Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I honestly assumed she cause it to destabilize and it blew up later due to the fact it was destabilized. I’m assuming Madrizar was the Brood homeworld because that’s what is said she destroyed.

The retelling doesn’t state she wiped all the Brood it states she nearly wiped them out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    lol reading that arc again I realized carol died twice in brian reed's run.
    Off the top of my head I only remember her dying when she lost control of her powers and started unwillingly absorbing right before Dark Reign/War of the Marvels.

I’m guessing the second time was with Cru? It’s kind of cool in a way if so symbolism wise. Because she died and was reborn into a being consumed in fire something kind of like a Phoenix

Meh. I want them to bring someone that can build some excitement for the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Meh. I want them to bring someone that can build some excitement for the movie.
    I wish I knew enough about directors to know if this is a good or a bad decision lol
    who's your dream pick?

On the one hand Marvel Movies have a “Direct by Numbers” quality to them as a by-product if being part of a highly interconnected continuity framework helmed by Kevin Feige. So it would almost make it “director-proof” and the choice for that role only of medium importance.
    However, Captain Marvel 2 is in a crucial position of being the lynchpin in launching the next phase of MCU movies, so there a lot of attention being paid to it. I’m almost surprised Marvel hasn’t reached out to The Russo Brothers for one last favor or offered to bring Jon Favreau back into the behind the camera , since he hasn’t held a grudge for losing the directing chair in the franchise. They’d be safe choices to crank out the next installment of a billion dollar movie series.

But assuming Marvel wants to continue with Women directing Women, my picks would be:
    Kathryn Bigelow (“Zero Dark Thirty”, “Hurt Locker”, “Strange Days”)
    Karyn Kusama (“Girl Fight”, “Aeon Flux”)
    Jennifer Lee (“Frozen”)

In particular, Lee, being a major player in the Disney cinematic creative machine, could sweep in and save the day.

Dark horse controversial pick... Brie Larson directs under the firm guidance of a more seasoned director.

Personally I believe TV directors are far better choice for this kind of project. The way Marvels movies a produced (by the number) and the genre concerns (like continuity) are alot closer to an TV show. Especially movies like the Avengers that have an ensemble cast

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I honestly think the Women director only thing is a bad idea. They should give to the best person who has a passion about Carol Danvers, Space and can bring out the best in Brie.
    The Directors of Captain Marvel had none of these.

Agreed, it should be the best person for the job regardless of gender. Hiring someone just because they're female is illegal (sex discrimination doesn't just affect ladies!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

… And you think there's a better director available than Michelle MacLaren?
    I mean if David Fincher throws his hat in the ring then sure but MacLaren's a phenomenal talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirone View Post
    … And you think there's a better director available than Michelle MacLaren?
    I mean if David Fincher throws his hat in the ring then sure but MacLaren's a phenomenal talent.
    Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese are great directors but there dont do female lead movies
    You need people who have passion for the project instead of people who want a quick paycheck.
    I think Ridley Scott is a great choice. He has made beautiful space movies.

Also Destin Crettin, the Director of Shang Chi, He brings out the best in Brie and his movies are incredibly beautiful.

Edgar Wright. He is very visual directing will really work with this movie. Maybe get Brie to sing again

The director of Kung Fu panda 2 and 3 Jennifer Yuh Nelson is the best female director I can think about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese are great directors but there dont do female lead movies
    You need people who have passion for the project instead of people who want a quick paycheck.
    I think Ridley Scott is a great choice. He has made beautiful space movies.
    Neither would be very open to Marvel for various reasons and both don't really do space operas. Nolan's not a comic book fan, he's a Batman fan - his brother, Jonathan, is another story. Nolan had his stories to tell with Batman and he left the scene. He's a director who wants absolute control over production and has the sway to get it, which wouldn't suit Marvel as they like their directors to be more pliable. Ridley Scott's tainted his brand with the latest Alien movies.

Also Destin Crettin, the Director of Shang Chi, He brings out the best in Brie and his movies are incredibly beautiful.
    Haven't seen his work but I'm interested about what he can do.

Edgar Wright. He is very visual directing will really work with this movie. Maybe get Brie to sing again
    Wright has a bad history with the MCU, and is notoriously slow with his projects. Ant-man was originally meant to be in Phase 1. A big reason why this didn't work out is because he likes to control everything on his movies and is against crossovers. IIRC his last straw before walking away was Marvel wanting the Falcon to guest star in Ant-man. I loved that scene. Wrights not that great at writing female characters, either.

The director of Kung Fu panda 2 and 3 Jennifer Yuh Nelson is the best female director I can think about.
    I liked Kung Fu Panda 2. I'd be intrigued to see what she can do in Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Neither would be very open to Marvel for various reasons and both don't really do space operas. Nolan's not a comic book fan, he's a Batman fan - his brother, Jonathan, is another story. Nolan had his stories to tell with Batman and he left the scene. He's a director who wants absolute control over production and has the sway to get it, which wouldn't suit Marvel as they like their directors to be more pliable. Ridley Scott's tainted his brand with the latest Alien movies.

Haven't seen his work but I'm interested about what he can do.

Ridley also made Martian. Aliens main problem was Ridley Scott vision to tell any

Wright has a bad history with the MCU, and is notoriously slow with his projects. Ant-man was originally meant to be in Phase 1. A big reason why this didn't work out is because he likes to control everything on his movies and is against crossovers. IIRC his last straw before walking away was Marvel wanting the Falcon to guest star in Ant-man. I loved that scene. Wrights not that great at writing female characters, either.

I liked Kung Fu Panda 2. I'd be intrigued to see what she can do in Marvel.

Ridley also made Martian. If he gets a good script, he will make great beautiful looking movie

Destin first movie Short Term 12 cast Brie who at that point played minor roles in TV and movies as a lead actress boosted their career putting both of them in Marvel's radar. He is very good with Drama but will have to wait for Shang Chi to see if he is equally good with action. I think he will be a good choice considering their history.

You are right about Edgar Wright.

I just hope Marvel find the right director
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 05-14-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I honestly think the Women director only thing is a bad idea. They should give to the best person who has a passion about Carol Danvers, Space and can bring out the best in Brie.
    The Directors of Captain Marvel had none of these.
    It seems that Marvel want female writers to write the female lead titles. Many of them(working for Marvel in recent years) never bother to think outside the box when it comes to story telling as a way to bring in the readers instead of relying on book cover variants. Carol Danvers has a lot of potential to be great series. Marvel should bring back Brian Reed to write the series once again...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I like Brian Reed's run. I'm not sure it was any more out of the box than Kelly Sue DeConnick or even Kelly Thompson's runs.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?