Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1620

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt of Rivia View Post
    Hey people, figured I might ask this here as well:

I was wondering if Ms. Marvel by Brian Reed from the latter half of the 2000s is any good?
    I enjoyed it. It's definitely a different take on Carol compared to the Captain Marvel era that followed it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I enjoyed it, especially the earlier half. Later they put far too much emphasis on Moonstone as Carol seemed to take a backseat.

To be fair, you can probably blame Avengers writer Bendis for that. You can tell which issues focus on Moonstone - they use the logo that would later be given to Kamala.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

spoilers:
    They really nerfed Carol in the last issue like damn. She was probably holding her punches back but get her ass dragged like that by Luke Cage really?
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

I found Brain Reeds Ms. Marvel run to be just ok. Although, later Carol was sidelined for a bit when Moonstone took over for a few issues. That wouldn't have bothered me so much if it happened only once, but in Ms. Marvel Annual #1 Spider-man was pretty much the focus and made it feel like Carol was a guest star in her own book.
    Last edited by Distraction; 12-10-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    spoilers:
    They really nerfed Carol in the last issue like damn. She was probably holding her punches back but get her ass dragged like that by Luke Cage really?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Sounds like something I'd expect Bendis to write.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    I found Brain Reeds Ms. Marvel run to be just ok. Although, later Carol’s was sidelined on her own when Moonstone took over for a few issues. That wouldn't have bothered me so much if it happened only once, but in Ms. Marvel Annual #1 Spider-man was pretty much the focus and made Carol feel like she was a guest star in her own book.
    Reed self-admitted to being a huge Spidey fan, which probably played a role.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well he did have help, Amora basically cast Hold Person on Carol so she couldn't defend herself
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    spoilers:
    Well he did have help, Amora basically cast Hold Person on Carol so she couldn't defend herself
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Carol can absorb magic energy and she's tank, she shouldn't get her ass dragged by Luke Cage like that, it seems that Thompson didn't want to explore her powers at all and just get her beaten easily for plot.
    end of spoilers

Brie Larson returns as Carol Danvers in Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel 2, directed by Nia DaCosta. Joining the cast are recently announced Ms. Marvel, Iman Vellani, and Monica Rambeau played by WandaVision's Teyonah Parris.

Captain Marvel 2 flies into theaters Nov. 11, 2022

First look at Captain Marvel in What If

Brie Larson returns as Carol Danvers in Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel 2, directed by Nia DaCosta. Joining the cast are recently announced Ms. Marvel, Iman Vellani, and Monica Rambeau played by WandaVision's Teyonah Parris.

Captain Marvel 2 flies into theaters Nov. 11, 2022

Glad to see Kamala will be in it and we'll get to see her meet Carol, along with probably Monica as Spectrum. Maybe get a little Marvel Family going here .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glad to see Kamala will be in it and we'll get to see her meet Carol, along with probably Monica as Spectrum. Maybe get a little Marvel Family going here .
    Notice the three stars of Hala to represent Kamala, Carol, and Monica as a trio? That's a cute detail.

i'm shaking you guys can we just jump to 2022 already??

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Notice the three stars of Hala to represent Kamala, Carol, and Monica as a trio? That's a cute detail.
    I never thought of that! Neat .

Although considering their relationship to the Kree (or lack there of) kind of ironic .

Carol's poster in Kamala's bedroom