Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 222
  1. #76
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Im personally enjoying it myself. I was getting tired of them suggesting she was super powerful without actually much to show for it. Cause I could see anyone making the argument she’s consistently mid-tier more then hightier but that seems to be slowly changing between Thompson and Aaron.

    Definitely all for her developing a rogues gallery in general she doesn’t have many characters that stand out in that regard. More villains like Vox and Star less like Mahzimo
    Yes me too, Vox and Star are good additions. I’m excited to see where they go and if they can be recurring villains. Or a chance to see Carol have a huge battle where she has to cut loose in order to win.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,689

    Default

    Yeah I’d definitely be more interested to see her energy manipulation abilities more expanded upon. I think that’s almost every superhero or character that appears in several issues though typically has there power set generalized.

    Thor more often then not is a flying brick with the ability to summon thunder and lightning
    Ironman gets all these fancy gadgets and tech but typically only ever displays repulsor blast and his physicals

    Definitely something I wish more writers would show is versatility with powersets

    Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...tone-star/amp/
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 01-15-2020 at 09:46 AM.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yes me too, Vox and Star are good additions. I’m excited to see where they go and if they can be recurring villains. Or a chance to see Carol have a huge battle where she has to cut loose in order to win.
    That’s honestly why I love the Thor fight so much despite people hating it or possibly loving it for several reasons. I personally always love seeing fights when well timed and placed that involve a character just duking it out for an entire comic. I liked that her energy absorption was used to give her more of a chance and I loved that they waited until the next issue to bring up why Mljonir was taken out of play. Love or the hate the fight it definitely raised eyebrows and put a spotlight on Carol

    A character I think would be cool to see brought back for Carol to have a rematch again though where it could go from physical to just a battle of energy absorption would be the energy vampire Count Nefaria

    https://imgur.com/gallery/9i61I

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Yeah I’d definitely be more interested to see her energy manipulation abilities more expanded upon. I think that’s almost every superhero or character that appears in several issues though typically has there power set generalized.

    Thor more often then not is a flying brick with the ability to summon thunder and lightning
    Ironman gets all these fancy gadgets and tech but typically only ever displays repulsor blast and his physicals

    Definitely something I wish more writers would show is versatility with powersets

    Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...tone-star/amp/
    I remember in new avengers, carol used her energy power against nefaria helping get a quick win, she herself made a point of saying it's something people forget about

    Nice feat from her, be good to see her pulling those moves more

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I remember in new avengers, carol used her energy power against nefaria helping get a quick win, she herself made a point of saying it's something people forget about

    Nice feat from her, be good to see her pulling those moves more
    I don’t think people get how impressive her showing against The Phoenix Force was easier, Thor got a flashier physical showing but she didn’t face it Physically she fought it in an energy absorption battle and did pretty well in my opinion.

  6. #81
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I donít think people get how impressive her showing against The Phoenix Force was easier, Thor got a flashier physical showing but she didnít face it Physically she fought it in an energy absorption battle and did pretty well in my opinion.

    pssh thor knocked it out, that was impressive as hell (atleast according to hickman)

    yeah carol was pretty good too, negated its mass (some of that matter manipulation i was talking about), and was pulling it through herself, a neat little tug of war. I especially liked how she tapped into the white hole, like you could see a big bang/white hole on the other side and there was a risk that it could've been extinguished

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Whilst Thor had the best showing imo

    Carol was very capable too, good showing

    I haven't caught up on the follow-up to the Thor fight

    How was the mjolnir removal explained?

  8. #83
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Singularity from A-force took it into herself.
    That's where all the avengers she's beaten are being kept too

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Singularity from A-force took it into herself.
    That's where all the avengers she's beaten are being kept too
    That's clever

    I liked her in a force

    Thanks

  10. #85

  11. #86
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Someone noticed the avengers book with aaron is doing kind of a starjammers look


  12. #87
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,689

    Default

    That’s really neat. Explains why she looks the way she does as Binary too. Love the reference by Aaron.

    You think Carol will have a big role in Empyre? I know she’s obviously going to be in the book being an Avenger and all but I wonder if they’ll actually play with the Kree connection in a big way. Atleast I hope they do.

    Heck her movie dealt with both alien species I think it would be weird if she didn’t have a good role in the story. Moreso then War if The Realms or the HydraCap story

  13. #88
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    That’s really neat. Explains why she looks the way she does as Binary too. Love the reference by Aaron.

    You think Carol will have a big role in Empyre? I know she’s obviously going to be in the book being an Avenger and all but I wonder if they’ll actually play with the Kree connection in a big way. Atleast I hope they do.

    Heck her movie dealt with both alien species I think it would be weird if she didn’t have a good role in the story. Moreso then War if The Realms or the HydraCap story
    i don't know
    i don't think marvel particularly cares about carol from a story perspective except in the most superficial way
    she's going to be in the back doing something trivial or just getting out of the way or being a hindrance. Carol will at best get a few panels of going "ur mum kree". I don't think she'd get a kang dynasty or anything of the sort.
    this is centre stage for teddy with his prophecy of uniting kree-skrulls, so the avengers would be on the side and carol will be swept up in that.

    Like I thought initially that they would have something interesting with the whole minn-erva and vox supreme thing, but I think it's just confined to this book and this book alone.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-16-2020 at 06:37 AM.

  14. #89
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    i mean you can see the contrast with how spencer wrote her in secret empire, just being a hindrance, and caring about populrity (something she'd long grown past), and when fans complained on twitter, atleast mstohl fixed that confession to avril

    another weirdness was the defense shield, like on one hand spencer's like "ok this chitauri thing is waaaay bigger than the annihilation wave", and on the hand carol's portrayed weird and wrong for wanting something to protect earth from it. There was this argument about it sending the wrong message to other planets, like it'd be isolationist or whatever, but at the same time in other books she's seen cooperating with all races to make sense, and accepting refugees. Even the shield wasn't shown in any book to be kept up like the default state where it'd cut off earth from everything or be any hindrance at all.

    I thought that spencer was writing it in this way on purpose to make it seem that way as some sort perception game, but nope, he genuinely wrote it straight

    And when chitauri wave came, quasar got taken out quickly (and she was miles more powerful than all the other heroes combined as shown with the field test of the shield), so like technically the shield saved the heroes on earth from dying since they'd have no chance whatsoever, and the only reason things with the shield went wrong was because it got hacked. Even if they got locked out, without the shield they would all be dead instead and it wasn't like there was an alternative presented (until steve revealed how he was controlling the wave)
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-16-2020 at 06:48 AM.

  15. #90
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    203

    Default

    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/exc...ain-marvel-14/

    Here's the Preview for Captain Marvel # 14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •