Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1620

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Carol's poster in Kamala's bedroom
    Is that actual Carol art?

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that actual Carol art?
    Yes, it's from the 2016 run.

Carol's status in the MCU is confusing. Nobody on Earth, besides Nick Fury, knew that she existed until Avengers: Endgame and afterwards she continues to spend most of her time in space. Would she really be well-known enough to have merchandising and become Kamala's role model?

Actually, nobody knew prior to Infinity War. After the snap, she probably spent some time on Earth in the five year timeskip during Endgame, which is when she'll have gained her fame and been seen by Kamala.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, I think the Ms. Marvel show and the sequel are likely going to go more in-depth with what Carol was doing on Earth.

I wonder if any of her family is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Carol's status in the MCU is confusing. Nobody on Earth, besides Nick Fury, knew that she existed until Avengers: Endgame and afterwards she continues to spend most of her time in space. Would she really be well-known enough to have merchandising and become Kamala's role model?
    She must have worked as an active Avenger during the time skip in Endgame, i just hope they actually show it and not let it off-sreen and she can travel at light speed, she can be both in space and on earth at almost the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Nice to see the long hair again .

I wonder if the movie will have a subtitle or they're just going with Captain Marvel 2. Probably that Secret Invasion show will connect with the movie.

Maybe. Ms. Marvel and WandaVision definitely do.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

That 20-year absence of Carol was not needed, IMHO. I guess they wanted to show that she had a lot of experience by the time she met up with the Avengers, but being that she played only a minor role in Endgame, I just don't see the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That 20-year absence of Carol was not needed, IMHO. I guess they wanted to show that she had a lot of experience by the time she met up with the Avengers, but being that she played only a minor role in Endgame, I just don't see the point of it.
    How ironic: The decision to place Captain Marvel in the 90s was made to retcon Carol into being the most important avenger, the inspiration for the team's creation, but then they robbed her of her one opportunity to work alongside them. I'm still disappointed that she'll never have any meaningful interactions with Cap, Tony, T'Challa...
    Last edited by Dipter; 12-11-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    How ironic: The decision to place Captain Marvel in the 90s was made to retcon Carol into being the most important avenger, the inspiration for the team's creation, but then they robbed her of her one opportunity to work alongside them. I'm still disappointed that she'll never have any meaningful interactions with Cap, Tony, T'Challa...
    But that wouldn't have changed with the movie not being on the 90's...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    But that wouldn't have changed with the movie not being on the 90's...
    I know that. I'm just saying it was pointless to give her a historical connection to the Avengers and then only ten minutes of screen time in Endgame.

That whole "Avenger" thing felt pointless to me, especially since it never came up at all in Endgame. I know Jan was probably not going to get to name them, but still.

It's a shame that they never got to do much with T'Challa and Carol as Avengers with the main Avengers, and now likely never will (T'Challa will never get to be an Avenger, for one).