Page 34 of 108 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Same reason Kamala Khan was given the Ms. Marvel name a couple of years later. The nature of her powers means that Ms. Fantastic would've been the obvious name (she stretches, like Reed Richards) - her fangirling Carol was written in to explain why she chose to be called Ms. Marvel, but the real life reason is just to maintain the trademark.
    I like Ms Fantastic for Kamala, as I have often thought her powers showed as more like Mr Fantastic's than Ms Marvel's. That would also leave the "Ms Marvel" name available for Carol......

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Who is Carol's arch nemesis?
    It’s Yon Rogg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Who is Carol's arch nemesis?
    Dr. Minerva

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't really think Carol has a specific arch enemy. Yon-Rogg is as good a choice as any - as would Mystique (I don't think I'd pick Min-Erva, but I'd love her to get a bigger role). But she's definitely a Marvel character who has always benefited from being in a shared universe and fought the variety that that universe has to offer.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't really think Carol has a specific arch enemy. Yon-Rogg is as good a choice as any - as would Mystique (I don't think I'd pick Min-Erva, but I'd love her to get a bigger role). But she's definitely a Marvel character who has always benefited from being in a shared universe and fought the variety that that universe has to offer.
    I loved it when her primary opponents were A.I.M scientists. I loved her trying to mentor Gavin, even though the kid only wanted vengeance.

Also, let's never forget Marcus/Immortus. He is definetly arch-nemesis material.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Moonstone should have been Carol's Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Most popular villianess in her rogues Gallery were Mystique, Moonstone, and Deathbird.
    Deathbird? Has she even fought her since the early days back in the 70s? To me an arch nemesis is one that is alot more recurring

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Deathbird? Has she even fought her since the early days back in the 70s? To me an arch nemesis is one that is alot more recurring
    yon rogg made a "newbird" after deathbird to send after carol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And it seems to change with each creative team. Under Claremont, it was Mystique (who was effectively the final boss if she was in a video game, considering Carol actually lost to her), and under Reed, it was Moonstone (who even impersonated her). Under Thompson, maybe Star?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

On the topic of looking for directors for CAPTAIN MARVEL sequels...
    The more I'm reading about the most recent CHARLIES ANGELS reboot movie (a better than you would think movie that never got its due) , I'd move Elizabeth Banks up on the list. Sounds like Banks has the combination of feminism/girl power and action movie down. That dynamic is a requirement for Carol Danvers flicks.

And Elizabeth Banks would make a damn good Karla Sofen. Or Grace Valentine. Being a director and antagonist on that Moonstone as evil psychiatrist level might be too much of a double booking to pull off. Further, you could use Moonstone as the character device to level down Carols powerhouse status instead of Rogue...but that's a different post...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-29-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On the topic of looking for directors for CAPTAIN MARVEL sequels...
    The more I'm reading about the most recent CHARLIES ANGELS reboot movie (a better than you would think movie that never got its due) , I'd move Elizabeth Banks up on the list. Sounds like Banks has the combination of feminism/girl power and action movie down. That dynamic is a requirement for Carol Danvers flicks.

And Elizabeth Banks would make a damn good Karla Sofen. Or Grace Valentine. Being a director and antagonist on that Moonstone as evil psychiatrist level might be too much of a double booking to pull off. Further, you could use Moonstone as the character device to level down Carols powerhouse status instead of Rogue...but that's a different post...
    Elizabeth banks is a really bad action director and Charlie's Angels 2019 is considered worse than Captain Marvel. She is better doing Musicals

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Moonstone should have been Carol's Cheetah
    I'm really surprised writers kind of skipped over the possibility of Moonstone as a big Carol rival when most fans seemed to think it was a great idea.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Most popular villianess in her rogues Gallery were Mystique, Moonstone, and Deathbird.
    Yet the one antagonist that's been most recurrent has been Rogue. Carol's books have suffered from multiple overwhelming crossover events that have bogged down any attempt at long term storytelling that could feature a cillian enough to be an arch nemesis. Not to mention the constant stops and starts in series and directions.
    I would love for them to bring in Moonstone as a recording character/ villain. Another I think would work well would be the Black Swan. Regardless of who it is, she needs some kind of recurring villain, if only Marvel would understand that.

As her big rivals, I liked Moonstone (empowered with both stones) as her main nemesis (her Lex Luther so to speak), Dr Minerva as her "Brainiac", Mahkizmo the Nuclear Man, as the joke villain that's a serious threat, and maybe the Kree leadership after Empyre is all settled. I doubt Hulkling will continue to be the ruler of the Kree and Skrull empires after that story-line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    As her big rivals, I liked Moonstone (empowered with both stones) as her main nemesis (her Lex Luther so to speak), Dr Minerva as her "Brainiac", Mahkizmo the Nuclear Man, as the joke villain that's a serious threat, and maybe the Kree leadership after Empyre is all settled. I doubt Hulkling will continue to be the ruler of the Kree and Skrull empires after that story-line.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sean_Madigan_(Earth-616)

Head Case. Head Case is her braniac if by braniac you mean smart person. Alternatively she also has the brood queen in terms of assimilation.

Also, star is apparantly closer to her lex luthor, since she has the motivation of "You super people make humanity too weak"

I don't like these comparisons anyway.