Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    BANNED

symbiote makes everything better

oh your character's getting stale lets just sprinkle a little symbiote on them
    you need some conflict but can't think of anything, just splash some symbiote
    you want heroes fighting heroes but dont want to character assassinate them? Symbiote
    you just want to look cool? Symbiote
    Want a powerboost? Symbiote

Fantastic Member

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-c...ver-andy-park/

Captain Marvel Concept art by Andy Park.
    Last edited by Distraction; 04-24-2020 at 03:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    I always imagined speed would be a bigger stat for Carol than Strength atleast it seemed that way as Warbird

Cool to see her popping up more and more

BANNED

Have Carol and Vulcan ever come across each other

https://m.imgur.com/9L29hm0

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/9sVIHPk

Be cool to see her interact with other energy manipulators/absorbers especially one who is more cosmic

BANNED

vulcan's on a different level in terms of his energy stuff

carol absorbing electricity is somewhat of a basic move just applied to higher level, but vulcan reigniting nerves is something else. He also had a "switch off" electricity move, that he can do at a distance, which would logically involve manipulating millions of small fields with extreme precision.

BANNED

Which would make the encounter all the more better heroes are often meeting foes who are more powerful or have the same abilities at another level/tier. It’s a common theme in fiction to push the protagonist and help them become better/Push through/harder.

I don’t think Carol is far that she wouldn’t be able to contend especially if Binary came in play who has had statements from Quasar suggesting her to be the better energy absorber. Or showings where she temporarily was able to forcefully absorb The Phoenix Force.

I do agree characters like Quasar and Vulcan are overall more powerful and definitely more versatile with their abilities. But given Carol’s powerset I could definitely see her engaging either in a tug of war when it comes to energy absorption.

BANNED

Yeah, she excels in one field as binary, plus supposedly has control over the electromagnetic spectrum and gravity so there's something (though we rarely get to see it)

I feel like in the brood saga we got a glimpse when she manipulated the acanti soul and later during operation galactic storm, and in the x0men unlimited book where she randomly projected antigravity.

and then phoenix.

She could be used more often

BANNED

I’d argue both her energy absorption and projection are top tier. If you look at showings like destroying the Brood homeworld, I think her energy projection was compared to ships which could destroy cities, recent showings like knocking out Thor and destroying the ruins of New Artctilan.

I’d say her physicals are pretty up in the air, because she seems all over the place in that regard. But to be fair the very nature of her abilities allow her to be inconsistent somewhat.

But in Busiek’s Avengers he had Captain America suggest somewhat that Binary was at a level where she could help Thor contend with Hyperion and Zarda something he suggested her baseline powers weren’t

BANNED

well, I'd say she destroyed Madrizar.

Broodworld was destroyed by her freeing the acanti soul which has its own issues

BANNED

The retcon says she’s destroyed the planet which the original instant being pretty hard to interpret. Cause the original instance seems like she destroyed the planet and freed a suffering space fish while she was at it.

The retcon if it’s even that states her power did more than just killed the queen it destroyed their homeworld and this is her unleashing all of her power based off Narration. Which makes sense that her Binary form can do things like knock out Thor

BANNED

eh, might've been a different queen who the f knows.

It was more "destroyed the world she was on", and the art basically showed madrizar exploding based on the planets we saw her looking at

BANNED

I don’t know the names for all these planets but the reinterpretation suggest she destroyed the planet the Brood Queen was on. And then the whole arc with Cru and Carol getting their powers amped I think mentions the fact of Carol destroying their homeworld. With the Queen calling Cru and Carol two of the Broods worst enemies.

It also had to be the same queen, because when Carol dished out all her energy she crystallized the Queen. When she reappears in the 2006+ Ms Marvel title we see the Queen in a crystallized form possibly adapting after her defeat by Binary.

BANNED

This is the instance of the retelling
    https://m.imgur.com/a/J34qz
    We see the Brood Queen changing colors as far as I’m aware she’s the only Brood to appear in that grey/crystal type color and we also see a smaller brood Queen I believe during secret invasion or it might have been before

But when we see her return this is how she looks
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Xz9qfd1

Which paints the idea it’s the same Queen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I don’t know the names for all these planets but the reinterpretation suggest she destroyed the planet the Brood Queen was on. And then the whole arc with Cru and Carol getting their powers amped I think mentions the fact of Carol destroying their homeworld. With the Queen calling Cru and Carol two of the Broods worst enemies.

It also had to be the same queen, because when Carol dished out all her energy she crystallized the Queen. When she reappears in the 2006+ Ms Marvel title we see the Queen in a crystallized form possibly adapting after her defeat by Binary.
    In the Uncanny original, it was the acanti soul that crystalized the queen on broodworld.

In the Ms. marvel series, it was carol's beam. Plus in the uncanny series she didn't quite destroy all the brood on broodworld, she did that on madrizar.

The Ms. Marvel series, if you read the panel before the flashback in that imgur album, you realize that she was standing on a brood outpost named madrizar. If you pay attention to the art, binary is looking at planets. Later when we see the planet she's on explode we see the planets she was looking up on surround the destroyed planet, implying that (atleast in the art) the planet blown up was madrizar.

BANNED

lol reading that arc again I realized carol died twice in brian reed's run.