Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Who would you think classifies as Carol’s rogues? Established characters who aren’t, but you think would make excellent additions?
    Doomsday man
    That brood queen
    Mystique
    Deathbird
    Minnerva
    Star

These are characters she's fought more than once across various series.

Headcase/Sean maddigan: represents aim as an organisation thato carol has fought more than once but has potential
    Warren traveler: like fought carol only twice but has potential
    Ghazi Rashid: terorrist from Carol's spy days.

The deconnick series and later on introduced some evil women scientists but they seem redundant to headcase or minnerva.

If I were to add a fem villain it'd be superia. Femsupremacy vs inclusive feminism?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Who would you think classifies as Carol’s rogues? Established characters who aren’t, but you think would make excellent additions?
    Aside from all those which have already been listed, I would love to see the Black Swan become a recurrent threat for Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    The carol kills avengers plot had just got over though, like right before the lockdown. We haven't got a new book in months.
    Really? Man this lock down has completely ruined my sense of time.

Okay, well the one issue or two that I grabbed around that time seemed okay. Not amazing, but decent. Do I need to catch up with this current volume? I was a hardcore supporter of the book for years and am still a hardcore Carol fan but the run with the "Carol's a tv show! Look at the cute blue alien kid Bean!" finally made me drop the title. It's improved since then right? I really miss keeping up with Carol and posting here....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I don't know understand why they don't use Moonstone as Carol's main villain, i mean she's the perfect choice for that role.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 07-04-2020 at 06:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Aside from all those which have already been listed, I would love to see the Black Swan become a recurrent threat for Carol.
    I don’t see in what way Black Swan would challenge Carol. It would have to be with other baddies or something given Carol’s treatment of Black Swan and Black Dwarf in the Star book

88200D70-6898-487D-A82D-17AB4E02B212.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I don't know understand why they don't use Moonstone as Carol's main villain, i mean she's the perfect choice for that role.
    Unless they give Karla another Moonstone or have her come at Carol another way i don’t see how she’d challenge Carol. Carol kinda easily handled her the last two times Karla has appeared in a Carol centric comic. Once in the Brian Reed run with Carol regaining both her halves and like 2-3 shotting Karla and taking the Moonstone and then by Thompson herself in the Life Of Captain Marvel book easliy handling Karla. If Moonstone came back she’d need a amp. Especially since Carol can apparently go Binary for short periods of time without any notable energy absorption under Thompson. Karla really isn’t a plotter either. She needs a amp to be a legit threat to current Carol
    911A433F-1CCC-4BC1-A72D-E551CA333583.jpg
    DA13AA12-4CDF-4D84-984E-D9090DEADEF0.jpg

The idea of Moonstone and Star interacting sounds like something that should happen though.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 07-04-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Unless they give Karla another Moonstone or have her come at Carol another way i don’t see how she’d challenge Carol. Carol kinda easily handled her the last two times Karla has appeared in a Carol centric comic. Once in the Brian Reed run with Carol regaining both her halves and like 2-3 shotting Karla and taking the Moonstone and then by Thompson herself in the Life Of Captain Marvel book easliy handling Karla. If Moonstone came back she’d need a amp. Especially since Carol can apparently go Binary for short periods of time without any notable energy absorption under Thompson. Karla really isn’t a plotter either. She needs a amp to be a legit threat to current Carol
    911A433F-1CCC-4BC1-A72D-E551CA333583.jpg
    DA13AA12-4CDF-4D84-984E-D9090DEADEF0.jpg

The idea of Moonstone and Star interacting sounds like something that should happen though.
    In Reeds Run I believe Moonstone was also being assailed Psychically and Carol was getting help from a reality warping clone of ScarletWitch which was created by AIM.

Writers rarely even use Moonstones plethora of abilities. Mainly her Phasing-Ability. Something she used to bully Rogue (Acquired Ares strength) and the Xmen. Her Phasing is extremely powerful she can hit others without being hit herself, at the same moment.

She has every potential to be written as powerful, she first appeared fighting the Hulk, that says a lot. She has held her own against many powerful heroes Spectrum,Vision & even Hyperion

Here is Karlas respect thread
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...en_marvel_616/
    Last edited by la.forsaken; 07-05-2020 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Really? Man this lock down has completely ruined my sense of time.

Okay, well the one issue or two that I grabbed around that time seemed okay. Not amazing, but decent. Do I need to catch up with this current volume? I was a hardcore supporter of the book for years and am still a hardcore Carol fan but the run with the "Carol's a tv show! Look at the cute blue alien kid Bean!" finally made me drop the title. It's improved since then right? I really miss keeping up with Carol and posting here....
    I think the current run(though I'm also behind on it) is definetely better than the previous one. Kelly Thompson is just a better writer than Stohl(though I really liked TLOCM that she did). And the art is also much better.

BANNED

I don’t remember the psyche thing to ever have been stated to having had physically weakened Karla in the Reed run. Whereas Carol was stated to be weakened. We see a weakened form of her giving Karla and the rest of the Dark Avengers minus Sentry/Ares a lot of problems. Then later a non complete halved Carol was shown on pretty even ground with Karla.

The only thing those reality warper babies we’re stated as doing was bringing Carol back and eventually by the end of the arc helping her restore in whole. When she got whole is when she beat Karla.

