Monster deluxe edition 4-9 (54)
    Spider-Man: Life Story TP (6)
    Red Sonja omnibus by Simone (18)
    Motor Girl omnibus (10)
    Big Hard Sex Criminals 1-2 (20)
    Crime Noir omnibus (6)

Total for month: 174 issues
    Total so far: 174 issues

Alrighty, here’s my list for January (with comments on a few things since the last update):

The Batman Who Laughs 6-7 (2)
    The Batman Who Laughs: The Grim Knight 1 (1)
    Lois Lane 7 (1)
    Deathstroke Rebirth 1 (1)
    Deathstroke (2016) 1-50 (50)
    Deathstroke Annual 1 (1)
    Titans (2016) 11 (1)
    Teen Titans (2016) 8 (1)
    Teen Titans: The Lazarus Contract Special 1 (1)
    Teen Titans (2016) 28-30 (3)
    Nightwing (2016) 68 (1)
    Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (2019) 7 (1) - Fraction writing a DC book with Steve Leiber drawing is amazing.
    Adventures of the Super Sons 1-12 (12) - Fun. Was a good palette cleanser after Stray Bullets!
    Wonder Woman 750 (1)

Uncanny X-Men 182-192 (11)
    Marvel Fanfare 40 (1)
    New Mutants (1983) 16 -26 (11)
    X-Men (2019) 4-5 (2)
    Marauders 5-6 (2)
    Excalibur (2019) 5-6 (2)
    New Mutants (2019) 5-6 (2)
    X-Force (2019) 5-6 (2)

Stray Bullets 4-41 (38)
    Stray Bullets: Killers 1-8 (8)
    Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses 1-41 (41) - Good, but I can’t believe it’s been 41 issues of one storyline. I admit I miss the time jumps and multiple plot lines of the original series, though there are a lot of interesting new characters introduced and lots of entertaining stories, it still drags a bit at times.

Ghostbusters: Year One 1 (1) - I enjoyed the IDW Ghostbusters titles far more than I expected to, and this new series starts promisingly.

Sex Criminals 26 (1) - One of my all-time favorite comics and I’m so glad it’s back, even if it’s for its final arc. The letter column alone is worth the cover price.

Thor: God Of Thunder 1-25 (25)
    Original Sin 0-8 (9)
    Orginal Sin: Secret Avengers 1-2 (2)
    Original Sin: Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm 1-5 (5)
    Thor (2014) 1-8 (8)
    Thor (2014) Annual 1 (1)
    Battleworld: Thors 1-4 (4)
    The Mighty Thor (2015) 1-15 (15) - Really really enjoying Aaron’s Thor run, it’s more than lived up to the hype so far.

Total comics for January: 268
    Total for the year: 268

Here is my list for the month. A busy month.

Action - 13
    Batman - 3
    Batman - White Knight - 8
    Batman - Cruse of the White Knight - 6
    Detective - 9
    Flash - 10
    Lois Lane - 1
    Superman - 5

Alpha Flight - 2
    Amazing Spiderman - 23
    A-Next - 17
    Avengers - 8
    Avengers the Origin - 5
    Black Cat - 2
    Daredevil - 9
    Doom - 4
    Fantastic Four - 15
    Hulk - 6
    J2 - 12
    Journey Into Mystery - 5
    Morbius - 3
    Savage Avengers - 1
    Strange Tales - 6
    Strikeforce - 2
    Tales to Astonish - 11
    Tales of Suspense - 6
    Thor - 7
    Uncannay Xmen - 6
    Valkyrie Jane Foster - 2
    Web of Black Widow - 1

Something is Killing the Children - 1
    Battle Royale - 64
    Pokemon Adventures - 38

Total - 311

I averaged about ten a day this month. A pretty busy month. I really enjoy reading and am pretty sure that I will hit 1000 pretty early this year.

My favorite of the month was Anext, J2, and Batman White Knight.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-10-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

January 2020

Floppies:
    Marvel: X-Men 4-5, Marauders 5-6, Excalibur 5-6, New Mutants 5-6, X-Force 5-6, Fallen Angels 5-6, Thor 1-2, Iron Man 2020 1, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, Amazing Mary Jane 4, Star Wars 1-2,
    DC: Batman 86-87, Batman 613 (faX), Detective Comics 1018-1019, Batman Curse of the White Knight 1-6, Batman's Grave 3-4, The Batgirl Adventures 12, Justice League Dark 18, Daphne Byrne 1
    Indy: The Red Mother 1-2, Cyberfrog: Blood Honey, Strange Skies Over Berlin 1-3,
    Total floppies: (41)

Still quite enjoying the X-Men titles. Enjoying the Tynion IV Batman (so much so that I've been devouring his other work). Caught up on Curse of the White Knight and it's added to the pull list. The horror titles are great--I've got Something is Killing the Children to read from this week but pouring through my latest omni read first.

Omnibus / Absolutes

Aquaman by Johns (30) - Started off the year with this one and looking forward to reading more Geoff Johns omnis over the next few months.

