Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Sounds like Carol's embracing her Kree side for once (Minn-Erva would be proud).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if she's working for Hulkling, she's not a villain.
    this assumes hulkling isn't a villain

ASSUMES

According to solicits, the Kree and Skrull are invading Earth and enslaving humanity. So looks like an evil!Carol so far.

Still not a fan of "Car-El", so I can't say I'm looking forward to this.

Fantastic Member

We won't know anything for sure until the events start, we don't even know why Carol's joined Hulkling yet. I still don't' think this is going be an Carol's evil arch.
    Last edited by Distraction; 02-11-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    We won't know anything for sure until the events start, we don't even know why Carol's joined Hulkling yet. I still don't' think this is going be an Carol's evil arch.
    I'm reminded about the early reaction to the "Dark Carol" arc where they released art of her killing/fighting the Avengers, then when the actual story came out... things were less simple than "she's bad now".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I'm reminded about the early reaction to the "Dark Carol" arc where they released art of her killing/fighting the Avengers, then when the actual story came out... things were less simple than "she's bad now".
    yeah we know
    but it's the imagery

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Attachment 93000

#CaptainMarvel #18 cover by @jorge_molinam - EMPYRE TIE IN! Carol Danvers is becoming the Supreme Accuser. And her first mission takes her in pursuit of a renegade soldier tied up in EMPYRE. This is a major revelation for Carol and will change her life forever!
    So Kelly just decided that Carol's gonna be a bad bitch from now on, huh? Love that for her. I'm not surprised that the green/black color scheme from the movie made its way to the comics. I think it looks good on her, although I don't think it's going to be a permanent look.

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    Here the solicitations for the issue
    Written by KELLY THOMPSON
    Art by CORY SMITH
    Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    CAPTAIN MARVEL IS THE SUPREME ACCUSER!
    In the throes of war, Carol finds herself with a bold new role – and a brand-new weapon – the Universal Weapon, in fact. When a Kree soldier bombs a unified city of the Empire, Emperor Hulkling sends his new Accuser to bring down the swift and necessary hammer of justice. But what at first seems like a relatively simple directive will end up challenging Carol on a personal level she had never imagined

So it doesn't look like a Carol's evil arch.
    I was wondering what the dynamic between Carol and Teddy would be like... So he is her boss now? That's certainly... a change. And it also implies that whatever happens in the first two issues of Empyre makes Carol change sides, as she seems to begin the event by opposing Teddy's empire. I'm curious to see what motivates her and what role she'll have in this new Kree society.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    According to solicits, the Kree and Skrull are invading Earth and enslaving humanity. So looks like an evil!Carol so far.
    Literally no solicit said that. We know the conflict doesn't even start on Earth, but on the Moon, for whatever reason. I doubt enslaving humanity has anything to do with their goals. It's pretty clear this is related to the the killer from Incoming!, which was someone who was targeting both Kree and Skrulls (which could make Carol a target too). Plus, the solicit for Captain Marvel #18 literally says her mission is to stop a Kree terrorist who bombed a city... how is that evil?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-11-2020 at 10:32 PM.

All-New Member

Well considering she will the Supreme Accuser now, who kinda act like a second-in-command in the kree empire (atleast used to, dont know how the new dynamic of kree/skrull empire will playout). Does this mean she will a confidant to teddy in some way, using her Kree heritage/ancestry as way to get in and gather information for earth and possible advice/keep an eye out for Hulkling when he is the emperor. double agent type of thing. It is a good excuse to have them interact. Also Thompson has said, she won't be villain.
    Last edited by donkey; 02-12-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Literally no solicit said that. We know the conflict doesn't even start on Earth, but on the Moon, for whatever reason. I doubt enslaving humanity has anything to do with their goals.
    EMPYRE: SAVAGE AVENGERS #1
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art and Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
    In South America, Conan finds himself enslaved - which is typically bad news for those attempting to do the enslaving! But these enslavers come from beyond the stars, and they’ve got a singular and grisly end in store for the Cimmerian - one that only Venom can help him avoid!

BANNED

I’m game for Carol becoming an accuser though. Hoping her powers don’t get ignored and if anything the Universal Hammer meshes into her powerset it would be cool to see her amp herself using the hammer. Other than that I think the only thing the hammer would add would be shielding and teleportation

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    we just had a carol is evil arc

just
    Carol wasn’t or isn’t evil in her current arc. She’s being a double agent more like similar to a lot of other storylines but for different reasons.

BANNED

I get the fear though. Unlike her story arc this is an event book. Carol is still getting a lot of flack for the last event book she was a major part of. I’m hoping they don’t make her do anything to questionable character wise. It’s cool to see a character morally challenged everyonce in awhile put in situations where their character is challenged but I think Carol should stay away from anything like that or that could be used against her. I think Kelly has been killing it characterization wise so far though and I don’t see her putting Carol in a negative light.

EMPYRE: SAVAGE AVENGERS #1
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art and Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
    In South America, Conan finds himself enslaved - which is typically bad news for those attempting to do the enslaving! But these enslavers come from beyond the stars, and they’ve got a singular and grisly end in store for the Cimmerian - one that only Venom can help him avoid!
    Yeah, and Zub's Agents of Wakanda seems to have become Invasion of Wakanda. The Kree-Skrull Alliance are coming to Earth... doesn't mean it's necessarily under Hulkling's orders though. I can see there being rebel factions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Still not a fan of "Car-El", so I can't say I'm looking forward to this.
    I don't think even Marvel knows what they're doing with Carol anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I don't think even Marvel knows what they're doing with Carol anymore.
    Well, considering the current event, I'm guessing they're going to stick with "Car-Ell" for at least a year.

Well, considering the current event, I'm guessing they're going to stick with "Car-Ell" for at least a year.
    They really could not have come up with a better Kree name...