as late 20, early 30's, but I guess timeline wise she'd have to be older.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've always seen her as late 20, early 30's, but I guess timeline wise she'd have to be older.
    I've always pictured Carol as someone in her late 30s and I think it's reinforced with how she's written. She doesn't strike me as being Parker's age.

Nit that Carol can't be friends with Peter but I don't see anything more than that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I've always pictured Carol as someone in her late 30s and I think it's reinforced with how she's written. She doesn't strike me as being Parker's age.

Nit that Carol can't be friends with Peter but I don't see anything more than that.
    Maybe it's because she physically looks like she's in her 20's to me, but that's probably because her powers have slowed her aging down.

Maybe it's because she physically looks like she's in her 20's to me, but that's probably because her powers have slowed her aging down.
    Yeah, I think Captain Marvel The End showed Carol was ageless, but her powers had also changed her by that point and she glowed all the time and in a way didn't even have a human form anymore, she was just a being of pure energy.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Early 30's is the absolute most that Marvel editorial would allow her to be.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Carol is imortal, she doesn't age.

She's not immortal, but Kree do live longer than humans, so she would have enhanced longevity. And yes, it does explain why she looks younger than she is - she would've been in her late 20s when she got her powers (considering her military rank), and not have visibly aged since then (getting her powers is what triggered her Kree genetics) even if she's now pushing 40 (she debuted in the 70s, which would be at least 10 years ago in-universe). I've seen people say that Tyler Hoechlin is too young to play Superman (on the CW), but he's not, because Superman also doesn't age as fast as humans do. Likewise, Brie Larson doesn't need aging make up to play Carol in the present day even though the first Captain Marvel film was set in the 90s. The only way her appearance changed in Avengers Endgame was her hairstyle, but the character must've been about 50 years old there (Carol was in her 20s - Brie's actual age - when she got her powers, and Endgame is around two and a half decades after her solo film).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-30-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's not immortal, but Kree do live longer than humans, so she would have enhanced longevity. And yes, it does explain why she looks younger than she is - she would've been in her late 20s when she got her powers (considering her military rank), and not have visibly aged since then (getting her powers is what triggered her Kree genetics) even if she's now pushing 40 (she debuted in the 70s, which would be at least 10 years ago in-universe). I've seen people say that Tyler Hoechlin is too young to play Superman (on the CW), but he's not, because Superman also doesn't age as fast as humans do. Likewise, Brie Larson doesn't need aging make up to play Carol in the present day even though the first Captain Marvel film was set in the 90s. The only way her appearance changed in Avengers Endgame was her hairstyle, but the character must've been about 50 years old there (Carol was in her 20s - Brie's actual age - when she got her powers, and Endgame is around two and a half decades after her solo film).
    Her immortality doesn't come from the kree blood but the experiment the brood did on her.

Ive always pictured modern day Carol as being in her late 30s as well. If Spider-Man is canonically in his late 20s, then that would work as she should be about at least a decade older than him

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post

Looking good Carol .

Really was not expecting her sister to become female Ronan...

Looking good Carol .

Really was not expecting her sister to become female Ronan...
    Really? I was expecting it considering that she just so happened to show up when Carol got the hammer. Seemed like an inevitability to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Really? I was expecting it considering that she just so happened to show up when Carol got the hammer. Seemed like an inevitability to me.
    I guess in hindsight, but I was just thinking I wasn't sure we needed a female Ronan .