Even disregarding that instance again she was easily handled by a base Carol in the life of Captain Marvel it would be contradictory if Karla somehow gave Carol a fight after a scene las such
    8B05ED3D-588E-43B2-8147-E0CC3CCCFB90.jpg

On top of the fact Carol currently has been going Binary without energy absorption and a lot of Karla’s versatility. Binary and honestly Carol has as well it’s just not touched as often with Carol. Carol can alter mass, density, gravity and energy across the spectrum.

I don’t see Karla giving Carol any issues without a amp. Which I’d love to see myself. It shouldn’t be hard to give Karla an additional Moonstone or 2.
    E115D372-5EDD-4DAD-97F6-AD074DCBB66B.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the current run(though I'm also behind on it) is definetely better than the previous one. Kelly Thompson is just a better writer than Stohl(though I really liked TLOCM that she did). And the art is also much better.
    Definitely way better. Only thing I remember liking from Stohl was The Life of Captain Marvel.

Even disregarding that instance again she was easily handled by a base Carol in the life of Captain Marvel it would be contradictory if Karla somehow gave Carol a fight after a scene las such
    8B05ED3D-588E-43B2-8147-E0CC3CCCFB90.jpg
    Can also be written as Karla knowing to play possum. Which she has done previously at times to avoid a fight.

Like in a defenders comic inexplicably Karla gets one-shot by Daredevil throwing a baton. Just earlier she was in a no sell slug fest with Jessica Jones.

Also I think there was an issue where Blackwidow threatened Moonstone. That if she ever killed or seriously hurt an Avenger. They would have her killed.
    So you could write Karla is often holding back.

But in truth wont complain that much that Karla is often written weaker, cause as a consequence she gets more appearances.

I don’t see Karla giving Carol any issues without a amp. Which I’d love to see myself. It shouldn’t be hard to give Karla an additional Moonstone or 2.
    E115D372-5EDD-4DAD-97F6-AD074DCBB66B.jpg
    Yeah cant see Karla truly matching Carol blow for blow. But she makes up for it in cunning and guile.

Yeah I'd also like to see Moonstone get amp'd & get more powers. Getting back her second Moonstone which is probably just out there somewhere.
    Or getting the other tree life stones. the 616 Prismstone is out there, Godstone is within reach Manwolf in Ravencroft & other stones Alpha stone or even Kha stone.
    Could be great if they make a Moonstone Solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    No idea why people think that. They've got no intersecting philosophies of life, no longstanding grudges no real reason to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    No idea why people think that. They've got no intersecting philosophies of life, no longstanding grudges no real reason to fight.
    I think their entire dynamic in Dark Reign is enough to fuel a grudge, and they're such different personalities and women that that's enough to make a compelling contrast.

I remember people were so convinced Moonstone would become Carol's definitive new rival in both media and in the comics...only for that to not happen.

Yeah, Moonstone has impersonated Carol at least twice (during Dark Reign, people actually thought Karla was the real Ms. Marvel and Carol an imposter in an outdated costume) and worn three of her costumes. That's enough reason for a grudge.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think their entire dynamic in Dark Reign is enough to fuel a grudge, and they're such different personalities and women that that's enough to make a compelling contrast.

I remember people were so convinced Moonstone would become Carol's definitive new rival in both media and in the comics...only for that to not happen.
    I mean their conflict also was resolved for the most part in Dark Reign also. The fact it’s the only arc where they had any meaningful interaction and most of it was Carol not being all there, says a lot.

You guys act like Karla was the mastermind of the whole event or she had some major involvement outside being Osborns lackey. I wouldn’t mind if Karla was made into a threat to Carol but what we’ve gotten so far between the two as it stands now Karla isn’t a threat in the sense some of you guys are trying to paint her into.

She’s not a mastermind villain. She doesn’t really have the power as it stands to face Carol whose way stronger than she was in Dark Reign and definitely way stronger than she was throughout most of the invent.

Karla is that villain that needs to find some outside source to help her against Carol like someone suggested earlier in this thread I’d argue it would be similar to what Cheetah is to Diana. Cheetah typically needs to find some outside source of power to help her fight Diana she relies on teaming up with other characters, finding some artifact or etc. Cheetah isn’t a mastermind villain so she needs some aid. And I could say the same thing for Moonstone.

I mean their conflict also was resolved for the most part in Dark Reign also. The fact it’s the only arc where they had any meaningful interaction and most of it was Carol not being all there, says a lot.

You guys act like Karla was the mastermind of the whole event or she had some major involvement outside being Osborns lackey. I wouldn’t mind if Karla was made into a threat to Carol but what we’ve gotten so far between the two as it stands now Karla isn’t a threat in the sense some of you guys are trying to paint her into.

She’s not a mastermind villain. She doesn’t really have the power as it stands to face Carol whose way stronger than she was in Dark Reign and definitely way stronger than she was throughout most of the invent.

Karla is that villain that needs to find some outside source to help her against Carol like someone suggested earlier in this thread I’d argue it would be similar to what Cheetah is to Diana. Cheetah typically needs to find some outside source of power to help her fight Diana she relies on teaming up with other characters, finding some artifact or etc. Cheetah isn’t a mastermind villain so she needs some aid. And I could say the same thing for Moonstone.
    I mean, I think she has the makings of being a mastermind villain because she's a master manipulator who is extremely power-hungry on-top of that. She's just never been bumped up to that extent.