Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Absolutely not! I'm part of an online community of people who play Diablo II single player offline, and we still get new players and it's a really tight knit community. We have community events and put a lot of effort into sharing our characters, a couple of people add a lot of storytelling We also arguably have the most knowledgeable players around, so there's a lot of support for new players.

The forum;
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/foru...layer-forum.3/

An example (my own) of a collection thread - a little like the 1000 books
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thre...ourney.943396/
    Thanks! This might be the push I need to finally get me to take it for a spin!

You're welcome! If you're happy to, you could share your spreadsheet here and others might use it. I've always meant to make one. I love a spreadsheet
    If anyone's interested, here's the spreadsheet I made to keep track of my reading this year. You just fill out the month, series, and issue range for the books you read on the first tab, and the second two tabs will tally up the issue counts you read per month and per title. Nothing too fancy, a couple formulas and a pivot table, but hopefully it works out for anyone that wants to use it. I don't use Google Sheets much, so let me know if you're unable to save a copy and use it.

2020 Reading Tracker Template

Nice one
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I dont use a spreadsheet. I just use Word and type out the title and the number after it. It is very easy for me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I dont use a spreadsheet. I just use Word and type out the title and the number after it. It is very easy for me.
    I do this too, but everything is better with a spreadsheet.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Thanks for the spreadsheet, it really helps to put everything in order. What I've read so far:

New reads

-AC #1018
    -ASM #37
    -The Omega Men The End is Here: That end killed me. A terrific book
    -My Hero Academia 253 to 256
    -Black Widow No More Secrets: This was okay. The script wasn't amazing, but it was good. The art was pretty cool
    -YA The Doom Patrol (1/12)

re-readings

-The Green Lantern 8-9 & Annual 1
    -Batman I Am Gotham (Rebirth One shot, 1-6) & issues #7 and 8
    -Superman Red Son: I liked it better this time. Still, I don't think it's one of the best Superman stories, but a solid one

Comics total: 40

Books

-The Gambler/A Nasty Story
    -The casebook of Sherlock Holmes: I had read some Sherlock stories years ago. I really enjoyed this one

Books Total: 2
    Last edited by Chubistian; 01-09-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Posted my weekly reading list but took it down because I decided to read more tonight. Will post an updated list before I go to bed. Sorry about the wasted post.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-11-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here is my updated weekly reading list. Thought I would try again now that I read a few more issues.

Anext - 8
    Avengers - 3
    Avengers the Origin - 5
    Fantastic Four - 3
    J2 - 3
    Savage Avengers - 1
    Strange Tales - 3
    Strikeforce - 2
    Tales of Suspense - 3
    Thor - 4
    Uncanny Xmen - 3
    Valkyrie Jane Foster - 1
    Web of Black Widow - 1
    Battle Royale - 23
    Pokemon Adventures - 38

Total - 101

Monthly Total - 175

Here is my updated weekly reading list. Thought I would try again now that I read a few more issues.

Anext - 8
    Avengers - 3
    Avengers the Origin - 5
    Fantastic Four - 3
    J2 - 3
    Savage Avengers - 1
    Strange Tales - 3
    Strikeforce - 2
    Tales of Suspense - 3
    Thor - 4
    Uncanny Xmen - 3
    Valkyrie Jane Foster - 1
    Web of Black Widow - 1
    Battle Royale - 23
    Pokemon Adventures - 38

Total - 101

Monthly Total - 175
    What did you think of Pokemon Adventures? I have the first seven volumes, but can't decide whether or not to get the rest.

What did you think of Pokemon Adventures? I have the first seven volumes, but can't decide whether or not to get the rest.
    I am enjoying it. The only read downside is they are really fast reads. They shocked me a bit with how intense the stories are. Pokemon being killed, the elite four trying to destroy cities and kill the trainers.

But over all I really am enjoying it and if you are a fan of pokemon I recommend it highly. I am just about to start volume 8 Where I understand it moves away from Red. if you are unsure if you want to buy them I know a site you can read them for free and see if you like them and want to buy the physical copies of the book.

