Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Does anyone want to see ties with Kelly’s other ongoings (Deadpool & Widow), or keep it more unto itself? With Deadpool, I’m not really interested in a crossover there, but with Widow, Thompson has a chance to explore Carol’s espionage side, which can lend itself into some good drama. Something she can’t beat with her fists/powers.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Star and Vox Supreme are both nice new additions.
    I wish Vox Supreme hadn’t been beaten so quickly...a recurring set new foes is something Carol needs.
    I honestly think if you look into it. Vox defeat wasn’t bad at all.

He took hits from a base Carol with not much of an issue
    FE925637-FAB3-46DC-B997-41BF8AF8129E.jpg

He was contending with Carol who was later amped and was basically all the Avengers in one. I’d assume Thor and She-Hulk’s clones physiology would booster Carol’s already class 100 strength and Vox was holding her back
    87F3663E-860B-47A8-859C-DE07F49BD44D.jpg

And he didn’t get taken out until Carol swung Mljonir at him which was coupled with her already amped strength (She-Hulk clone, Thor clone)
    DC7DACEA-D78C-4CD5-B073-7172B24E3965.jpg

Hell the fact Vox Supreme even survived a hit with Mljonir from Carol who was +Thor +She-Hulk is impressive as hell.

It would be nice if we got a drawn out fight with him though. I was hoping to see more of what he could do. I’m hoping that Carol interacts with the Inhuman Royals more. They both share.a really strong Kree connection. Maybe the next time she comes into interaction with Vox it could involve the Inhumans as well. Given Vox did appear in a Inhuman related comic first and now that he’s Vox Supreme maybe the Inhumans and Carol can share him as a villain.

Imagining Vox Supreme The Accuser

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Does anyone want to see ties with Kelly’s other ongoings (Deadpool & Widow), or keep it more unto itself? With Deadpool, I’m not really interested in a crossover there, but with Widow, Thompson has a chance to explore Carol’s espionage side, which can lend itself into some good drama. Something she can’t beat with her fists/powers.
    I’d rather see Carol appear in Black Widow’s book rather than visaversa. I think Widow appeared already in the War of The Realm tie in issues. But my reasoning is I feel like Widow would mean more grounded threats and want Carol’s book to focus on the call the avengers type stuff threats. Which so far in the run I think it’s been Nuclear Man, Enchantress, Vox Supreme

Who all felt like big threats I’d rather keep that formula

And Star who if she wasn’t a big threat already Ripley became one in her series.

I just bought the first 3 issues of Star. Can’t wait to see what happens there.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

Definitely feel free to share your thoughts been looking to discuss the series

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    As MadFacedKid put it, the reason karla took to the Ms. Marvel title is because she got public approval, and part of her thought she could hide behind the guise of being a hero.
    However when carol came back she set Karla straight, based on her own earlier arc and told her to stand on her own against osborn and go to her own identity. Be a hero instead of just trying to be seen as one and all that

It'd be a utter waste to have karla go full villain again. The next time we saw Karla in the Dark avengers conclusion, she was kinda pissed that someone dressed her up as Carol again.

Ultimately it just doesn't make any sense to me. Karla's not power hungry in the way that concerns carol. She manipulates teams around her to do her bidding.

Karla remaining an anti-hero and them teaming up would be interesting. Although I did have an idea based on her moonstones (based on their kree origin). That perhaps someone comes to collect the moonstones and other artifacts of the Lifestone Tree, and karla is afraid and goes to carol for help. Maybe down the road she double crosses carol to get the other moonstone. Somehing like that.

Make a big arc out of it.
    Karla being on the verge of becoming an anti-hero only to turn villain again is like her defining character trait .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Karla being on the verge of becoming an anti-hero only to turn villain again is like her defining character trait .
    which is why I had my scenario. It can balance on the two, where karla is opportunistic and selfish out of circumstance instead of full villain. For example, after getting the two moonstones, karla can try to kill whoever the real "Big Bad" looking for the Lifestone tree artifacts is, but that guy can have hostages or killing him can have some other loss of innocent life that karla's willing to accept as collateral, but Carol isn't, which is why they fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the current run(though I'm also behind on it) is definetely better than the previous one. Kelly Thompson is just a better writer than Stohl(though I really liked TLOCM that she did). And the art is also much better.
    Thompson is definitely a legit talent.

Okay, well I guess I'll have to try and catch up. Or, if the "Carol kills everyone" arc just wrapped maybe I'll jump on the next storyline.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thompson is definitely a legit talent.

Okay, well I guess I'll have to try and catch up. Or, if the "Carol kills everyone" arc just wrapped maybe I'll jump on the next storyline.
    Next issue is a one-shot with Wolvie, and then they segue into the Empyre tie-ins.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member

Next issue is a one-shot with Wolvie, and then they segue into the Empyre tie-ins.
    Not just Wolverine--there are a bunch of guest stars in it. Its a poker night issue (although poker night is surely going to be interrupted with superhero schenanigans).

BANNED

With all of the hoopla over how Ororo is now one step below a Celestial in terms of sheer unmitigated power -- would anyone like to see an all-out, no holds bar between her and Carol?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-05-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not just Wolverine--there are a bunch of guest stars in it. Its a poker night issue (although poker night is surely going to be interrupted with superhero schenanigans).
    Ahh. Just saw the cover, didn’t read the solicits.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I honestly think if you look into it. Vox defeat wasn’t bad at all.

He took hits from a base Carol with not much of an issue
    FE925637-FAB3-46DC-B997-41BF8AF8129E.jpg

He was contending with Carol who was later amped and was basically all the Avengers in one. I’d assume Thor and She-Hulk’s clones physiology would booster Carol’s already class 100 strength and Vox was holding her back
    87F3663E-860B-47A8-859C-DE07F49BD44D.jpg

And he didn’t get taken out until Carol swung Mljonir at him which was coupled with her already amped strength (She-Hulk clone, Thor clone)
    DC7DACEA-D78C-4CD5-B073-7172B24E3965.jpg

Hell the fact Vox Supreme even survived a hit with Mljonir from Carol who was +Thor +She-Hulk is impressive as hell.

It would be nice if we got a drawn out fight with him though. I was hoping to see more of what he could do. I’m hoping that Carol interacts with the Inhuman Royals more. They both share.a really strong Kree connection. Maybe the next time she comes into interaction with Vox it could involve the Inhumans as well. Given Vox did appear in a Inhuman related comic first and now that he’s Vox Supreme maybe the Inhumans and Carol can share him as a villain.

Imagining Vox Supreme The Accuser
    I agree he took his hits, but just thought he was disposed of too quickly. I was really hoping 150 would be a big Carol (with no Avengers power-handicap) vs Vox.
    I just hope he comes back in some capacity and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Yeah, new avengers 10 or so. Though Im not sure whats up with that, because carol later knocked her out easily, and the same happened in new avengers 23ish when skaar turned on them.

But superia is a smart woman and can keep experimenting on herself to keep getting better.
    Yes! I remember thinking how did Superia manage to mess up the Avengers on her own without even trying and then later get taken down so easily by Carol??

There's also the evil Warrior Woman running around who could maybe be a villain for Carol?

Oh I definitely don't want to miss poker night, even if they'll never finish the game!

Not sold on the Empyre thing. Have no interest in King Teddy attacking the world that raised him, or whatever the Event is about. But I do always enjoy the Kree, and Carol as an Accuser seems...intriguing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.