Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1620

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still surprised at how skimpy her costume is.
    Yeah, I don't like it. I prefer her classic white and purple leotard; sexy and classy. But hey, at least she looks more like the Sensational She-Hulk hopefully her vocabulary and mental acuity will improve along with her appearance. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I certainly wished that Spider-Man was part of Carol Danvers Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I don't like it. I prefer her classic white and purple leotard; sexy and classy. But hey, at least she looks more like the Sensational She-Hulk hopefully her vocabulary and mental acuity will improve along with her appearance. *crosses fingers*
    The funny thing is Carol gave it a thumbs-up. I guess she's still somewhat the gal who felt fine wearing a leotard for years .

I'm still convinced they did that costume as a joke and a middle finger to the people who were complaining about Jen's transformation and didn't like the whole "She doesn't like being objectified" justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm still convinced they did that costume as a joke and a middle finger to the people who were complaining about Jen's transformation and didn't like the whole "She doesn't like being objectified" justification.
    I mean, Aaron's been pretty wishy-washy about it in general.

One minute Jen's happy about her new form because she's tired of being objectified and likes being ugly...the next minute bad guys are still making passes at her and she's completely naked in a hot spring.

Spectacular Member

So I really enjoyed KSD's run (which I picked up because of its influence on the movie) and I'm really enjoying Thompson's run (which I'm reading because I think Kelly Thompson is an excellent writer) - are any of the volumes in between worth reading? The stuff where she runs Alpha Flight, The Life of Captain Marvel, etc.? It didn't seem warmly received so I skipped it but is there anything of value there?

I know Civil War 2 was basically a disaster for Carol Danvers as they really doubled down on her being a something of a cop on top of the already sticky military stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    So I really enjoyed KSD's run (which I picked up because of its influence on the movie) and I'm really enjoying Thompson's run (which I'm reading because I think Kelly Thompson is an excellent writer) - are any of the volumes in between worth reading? The stuff where she runs Alpha Flight, The Life of Captain Marvel, etc.? It didn't seem warmly received so I skipped it but is there anything of value there?

I know Civil War 2 was basically a disaster for Carol Danvers as they really doubled down on her being a something of a cop on top of the already sticky military stuff.
    I don't think you're really missing much aside from some context but I'd maybe check out "The Rise of Alpha Flight" trade which starts Carol's tenure with the new Alpha Flight and is pre-Civil War II.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Aaron's been pretty wishy-washy about it in general.

One minute Jen's happy about her new form because she's tired of being objectified and likes being ugly...the next minute bad guys are still making passes at her and she's completely naked in a hot spring.
    That sounds like the way they portrayed She-Thing when she first transformed.

Alpha Flight was no good for Carol. I like her better as an Avenger.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post

Did you only read the 2012 run from KSD? then you might wanna check the 2014 run which is also really fun.

You can also check:

Captain Marvel (2016): It shows her working in space and leading sword/alpha flight.

The Ultimates (2015-2016)

The Life of Captain Marvel: It updates her origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Alpha Flight was no good for Carol. I like her better as an Avenger.
    I personally miss her time with the Alpha FLight being the boss of space.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Did you only read the 2012 run from KSD? then you might wanna check the 2014 run which is also really fun.

You can also check:

Captain Marvel (2016): It shows her working in space and leading sword/alpha flight.

The Ultimates (2015-2016)

The Life of Captain Marvel: It updates her origins.
    I like the Ms Marvel series from the 2000s. I didn't like Carol's Captain Marvel adventures prior to The Life of Captain Marvel. The current series is the best Carol has had as Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I like the Ms Marvel series from the 2000s. I didn't like Carol's Captain Marvel adventures prior to The Life of Captain Marvel. The current series is the best Carol has had as Captain Marvel.
    Didn't you just say you liked KSD's run and didn't read the others?
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 12-21-2020 at 10:11 AM.

I guess The Life of Captain Marvel is a must as far as Carol's modern origin is concerned and explaining why her hair grew back).