Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by northjason View Post
    I have three small kids, so no way will I hit a number anything like 1000, but I just registered so I can participate. (I've been lurking a while.) I'm eyeing a number closer to 250 comic books. Right now I'm at... 3!
    Welcome! You don't have to make your target 1,000, you can set it lower

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Ooh! I’ve always wanted to get in on this, but never found the thread until late in the year. What do we usually do, update the same post over and over with progress? Or post new updates?
    Here is a link to how I do it. I cover what I've read that month but with an up-to-date master list in the same post, once per month. You'll figure out a way that works for you though
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I think I am going to post a small list of what I have read for the week with the yearly total. Then post the master list at the end of the year. Last year I posted my master list every month and that was a lot to scroll through. Will post my list from my reading from Sunday to Saturday.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Never mind. I will do posts for monthly reading. Posting every week would just clog the thread.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Never mind. I will do posts for monthly reading. Posting every week would just clog the thread.
    I don’t know about everyone else, but getting weekly updates from other users would help keep my motivation up.

I don’t know about everyone else, but getting weekly updates from other users would help keep my motivation up.
    Okay. That sounds good. I can do weekly. I will post my list for this weeks reading tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by northjason View Post
    I have three small kids, so no way will I hit a number anything like 1000, but I just registered so I can participate. (I've been lurking a while.) I'm eyeing a number closer to 250 comic books. Right now I'm at... 3!
    Welcome and good luck with the small ones! Maybe you can make it a team effort and get the kids to participate as well

I am one of the lucky ones who will hit 1000 or over. I dont work and am a caretaker for my disabled father. Once I get him settled or when he is sleeping I read comics. Right now comics are my only real hobby so I can read a ton. On a good week I can crank out 70-80 issues.

Here is a link to how I do it. I cover what I've read that month but with an up-to-date master list in the same post, once per month. You'll figure out a way that works for you though
    Thanks! That’s super thorough. I think I’m going to set up a Google sheet for it and use a similar format.

I see you were waylaid by PoE. Gaming is going to be my main downfall, too.

Thanks! That’s super thorough. I think I’m going to set up a Google sheet for it and use a similar format.

I see you were waylaid by PoE. Gaming is going to be my main downfall, too.
    You're welcome! If you're happy to, you could share your spreadsheet here and others might use it. I've always meant to make one. I love a spreadsheet

I was waylaid by PoE, but no more. I find that games like PoE (even though I play entirely solo) tend to suck me in too much and it negatively impacts the rest of my life. The only exceptions are Elder Scrolls and Diablo II, the latter being one of the most constant things in my life. I'm trying to stick to Diablo II and reading
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    You're welcome! If you're happy to, you could share your spreadsheet here and others might use it. I've always meant to make one. I love a spreadsheet

I was waylaid by PoE, but no more. I find that games like PoE (even though I play entirely solo) tend to suck me in too much and it negatively impacts the rest of my life. The only exceptions are Elder Scrolls and Diablo II, the latter being one of the most constant things in my life. I'm trying to stick to Diablo II and reading
    I’ll share it for sure once I make it!

I keep wanting to give Diablo II a try. Is it too late to play it for the first time?

Here is my list for the start of the new year. Its Saturday so I thought I would post it as I said I would post them weekly. Had a great start to the year and a busy 4 days.

Weekly Reading

Action - 5
    Batman - 2
    Detective - 5
    Flash - 3
    Superman - 1
    A-Next - 4
    Avengers - 3
    Doom - 4
    Fantastic Four - 3
    J2 - 3
    Strange Tales - 3
    Tales to Astonish - 3
    Tales of Suspense - 3
    Uncannay Xmen - 3
    Something is Killing the Children - 1
    Battle Royale - 16
    Pokemon Adventures - 12
    Total - 74
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-04-2020 at 06:36 PM.

January:

Blueberry integraal 9 (dutch one): 10
    Rough riders complete: 17
    Absolute Scarlet: 10
    Promethea deluxe book 2: 11

Total: 48
    Last edited by JPAR; 01-17-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    January:

Blueberry integraal 9 (dutch one): 10
    Rough riders complete: 17
    I really want to try Blueberry this year. There's a spanish integral that I have my eyes on
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I’ll share it for sure once I make it!

I keep wanting to give Diablo II a try. Is it too late to play it for the first time?
    Absolutely not! I'm part of an online community of people who play Diablo II single player offline, and we still get new players and it's a really tight knit community. We have community events and put a lot of effort into sharing our characters, a couple of people add a lot of storytelling We also arguably have the most knowledgeable players around, so there's a lot of support for new players.

The forum;
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/foru...layer-forum.3/

An example (my own) of a collection thread - a little like the 1000 books
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thre...ourney.943396/

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I really want to try Blueberry this year. There's a spanish integral that I have my eyes on
    Go for it! This was the last one in the main series that we got. I believe the youth series will follow.