I am enjoying it. The only read downside is they are really fast reads. They shocked me a bit with how intense the stories are. Pokemon being killed, the elite four trying to destroy cities and kill the trainers.

But over all I really am enjoying it and if you are a fan of pokemon I recommend it highly. I am just about to start volume 8 Where I understand it moves away from Red. if you are unsure if you want to buy them I know a site you can read them for free and see if you like them and want to buy the physical copies of the book.
    Thanks, I probably will get the rest eventually! The are on my horribly long list^^

Forgot to give my reviews. The best of the week was Anext and J2. They have a real old school feel tot hem. I dont know if I liked them so much because the stories were good or if it is because it brought back memories of me reading them years ago.

I didnt really care for Avengers The Origin. Making it set in modern times was a mistake to me. And I just didnt really think it was necessary as the comic didnt really add much to the mythos in my view. I just hope the 2005 Anext is just as fun.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-12-2020 at 06:13 AM.

I will put twice a month the books here!

January 1-15

Capa Preta - the first book I read this year is a HC edition from four short graphic novels by brazilian underground genius Lourenço Mutarelli, really skilled drawing and putting a oppressive mood on his comics. I don't know if any of this is translated to english (maybe french?), but his Diomedes detective noir series is one of the best noir stories ever to me, as good as any Brubaker or Azzarello or Cooke. I will count this book as 4 issues.

Hawkeye #1-#11+ Young Avengers #6 - the first HC from the Matt Fraction series, amazing book, interesting ways of narrative and Pizza Dog. Trying to buy the second volume!

Batman #83-#85 - the end of Tom King tale. Despite being a bit too long and a bit too much, I enjoyed his weird take on Batman, in my opinion, weirdest than Morrison: we had Poison Ivy taking over the world, Looney-Tunes crossover, surreal dreams, Flashpoint Batman. One of the things I think is excelent is the use of Scarface, a C-list villain at the best case scenario.

Southern Bastards #1-#8 - last year I read the first two volumes of Scalped and while I don't catch up with the rest, I tryed this one. The beginning remind me fast of Scalped, but I had great twists ahead. Beautiful art, bloody book. I just discovered this week volume 2 is postponed, maybe I will read the rest online.

And that's it!

Total: 27 issues.

Here’s my mid-month tally:

The Batman Who Laughs #6-7 (2) - Jock’s art is great and it’s not a bad story, but ultimately I can’t unsee so many of Snyder’s ticks that his stuff isn’t very enjoyable for me anymore, unfortunately.
    The Batman Who Laughs: The Grim Knight #1 (1) - maybe because it was co-written, I found I was able to get into this one a bit more.
    Lois Lane #7 (1) - Loves me some Rucka, and him getting to write Renee again AND Lois? Dream series. Excellent art as well.

Deathstroke Rebirth #1 (1) - Now that it’s finished, I decided to check out Priest’s Deathstroke run, and it did not disappoint. Great character work, compelling story, consistently appealing art.
    Deathstroke (2016) #1-50 (50)
    Deathstroke Annual#1 (1)
    Titans (2016) #11 (1)
    Teen Titans (2016) #8 (1)
    Teen Titans: The Lazarus Contract Special #1 (1)
    Teen Titans (2016) #28-30 (3)

Uncanny X-Men #182-188 (7) - Last year I blitzed through every X-Men-related comic from Giant-Size up through Age of Apocalypse, not having read them before. I enjoyed Claremont’s run so much I decided to read it again but a bit more slowly, to get more out of it, so I’ve been slipping some of those issues in when I can.
    Marvel Fanfare #40 (1) - part of Claremont’s run.
    New Mutants (1983) #16-23 (8) - Ditto; not planning to read every X-book again, but at least Claremont’s New Mutants deserves a more careful read.
    X-Men (2019) #4 (1) - Enjoying the new X-books so far, even if House of X/Powers of X and this main book have been wayyyy decompressed.
    Marauders #5 (1) - So much fun!
    Excalibur (2019) #5 (1) - Love Marcus To’s art (been a fan since his Red Robin days) and this is also entertaining enough for me to keep reading, though kind of middle-tier for me thus far.
    New Mutants (2019) #5 (1) - Really digging this one, though I feel like if you don’t know much or have a feel for the various characters you might not get as much out of it, but I could be wrong.
    X-Force (2019) #5 (1) - So far this is kind of the action movie of the current X-books. Competent and gory and... fine?

