Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 383
  1. #46
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    958

    Default

    yes we know propaganda works thats why the military funds marvel films when it can

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Iím picturing this on flyers and posters now
    63372694-220A-49DD-A3A9-057B8941E2A0.jpg

    Auntie Carol

  3. #48
    All-New Member Sirone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Iím picturing this on flyers and posters now
    63372694-220A-49DD-A3A9-057B8941E2A0.jpg

    Auntie Carol
    It's already a thing:

    https://imgur.com/MmJmLSV

    Internally, anyway (386 is the number of squadrons the USAF wants to raise). Of course, Marvel isn't going to let them actually put Carol on ads to the public.
    Last edited by Sirone; 01-14-2020 at 11:51 AM.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,496

    Default

    Do you know that Captain Marvel has a Little Golden Book?

    Captain Marvel Little Golden Book
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1524768707...02_01_t_img_lh
    51OgwCc54IL._SX412_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

  5. #50
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Favourite Carol stories?

    Does the recent ďFallen StarĒ fit in that? Iíve just read it (not really ever read much of her) and really enjoyed it.

  6. #51
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Favourite Carol stories?

    Does the recent “Fallen Star” fit in that? I’ve just read it (not really ever read much of her) and really enjoyed it.
    the marvel superheroes 2 parter (which was supposed to be ms marvel 24 and 25)
    Marvel fanfare 24
    brood saga
    live kree or die (and whatever books the alcoholism was covered in in the iron man books)
    kang dynasty
    Puppets (from brian reed run)
    monster and marvel
    The last 4 issues of brian reed's run (47-50)
    The 2 storyteller one shots
    The enemy within by KSD

    No, i won't rank fallen star anywhere around my favorite.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirone View Post
    It's already a thing:

    https://imgur.com/MmJmLSV

    Internally, anyway (386 is the number of squadrons the USAF wants to raise). Of course, Marvel isn't going to let them actually put Carol on ads to the public.
    Think it would be cool if they did, get her more backing from military heads.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Favourite Carol stories?

    Does the recent “Fallen Star” fit in that? I’ve just read it (not really ever read much of her) and really enjoyed it.
    War of The Marvels
    The Life of Captain Marvel miniseries
    and I’m enjoying this current arc with Vox so far

  9. #54
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    War of The Marvels
    The Life of Captain Marvel miniseries
    and Iím enjoying this current arc with Vox so far
    if war of the marvels wasn't so fookin jumbled and inconsistent it would be good, personally
    it had a good premise and plot points, it showed carol's growth by contrasting it with karla's almost selfish aspirations, similar to what carol had in the start. Even carol's "greatest desire" was just to be free of the burdens of being ms marvel/carol as per the storyteller, but she still went out and took responsibility for karla. The fight scenes were good, and carol sparing karla's life so she could redeem herself on a ticking clock was interesting.
    But goddamn the mess of plotting.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    I won’t even lie a lot of it I didn’t even understand when I initially read it lol. The art was extremely gorgeous, the fight scenes were spectacular were what originally drew me into it, but seeing how far Carol is willing to go and seeing her just stop pulling punches and just get pissed was great too. I liked the contrast between Moonstone and Carol as well.

    I didn’t read any of the Dark Avengers stuff though

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,955

    Default

    Has there been any in book explanation of where Thor was left at the end of his fight with carol and Thor issue one

    Thanks

  12. #57
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    The Karla spotlight issue, the Civil War tie-ins, and the Puppet Master arc were the only Reed stories I can even remember enough to say were good.

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Has there been any in book explanation of where Thor was left at the end of his fight with carol and Thor issue one

    Thanks
    It’s explained in the most recent chapter.

    spoilers:
    He’s in a pocket dimension so Vox doesn’t know he’s alive. That’s where she sends the Avengers after beating them or atleast the 2 she beat so far
    end of spoilers

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,955

    Default

    @madfacedkid

    Many thanks

  15. #60
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I won’t even lie a lot of it I didn’t even understand when I initially read it lol. The art was extremely gorgeous, the fight scenes were spectacular were what originally drew me into it, but seeing how far Carol is willing to go and seeing her just stop pulling punches and just get pissed was great too. I liked the contrast between Moonstone and Carol as well.

    I didn’t read any of the Dark Avengers stuff though
    shit it wasn't even carol, it was carol split into her human side (catherine), and kree/military side. The latter side was just so very gung ho, just carol with no brakes.
    Not all that different from her secret invasion version, when she was alone with armies of skrulls who were killing people on the streets
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-15-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •