Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Poker night was cute, ended up being just escape room night because kamala's too young for gambling. Nothing serious happened.
    It is because she is Muslim. It is against their religion to be involved with any betting, lottery, or other games of chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It is because she is Muslim. It is against their religion to be involved with any betting, lottery, or other games of chance.
    im an idiot OF COURSE

I did not know that.

I mean, it would also be kind of skeevy to have a teenager involved in poker, but I now see there was a cultural aspect in play as well.

Meet Lauri-Ell, Captain Marvel's long lost sister! She debuts in issue 18.
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-h...ior-lauri-ell/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Meet Lauri-Ell, Captain Marvel's long lost sister! She debuts in issue 18.
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-h...ior-lauri-ell/
    ...I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I like them taking advantage of the new status quo to add an additional supporting cast of hopefully interesting characters. I know people don't like the retcon, but I think they should use the retcon to make interesting stories.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

SwoLauri-Ell vs Cheems Danvers

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I kind of get it from a standpoint of Carol's current origin, it makes sense, and Thompson will probably write her in a very likeable way...but I'm not convinced the current origin will stick enough to make her a viable character and "long lost half-sisters" is big cliche (not that cliche's are inherently bad).

Carol barely interacts with her brother as is.

Extraordinary Member

Really....and that's the name they went with?? Named her after a make up company??

Really....and that's the name they went with?? Named her after a make up company??
    Everyone keeps saying this here and elsewhere and I'm like... L'Oreal and Lauri-Ell don't have the same pronunciation to me . Like, at all. :x

I bet they chose a name that could easily translate to a Human name. Laurel Danvers?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of get it from a standpoint of Carol's current origin, it makes sense, and Thompson will probably write her in a very likeable way...but I'm not convinced the current origin will stick enough to make her a viable character and "long lost half-sisters" is big cliche (not that cliche's are inherently bad).

Carol barely interacts with her brother as is.
    Be nice if they found a way to use Carol’s brother it could be a cool way to kind of parallel with DC given Capt. Marvel Jr. over there. Are the nega bands being used? What about The Protector alias?

BANNED

I’m honestly glad their playing more with the retcon. Using Carol stories to show more of Hala, the culture, the technology, and history would be a really smart endless way to give Carol really intriguing stories. It honestly takes nothing away from her either. Given her powers weren’t triggered till Yon-Rogg so she became a agent and a Colonel in the USAF on her own merits, that stuff still being able to be played with.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I’m honestly glad their playing more with the retcon. Using Carol stories to show more of Hala, the culture, the technology, and history would be a really smart endless way to give Carol really intriguing stories. It honestly takes nothing away from her either. Given her powers weren’t triggered till Yon-Rogg so she became a agent and a Colonel in the USAF on her own merits, that stuff still being able to be played with.
    It retcons her interest in space as biological as well as why her father treated her the way it did, so it does take away her relatability quite a bit. Not to mention the fact that she was only as good an agent as she was because her mom was.

But Lauri-El isn't any better or worse than Car-El, I guess.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 07-17-2020 at 03:30 PM.

BANNED

Aliens are fictional. Her having a bred in curiosity about the stars and beyond doesn’t make her any less relatable. I’m sure there’s people out there who feel they were born with desires and curiosities of the same sort. Heck I’d say the people really big on Zodiac stuff are those people. I’d argue her actions are why she’s where she’s at.

Lore wise I think it was a really great idea to make her half-Kree heck now she’s in the Aquaman/Namor/Jon Kent bracket of being a hybrid from two different worlds trope.