Page 25 of 108 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    True, not many options remain, though I did like all of those. Maybe a new one can be created.
    Like what type of supporting cast?
    Ideas?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just finished the first arc, and about to start reading the WotR tie-ins. I’m liking it so far. I like how Kelly writes Carol, and Jessica. Maybe use some some background characters, like Michael Rossi, and other former agents, to help develop whatever becomes the next SHIELD.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just finished the first arc, and about to start reading the WotR tie-ins. I’m liking it so far. I like how Kelly writes Carol, and Jessica. Maybe use some some background characters, like Michael Rossi, and other former agents, to help develop whatever becomes the next SHIELD.
    michael rossi was retconned as being kinda bad

but the operation lightning storm team may be used

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    michael rossi was retconned as being kinda bad

but the operation lightning storm team may be used
    I thought that was due to Ultron’s influence?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I thought that was due to Ultron’s influence?
    Nah. In reed's run he was said to have taken carol under his wing to groom her and plant her as a mole in air-force intelligence. He also seemed to have helped fund the terrorist ghazi rashid for project ascension

He also died in that run.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, I hated that retcon. I mean, at the time I didn't, but that was the first Ms. Marvel run I read so I didn't know the backstory. Other than that, I actually liked that story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Like what type of supporting cast?
    Ideas?
    What if her brother becomes the new Protector? Inspiration could of been the death of his adopted mother who he lived with.

You could possibly turn Star into an Anti-Hero the way things are going maybe end up being a Thor/Loki, Hercules/Ares, Blackagar/Maximus type thing without them ofcourse actually being siblings.

Maybe Carol has relatives that are Kree from her moms side? Cousins, Nephews, Nieces?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    What if her brother becomes the new Protector? Inspiration could of been the death of his adopted mother who he lived with.

You could possibly turn Star into an Anti-Hero the way things are going maybe end up being a Thor/Loki, Hercules/Ares, Blackagar/Maximus type thing without them ofcourse actually being siblings.

Maybe Carol has relatives that are Kree from her moms side? Cousins, Nephews, Nieces?
    how about we just retcon that retcon
    lol jk....unless

BANNED

but it is true that her younger brother isn't fleshed out or have any character whatsoever

BANNED

He’s hardly appeared there’s a lot that could be done with him he doesn’t even have to be a powered character though. He could simply be someone that reminds Carol she’s not just Kree but she has family that’s earth based.

I’d personally be upset if they undid the mother is a Kree retcon.

All-New Member

if only they hadn't killed her mother, three seconds later after the reveal... wish they explored those flashbacks more, I'm always up for more Kree stuff/lore.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    He’s hardly appeared there’s a lot that could be done with him he doesn’t even have to be a powered character though. He could simply be someone that reminds Carol she’s not just Kree but she has family that’s earth based.

I’d personally be upset if they undid the mother is a Kree retcon.
    I agree with all this. Emphasize that there is a human family but recognize they could explore even more family with her on the Kree side.

How about a space road trip story with her brother where she meets her mother's family in space?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donkey View Post
    if only they hadn't killed her mother, three seconds later after the reveal... wish they explored those flashbacks more, I'm always up for more Kree stuff/lore.
    That’s what I love about the retcon I’d argue it gives her more of a plausible connection to the Kree and why that should be a part of her mythos Post-“Mar-Vell”

Carol could arguably be used as a way to explore what a Kree is or who they are while retaining a lot of her human merits of being a air force pilot, part of special forces and whatnot. It’s a best of both worlds scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I agree with all this. Emphasize that there is a human family but recognize they could explore even more family with her on the Kree side.

How about a space road trip story with her brother where she meets her mother's family in space?
    I’m definitely down for that “The Life of Captain Marvel Part 2” miniseries.

I kind of doubt it will stick because of the movies and media pushing the emphasis on the Kree Experimentation angle, but "Car-Ell" still sounds dumb .

BANNED

That’s the one thing I could get behind on not being fond of with the retcon that god awful Kree name lol. If anything they should of just went with Veerse or whatever Yon-Rogg was calling her in the movie. Or given the fact she grew up on Earth and was born on Earth her having an Earthling name and just that.

I don’t see why the movie would take away the retcon though. That’s like suggesting Jane will become Valkyrie instead of Thor and be the last of the valkyries which she’s already been stated as being Thor in Love and Thunder or that the asgardians will become more advanced science than magic in the comics. Or they’ll change the function of the infinity gauntlet to mimic how it operates in the movies.

There different mediums there’s no reason why they have to be completely identical. Movies,Games, Cartoons and whatever else often take there own liberties.