Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1620

Did she have that overcoat in the comic?

Because she really should have if she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post

This makes me wish they had done more with "evil" Carol than they actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wish they had done more with "evil" Carol than they actually did.
    I've wished that since the start, oh well.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm not a proponent of making a character asexual to show that they are strong. A love interest should build a character's universe, flesh her out perhaps, and not just be a method of reflecting glory or stealing fire.

She's had plenty of partners already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Carol needs no man, but she and Jess will look cute
    But fortunately her history never surrounded that.
    I wonder if they are setting up a Captain Marvel/Valkyrie-ship since Tessa Thompson and Brie Larson seem to be leading the MCU in that direction. At least in metafiction.
    https://www.cbr.com/fanart-captain-m...rie-canon-mcu/

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'm not a proponent of making a character asexual to show that they are strong. A love interest should build a character's universe, flesh her out perhaps, and not just be a method of reflecting glory or stealing fire.

I wonder if they are setting up a Captain Marvel/Valkyrie-ship since Tessa Thompson and Brie Larson seem to be leading the MCU in that direction. At least in metafiction.
    https://www.cbr.com/fanart-captain-m...rie-canon-mcu/
    Lol. Disney will never offend China

Astonishing Member

Carol needs no partner, unless it's Jess.
    Peter Parker and Carol works well together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Carol/Rhodey felt arbitrary. Carol with Falcon might have felt better with their shared love of aeronautics. It could have been sold properly.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ca...achine-comics/
    The Rhodeymance with Carol seemed to send Carol from Wonder Man to another superhero-romantic situation with no motivation.
    Captain Marvel needs a Steve Trevor/Lois Lane type non-meta love interest. Or maybe an alien version...
    Carol Danvers and Peter Parker had the potential to be a great dynamic between them. A shame that KSD wasn't interested and went with James Rhodes instead. Peter Parker is the sort of person who Carol can relate to. With Rhodey, it felt forced.

If Thompson didn't care about it, I don't see why she even bothered bringing Rhodey back unless she felt like she had to deal with the fallout from their relationship after Rhodey's resurrection.

I would've rather spent time developing and investing in a love interest that was all Carol's own instead of trying to do Rhodey again, which didn't really go anywhere.
    Kelly Thompson was continuing from where Kelly Sue Deconnick left off, in my opinion. While I am not saying that Peter Parker should be Carol love interest(which would make her BFF Jessica Drew very jealous), they do have an interesting dynamic that works well when they are together...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-26-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Carol Danvers and Peter Parker had the potential to be a great dynamic between them. A shame that KSD wasn't interested and went with James Rhodes instead.
    Carol and Peter had already tried dating and found out they had no romantic chemistry between them before KSD's run on the title, so it really wouldn't have made much sense for her to go there again. They are friends, but won't be a couple.

Peter Parker is the sort of person who Carol can relate to. With Rhodey, it felt forced.
    On the contrary. Carol and Rhodey have a lot more in common, with them both being pilots (a shared love for them to bond over) and them both being ex-military. They are also both close friends of Tony Stark, which is undoubtedly what led to them spending the time together to get involved in the first place. Carol and Peter, on the other hand, have such very different background and personalities that when they did try to date it felt very awkward and they decided to just be friends.

BANNED

Peter Parker and Carol works well together.
    Are you shipping Carol with Spider-Man this hard on the Spider-Man forums/threads? Like sheesh man

BANNED

I thought she kind of dropped the ball with Vox Supreme but that arc in general just didn't do it for me.
    The fact that Carol didn’t beat Vox Supreme just with her power alone could end up leaving him both as a powerhouse villain and a master mind given the whole supreme intelligence thing. So the ending didn’t damage the credibility of Vox being a threat to Carol in my opinion but I agree he could of done more. Carol’s biggest threat in that arc seemed to be time and her fellow avengers which was cool. If the arc was stretched out maybe we could of gotten more out of Vox

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Are you shipping Carol with Spider-Man this hard on the Spider-Man forums/threads? Like sheesh man
    Nah, no one would dare. If you push Gwen or Felicia, much less Carol or Jen, as a possible alternative to MJ those are fighting words on the Spidey Forum you'll be flamed into ashes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Carol and Peter had already tried dating and found out they had no romantic chemistry between them before KSD's run on the title, so it really wouldn't have made much sense for her to go there again. They are friends, but won't be a couple.
    I do miss their friendship though, would love to see them interacting more.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    The fact that Carol didn’t beat Vox Supreme just with her power alone could end up leaving him both as a powerhouse villain and a master mind given the whole supreme intelligence thing. So the ending didn’t damage the credibility of Vox being a threat to Carol in my opinion but I agree he could of done more. Carol’s biggest threat in that arc seemed to be time and her fellow avengers which was cool. If the arc was stretched out maybe we could of gotten more out of Vox
    I dunno, he just didn't feel like a compelling or powerful threat to me in that arc and the final fight just didn't feel all that memorable (or sensible).

That whole arc just felt like it could've been spent on something more meaningful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nah, no one would dare. If you push Gwen or Felicia, much less Carol or Jen, as a possible alternative to MJ those are fighting words on the Spidey Forum you'll be flamed into ashes.
    Gwen(616) is dead. Felicia and Peter's relationship originally ended badly. It would be nice to see new relationships not limited to Spider-Man only characters. I'll limit this conversation to super heroines who have a normal day job.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I do miss their friendship though, would love to see them interacting more.
    Same here. It's a real shame that KSD never bothered to develop Carol and Peter's friendship. This might had brought the ASM readers to the Captain Marvel series is Peter appeared as often as he did during Brian Reed's run on Ms. Marvel(vol.2). Their friendship was never developed as it should had because the CM series would had gotten a lot of unique readers who could have increased the series sales volume. I would have love to have seen Peter Parker as part of the Carol Corps using his scientific talents to help Danvers out alongside Jessica Drew and Alpha Flight...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-30-2020 at 01:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    On the contrary. Carol and Rhodey have a lot more in common, with them both being pilots (a shared love for them to bond over) and them both being ex-military. They are also both close friends of Tony Stark, which is undoubtedly what led to them spending the time together to get involved in the first place. Carol and Peter, on the other hand, have such very different background and personalities that when they did try to date it felt very awkward and they decided to just be friends.
    Carol and Peter had one date. The reason why it was awkward was because they were not being themselves as they were trying too hard to impress the other. They bonded over junk food, which is Carol's personal favorite. While I do not expect Carol and Peter to be a romantic couple, I could see them as close friends, along with Jessica Drew. What would be cool to see is Captain Marvel, Jessica Drew, and Peter Parker working together in a story arc. Let see their combined talents to the test.

As for Carol and Rhodey, if they have so much in common, why did they breakup instead of working things out like Peter and MJ?