Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1620

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Most of the fans never cared for the relationship with Rhodys anyway and i think Thompson feels the same way. I would rather Carol to stay single since they'll never give us CarolJess.
    If Thompson didn't care about it, I don't see why she even bothered bringing Rhodey back unless she felt like she had to deal with the fallout from their relationship after Rhodey's resurrection.

I would've rather spent time developing and investing in a love interest that was all Carol's own instead of trying to do Rhodey again, which didn't really go anywhere.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Thompson didn't care about it, I don't see why she even bothered bringing Rhodey back unless she felt like she had to deal with the fallout from their relationship after Rhodey's resurrection.

I would've rather spent time developing and investing in a love interest that was all Carol's own instead of trying to do Rhodey again, which didn't really go anywhere.
    Maybe it was Marvel that was pushing it? idk, or maybe Kelly just wanted to give continuity to the previous writters work.

I like Carol's animation sequence design in this gif; the transition between powered-up and normal really pops.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The thing is friendships will always be better than romantic relationships, just look at Carol and Jess, they have so much chemistry together and are always there for each other. You can't have that with romantic relationships because they come and go, friendship is forever.

The thing is friendships will always be better than romantic relationships, just look at Carol and Jess, they have so much chemistry together and are always there for each other. You can't have that with romantic relationships because they come and go, friendship is forever.
    Ah, I don't agree about the last bit of your statement (I know of several romantic couples who have stayed together forever and remained "best friends") but otherwise, you make a good point (about Carol and Jess).

Most of the fans never cared for the relationship with Rhodys anyway and i think Thompson feels the same way. I would rather Carol to stay single since they'll never give us CarolJess.
    I liked it, it was healthy. Of course it isn't a "OMG they are perfect, gonna send a e-mail to Kelly about how i hate that she is breaking them up"
    I just hope this isn't a "I'm independent woman and need no man" to crap on anther blackman like they did with T'challa

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I liked it, it was healthy. Of course it isn't a "OMG they are perfect, gonna send a e-mail to Kelly about how i hate that she is breaking them up"
    I just hope this isn't a "I'm independent woman and need no man" to crap on anther blackman like they did with T'challa
    My feelings exactly. I thought the pairing had potential even though it wasn't one I craved.

I mean, I think there enough great romances in comics to where that's not necessarily true.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ah, I don't agree about the last bit of your statement (I know of several romantic couples who have stayed together forever and remained "best friends") but otherwise, you make a good point (about Carol and Jess).
    I mean, realistically when a romantic relationship is done it's all ruined and the ones that lasts for too long feels tiring. You can't compete that with a friendship already established for decades.

I mean, realistically when a romantic relationship is done it's all ruined and the ones that lasts for too long feels tiring. You can't compete that with a friendship already established for decades.
    I think fans of those relationships would beg to disagree .

No doubt friendship is better.

I think fans of those relationships would beg to disagree .
    I wasn't talking about the relationships in the comics but the realistic ones.

I wasn't talking about the relationships in the comics but the realistic ones.
    I don't think that has any bearings on comics, though?

Honestly I feel like this gives Kelly a chance to develop a genuine love interest that's just for Carol, if that's what the plan is. That's what I was hoping she'd be doing from the start.

I don't think that has any bearings on comics, though?

Honestly I feel like this gives Kelly a chance to develop a genuine love interest that's just for Carol, if that's what the plan is. That's what I was hoping she'd be doing from the start.
    Well if thatis the plan, really give Carol her "true love' I might be ok with ending things between Carol/Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My feelings exactly. I thought the pairing had potential even though it wasn't one I craved.
    I Also think they had potential, but Kelly never hide that she wasnt a fan of the couple

BANNED

My problem isn't that their relationship is ending. My problem is going to be if the reason doesn't make sense.