Stray Bullets #4-41 (38) - I read this years ago and it’s been a pleasure to experience it again (the first three issues I read at the end of last year, I didn’t skip them!) I can’t recommend it enough.
    Stray Bullets: Killers #1-8 (8) - ditto
    Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #1-2 (2) - first time reading these, so far, so good!

Total so far: 131
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 01-15-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Mid-January 2020

Floppies: X-Men 4, Marauders 5, Thor 1, Star Wars 1, Detective Comics 1018, Batman Curse of the White Knight 1-5, Justice League Dark 18, Excalibur 5, New Mutants 5, X-Force 5, Fallen Angels 5, Batman 86, Amazing Mary Jane 4, Daphne Byrne 1, The Red Mother 1
    Total floppies: (19)

Really enjoying all of the X-Men titles, and excited for the new TynionIV run on Batman. Caught up on Curse of the White Knight. Enjoying a few of the new horror titles.

Omnibus / Absolutes

Aquaman by Johns (30) - I'd had this title in shrinkwrap for too long and started the year off cracking the wrap! I've never read any Aquaman before and I really enjoyed this one.
    Thor by Simonson (49) - 80s nostalgia. I spent longer reading this one than others, but it had been on the list for a while to read, and I loved it. The crossovers with the X-Men have pushed Mutant Massacre up my reading list for the second half of January 2020. Throg and the battle against the Rats! Baldur the Brave mini-series was great (as I had no prior knowledge of him). Ragnarok and Hela's curse really put Thor into bad situations and he had to overcome the greatest odds! Volstaag wearing the <3 NYC shirt, and the humor in general were top notch.
    Absolute New Frontier (20) - This was from my December haul and was a delightful read on a Saturday afternoon.
    The Punisher MAX by Ennis vol. 1 (34) - Really enjoyed the Born mini-series. The "In the Beginning" story set things off nicely; "Kitchen Irish" was a bit tough to follow the various Westy gangs; "Mother Russia" was fantastic (and makes me want to consider Punisher: Soviet); "Up is Down and Black is White" and "The Slavers" were each particularly disturbing and ended the omnibus off strong--now I need to resist the urge to immediately order MAX Vol. 2.

Deluxe Editions

Fables Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2 (10) - "Storybook Love" really cemented Bigby Wolf and Snow as characters."The Last Castle" was a pre-Adversary highlight story showing the history of Fables in the Old Country;
    Fables Deluxe Edition, Vol. 3 (9) - "Cinderella Libertine" was a cute one-shot about her secret life and the "March of the Wooden Soldiers" raised up Boy Blue, Pinocchio as characters, and set the conflict going forward.

Total so far: 171

Next up to read: Starting Batman & Robin Omnibus by Tomasi/Gleason. Then X-Men Mutant Massacre. Absolute Sandman Volumes 1-4. Superman: Rebirth Deluxe Vols. 1-2. Batman Eternal.

January 2020 Hauls: Flash Vol 1 by Johns, Animal Man by Lemire, Absolute Death, Black Bolt OHC, Daredevil Vol. 1 by Bendis, Absolute Justice League World's Greatest, Hulk Vol 1 by Peter David, Amazing Spider-man Vol 1 by JMS.

Random thoughts: I'm a bit conflicted on whether to continue reading Fables, particularly with Vols. 4 & 7 very much out of print--do I buy 13 of the 15 Deluxe Editions and just pray to find a deal on ebay or a reprint of those volumes?