Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1620

I'm thinking of trying some Captain Marvel comics, all I know of her is the film and the audiobook Liberation Run. What would be a good starting comic?

Either the start of the current run by Kelly Thompson, or the 2012 one by Kelly Sue DeConnick, which was Carol's first as Captain Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I just realised that Captain Marvel is one of the few Marvel titles I am still reading, five years ago I could never imagine saying that my Marvel pull list would be so reduced.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'm thinking of trying some Captain Marvel comics, all I know of her is the film and the audiobook Liberation Run. What would be a good starting comic?
    Captain Marvel(2012) and the following series Captain Marvel (2014) both by Kelly Sue DeConnick
    The Life of Captain Marvel: It updates Carol's origin
    Captain Marvel (2019): The current run

I recommend reading in this order.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

WWE wrestlers Captain Marvel fans

a1.jpg
    a2.jpg
    a3.jpg
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 08-24-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Either the start of the current run by Kelly Thompson, or the 2012 one by Kelly Sue DeConnick, which was Carol's first as Captain Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Captain Marvel(2012) and the following series Captain Marvel (2014) both by Kelly Sue DeConnick
    The Life of Captain Marvel: It updates Carol's origin
    Captain Marvel (2019): The current run

I recommend reading in this order.
    Cool, thanks.
    Found the 2014 series from my local library for digital loans, no 2012 stuff or Life Of. Plus a whole heap of a series called Mighty Captain Marvel, Rise, and something called Civil War II. I'll start with the 2014 volumes and go from there.

[Edit] Oh wait, just found one from 2012 called In Pursuit of Flight, with the same author - think I found it! Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-24-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the Spider-Woman friendship is long established. The Rhodey relationship was carried over from Stohl's run (it had been interrupted thanks to Civil War II and resumed after his resurrection). Hazmat was a character unused for a few years who Kelly brought into the cast, and now Kit's coming back from Kelly Sue DeConnick's run and new character Lauri-Ell has been added. I don't think Carol's ever had so many allies. It's surprising we haven't seen Jessica Jones too - Carol did mention her last issue.
    Kelly Sue DeConnick establish Rhodey as Carol's love interest.

BANNED

We are all gathered here today to honor the memory of Lauri-ell, daughter of Mari-ell, sister of Car-ell.
    We did not know Lauri-ell for very long, but in the short while we did we knew she was a kind soul despite being raised and bred for war, a blooming flower with a distaste for war in the desert of warmongers. Fitting, since she loved flowers. She was a powerful woman, body and soul, with a big heart and a capacity for love that exceeded the even the reach of an embrace from her large arms.
    May she find peace and be reunited with her mother in the after life and be remembered for the joy she brought us, the lives she saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    We are all gathered here today to honor the memory of Lauri-ell, daughter of Mari-ell, sister of Car-ell.
    We did not know Lauri-ell for very long, but in the short while we did we knew she was a kind soul despite being raised and bred for war, a blooming flower with a distaste for war in the desert of warmongers. Fitting, since she loved flowers. She was a powerful woman, body and soul, with a big heart and a capacity for love that exceeded the even the reach of an embrace from her large arms.
    May she find peace and be reunited with her mother in the after life and be remembered for the joy she brought us, the lives she saved.
    Is she dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Is she dead?
    im just practicing because of the death flags

Okay cool. I’m prayin thats it’s just a Red Herring. Lauri-eLl could be an interesting addiction to Carol’s cast. It’d be such a waste to kill her off so quickly

Fantastic Member

Car-ell is gonna pass the Supreme Accuser title to her sister Lauri-ell

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Car-ell is gonna pass the Supreme Accuser title to her sister Lauri-ell
    4 years ago, who would have ever predicted Carol would have had a secret sister who literally becomes the female Ronan.

You mean the coffin on the cover of the next issue? It says Danvers on it - Lauri isn't called Danvers. It's probably symbolic of Carol's time as an accuser, and not actually a sign of a death. Or maybe Carol is mistaken for dead, but actually flung into the future? The "The End" one-shot's meant to come into play next arc, right?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-25-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Cool, thanks.
    Found the 2014 series from my local library for digital loans, no 2012 stuff or Life Of. Plus a whole heap of a series called Mighty Captain Marvel, Rise, and something called Civil War II. I'll start with the 2014 volumes and go from there.

[Edit] Oh wait, just found one from 2012 called In Pursuit of Flight, with the same author - think I found it! Thanks again.
    I think most people agree Mighty Captain Marvel was meh and CWII was not really a good showing for Carol(besides the art which is amazing).