Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    That could be a good video, I won't know because that title makes it seem as if there IS some kind of problem with Captain Marvel, the character or the movie.
    And I can imagine that if Brie Larson isn't the problem, then 'SJW politics' or 'shill critics' or something similar is the problem.

Maybe I'm misjudging the video, but given that after the movie grossed over a BILLION dollars, I'm still seeing posts on here that Disney/Marvel 'screwed up' with the Captain Marvel movie, I feel disinclined to give it the benefit of the doubt.
    The guy talks about how people can’t voice honest complaints about the movie, because of people who decide to hate it for their own personal reasons. He goes on to call a lot of the negative critiques on the movie sexist and not honest. I personally don’t think it was a bad movie but it could of been better. As far as origin films go in the MCU its definitely not the worse.

Oh he even bring the Monica Rambeau topic up and say people use her as an excuse to hate Carol rather than actually even care about Monica as a character.

Nonetheless. Excited to see what the next screen writer and director does

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    That could be a good video, I won't know because that title makes it seem as if there IS some kind of problem with Captain Marvel, the character or the movie.
    And I can imagine that if Brie Larson isn't the problem, then 'SJW politics' or 'shill critics' or something similar is the problem.

Maybe I'm misjudging the video, but given that after the movie grossed over a BILLION dollars, I'm still seeing posts on here that Disney/Marvel 'screwed up' with the Captain Marvel movie, I feel disinclined to give it the benefit of the doubt.
    I'll need to watch this one. Because while I didn't like Captain Marvel in her movie too much (when I should have been cheering in my seat at the end, when she laser-knock that idiot yelling at her to prove herself) for plenty of reasons (all of whom rest with the writers and directors, I suspect) I agree with the video a French You Tuber made recently :

While the actions of the movie aren't feminist like Wonder Woman was (where the gender of Diana was central to the story and its development, unlike Captain Marvel), the very fact that Captain Marvel the movie exist made it a Feminist Movie. And that it did so well, and that Alita did also relatively well, and that Wonder Woman did well enough that I'm extremely eager to see WW84 is a major win. Because it proves that women don't need to all be the same in the medias. Movies can portray a wide range of personalities for women and do well at the box-office.

And just thanks to that, I love the Captain Marvel movie.

BANNED

Read "The End"

Spoilers:

spoilers:
    whelp that was just boring. Carol was offworld, came back, had a reunion, fought some aliens, and sacrificed herself. There's nothing to the characterization, or seeing the end of carol's character in some interesting direction, there's nothing interesting or new about her powers except for her being made of energy now, it doesn't explain much as to what happened with carol or why we ended up here. All in all, there's only the reference to her saving the sun from operation galactic storm that I liked

Though the weirdest part was rhodey naming his kid carol even though it wasn't with carol. Goddamn carol ntr'ed that poor lady
    Also, carolxjess. Solid queer bait. I almost feel they went through with it before carol left... almost
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-29-2020 at 08:34 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The End was passable.

- good art
    - simple one-shot plot
    - cameos (lot of mutant characters)
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Read "The End"

Spoilers:

spoilers:
    whelp that was just boring. Carol was offworld, came back, had a reunion, fought some aliens, and sacrificed herself. There's nothing to the characterization, or seeing the end of carol's character in some interesting direction, there's nothing interesting or new about her powers except for her being made of energy now, it doesn't explain much as to what happened with carol or why we ended up here. All in all, there's only the reference to her saving the sun from operation galactic storm that I liked

Though the weirdest part was rhodey naming his kid carol even though it wasn't with carol. Goddamn carol ntr'ed that poor lady
    Also, carolxjess. Solid queer bait. I almost feel they went through with it before carol left... almost
    end of spoilers
    That sounds disappointing. I was hoping something Old King Thor or Cosmic Ghost Rider direction

I loved it and was not disappointed.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

...you know last week they had Rogue say she doesn't want kids and not a week later here she does so what was the point of that talk in X Calibur? Yes, I am aware this is not an X-men book but frankly, that was the only thing that piqued my interest in this one-shot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...you know last week they had Rogue say she doesn't want kids and not a week later here she does so what was the point of that talk in X Calibur? Yes, I am aware this is not an X-men book but frankly, that was the only thing that piqued my interest in this one-shot.
    repopulate the planet

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Obviously had Mr and Mrs X continued Rogue's story would've gone in a different direction than what's happening in Excalibur.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel: The End was amazing (the creative team all shine) and in my opinion is probably the issue you could give to someone and be like "this is Carol Danvers". Though they would miss out on the connections etc, it was so perfectly a summary of her:

Selfless, heroic, leader, loyal friend who is bad at jokes.

I would love to see more of the motley crew of survivors!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The End was passable.

- good art
    - simple one-shot plot
    - cameos (lot of mutant characters)
    I know Thompson has a lot on her plate but I'm surprised she's not currently writing an X-title.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

spoilers:
    Yep, the end was kinda rushed, i wish i had seen more of what Carol was doing all those years, and she didn't have to kill herself at the end, i was hoping she would help repopulate the planet.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also, of all the people close to Carol why Kamala wasn't in the story? they're forgetting she's a huge Captain Marvel fan?
    end of spoilers

EPjoWiYUYAIRfVR.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    spoilers:
    Also, of all the people close to Carol why Kamala wasn't in the story? they're forgetting she's a huge Captain Marvel fan?
    end of spoilers
    look, kamala has been replaced by another young minority girl- Hazmat
    The same way kamala replaced anya corazon