Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    There's a systematic tendency in Hollywood to choose the white male director but, when a white male director is chosen, people don't go "I hope they didn't choose him because he's a white male." It's a shame the question even gets asked when it's someone else. If there's a reason to doubt the director, bring that up. But why should someone's gender be brought up as a reason for skepticism just because Marvel chose a woman to direct a movie with a female lead.
    Kinda of a weird post on your part given how picking a director for the first movie went... We know for a fact that the MCU have casted based on color and/or gender of the director in relation to the character. First Captain Marvel movie and the Black Panther movie. First CM movie being pretty lackluster and now they’ve picked a director with little to no work in relation to a Superhero epic so it brings up the question, what made her chosen. If that answers your post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Amazons in justice league look like they're in their training gear. The extras themselves liked the costumes.
    The amazons in WW are dressed in battlegear.

They're different ontexts esp since they were sneak attacked.
    Exactly ontop of the fact it’s the same director who gave us shirtless Cavill scenes.. This stuff is only an issue when your trying to create one out of it.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Kinda of a weird post on your part given how picking a director for the first movie went... We know for a fact that the MCU have casted based on color and/or gender of the director in relation to the character. First Captain Marvel movie and the Black Panther movie. First CM movie being pretty lackluster and now they’ve picked a director with little to no work in relation to a Superhero epic so it brings up the question, what made her chosen. If that answers your post
    isnt that how most MCU directors are. Known for making Indie movies than big budget. They are rumors Marvel may have seen her movie Candyman which influenced her getting the Job.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-08-2020 at 10:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    isnt that how most MCU directors are. Known for making Indie movies than big budget. They are rumors Marvel may have seen her movie Candyman which influenced her getting the Job.
    Interesting movie to use to get you a job directing a superhero film nonetheless but again hopefully she has the merits. Given I don’t know her is what I’m basing that off.

Of course that they were looking for a female director, that's a given. I'm pretty sure there were plenty of female directors that wanted the job and/or that they considered for. They still chose her for a reason at the end of the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Of course that they were looking for a female director, that's a given. I'm pretty sure there were plenty of female directors that wanted the job and/or that they considered for. They still chose her for a reason at the end of the day.
    Could say the same thing about the last movie “I’m sure they chose their creative team for a reason” that’s what scares me did they chose correctly? Based on actual merits? Guess we wait till Candyman to see how that performs even though that film should differ greatly from what I’d expect a CM film to be.

Overall my main complaint is that gender/race is a bigger factor it seems than who could make the best film

Interesting movie to use to get you a job directing a superhero film nonetheless but again hopefully she has the merits. Given I don’t know her is what I’m basing that off.
    Taika, James Gunn, all of them were Indie directors before they became famous by marvel movies. Russos had a mediocre movie and hit TV show before Marvel. Sam Raimi was also a B movie Horror director before Spider man

Never mind. He produced Xena didn't direct it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Taika, James Gunn, all of them were Indie directors before they became famous by marvel movies. Russos had a mediocre movie and hit TV show before Marvel. Sam Raimi was also a B movie Horror director before Spider man
    Honestly the only person you listed that I enjoyed a film from is the Russos. Ragnarok was too comedy for me and same thing with the Guardian of The Galaxy movies. Regardless they still get a lot of appraisal Ragnarok being regarded as the best Thor film to date whereas the Captain Marvel movie gets a lot of hate and is broken down on why it’s not a good movie by several youtubers who I sadly for the most part can’t agree with.

BANNED

Considering how powerful they are in their own right -- I want to ask you a'll this... In a all out throwdown (ignoring past feats and using current power stats) who who would walk away and who would be "laid-out" on the concrete?

Honestly the only person you listed that I enjoyed a film from is the Russos. Ragnarok was too comedy for me and same thing with the Guardian of The Galaxy movies. Regardless they still get a lot of appraisal Ragnarok being regarded as the best Thor film to date whereas the Captain Marvel movie gets a lot of hate and is broken down on why it’s not a good movie by several youtubers who I sadly for the most part can’t agree with.
    I doubt those youtubers will stop complaining even if Captain Marvel 2 is the best movie in the world. Lets hope she delivers

Could say the same thing about the last movie “I’m sure they chose their creative team for a reason” that’s what scares me did they chose correctly? Based on actual merits?
    The previous movie directors who you seem to think failed were both white and one of them was a male. Now they got a black woman and you're still insisting that they should have given a chance to other white and/or male directors as if they'd be inheretely better and she was only picked for gender and race?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The previous movie directors who you seem to think failed were both white and one of them was a male. Now they got a black woman and you're still insisting that they should have given a chance to other white and/or male directors as if they'd be inheretely better and she was only picked for gender and race?
    If that’s what you got from my post you failed to read it properly. My issue is if they chose the best director for the job regardless of genitals and color. That’s based off the fact the first film was primarily after having a female director at the helm of the film. So it has a basis. Regardless I hope the movie turns out great and is one if not the best MCU film to date on its release.

BANNED

I doubt those youtubers will stop complaining even if Captain Marvel 2 is the best movie in the world. Lets hope she delivers
    When they have points to back up their views is my issue, a lot of youtubers who are against sjw stuff usually don’t have much merits or points behind a lot of their videos, but the deconstruction videos of the CM movie

Angry

When they have points to back up their views is my issue, a lot of youtubers who are against sjw stuff usually don’t have much merits or points behind a lot of their videos, but the deconstruction videos of the CM movie
    Sadly, they don't need valid points all they need are subscribers and views. At the end of the day, money is what matters. I tried to be positive about such things in my videos and received very few views so I threw in the towel. "Monetize your hate".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."