Thor by Simonson (49) - 80s nostalgia. I spent longer reading this one than others, but it had been on the list for a while to read, and I loved it. The crossovers with the X-Men have pushed Mutant Massacre up my reading list for the second half of January 2020. Throg and the battle against the Rats! Baldur the Brave mini-series was great (as I had no prior knowledge of him). Ragnarok and Hela's curse really put Thor into bad situations and he had to overcome the greatest odds! Volstaag wearing the <3 NYC shirt, and the humor in general were top notch.

Absolute New Frontier (20) - This was from my December haul and was a delightful read on a Saturday afternoon.

The Punisher MAX by Ennis vol. 1 (34) - Really enjoyed the Born mini-series. The "In the Beginning" story set things off nicely; "Kitchen Irish" was a bit tough to follow the various Westy gangs; "Mother Russia" was fantastic (and makes me want to consider Punisher: Soviet); "Up is Down and Black is White" and "The Slavers" were each particularly disturbing and ended the omnibus off strong--now I need to resist the urge to immediately order MAX Vol. 2.

Batman & Robin (57) - Tomasi/Gleason omnibus. Having read the Snyder Batman omnibus last year, the death in issue 18 was a bit spoiled, but I was incredibly impressed with the Requiem issue. Another page turner that I couldn't put down and read over two days.

X-Men: Mutant Massacre (38) - I last read through all of the 80s X-men run about 4 or 5 years ago, but after finally reading Simonson's Thor, I had an urge to re-read the Morlocks and NYC tunnel event. I rather enjoyed this omni, and most of the crossovers. Daredevil 238 (written by Annie Nocenti and featuring Sabertooth) was standout. Fantastic Four vs. the X-Men was my favorite crossover--I just loved the interaction between Kitty & Franklin Richards, and look forward to the new upcoming miniseries.

Absolute Sandman vols. 1-5 (102) - By far my most enjoyable reading experience of January 2020. I had put off reading this series for far too long. I guess, having read the Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore last year, it really got me in the mood to read Vertigo and dark fantasy. By issue 8 I was hooked, and absolutely loved the Season of Mists, Song of Orpheus, The Kindly Ones and The Wake. After devouring the first four absolutes, I was a bit sad to see the monthly title end, but really enjoyed the Dream Hunters and Endless Nights stories. I so enjoyed these books that I bought the Lucifer omnibus during the Amazon sale, and am eyeing some of the TPBs from the relaunch of The Dreaming.

Batman Eternal (36) – Read the first 36 issues, about 2/3rds and despite having several storylines (that at times seem to have been forgotten only to be mentioned or picked up six issues later), it’s still a superfast story. I’ll finish this off today. Since November of last year I’ve read both of the Morrison Batman omnis, read the Snyder/Capullo omni, read Loeb/Sale omni, the first couple Rebirth Detective Deluxe volumes, the Black Mirror Absolute, and the Tomasi Batman & Robin omni. I guess I rather enjoy Batman, and am trying to read as much as possible before jumping into the Dark Knights Metal series.

Deluxe Editions

Fables Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2 (10) - "Storybook Love" really cemented Bigby Wolf and Snow as characters. "The Last Castle" was a pre-Adversary highlight story showing the history of Fables in the Old Country;

Fables Deluxe Edition, Vol. 3 (9) - "Cinderella Libertine" was a cute one-shot about her secret life and the "March of the Wooden Soldiers" raised up Boy Blue, Pinocchio as characters, and set the conflict going forward.

Black Bolt OHC (12) – I rather enjoyed the artwork on this title, and while I haven’t read much Inhumans beyond the DnA cosmic War of Kings stuff, but thought this was a nice standalone story. I was a bit confused by the selection of characters (Kreel was one I didn’t think I’d ever care about).

Star Wars: Darth Vader vol. 1 (Gillen) (12)– I had started reading this title when it first came out and decided to read the first volume again; enjoyed it enough to satiate my Star Wars bug and decided to buy the second volume.

Total omni/absolute/OHC: 16
    Total issues: 452

Next up to read: Finishing Batman Eternal. Will likely start a few of the Superman: Rebirth deluxe volumes, then going to do X-men: X-Cutioners Song, Shattershot and Wedding of Cyclops and Phoenix OHCs. Then Gotham Central, Punisher MAX vol. 2. Seven Soldiers. Descender vols. 1-2 by Lemire. Then perhaps Peter David’s Hulk, and Plant+World War Hulk omnis.

January 2020 Hauls: Flash Vol 1 by Johns, Animal Man by Lemire, Absolute Death, Black Bolt OHC, Daredevil Vol. 1 by Bendis, Absolute Justice League World's Greatest, Hulk Vol 1 by Peter David, Amazing Spider-man Vol 1 by JMS, X-Men Revolution, Cable & X-Force omni, Daredevil by Miller, Punisher MAX vol. 2, Darth Vader vol. 2 OHC, Lucifer, Absolute Batman Hush; Batman: Black & White omni. That’s A resolution for 2020 was that I would read as many books as I purchase. Though I’m still in “acquisition mode” building up my library (and dealing with storage/shelving), I hauled 16 and read 16 books this month—doubt I’ll keep up this breakneck pace but the sales were flowing.

Random thoughts:

Pull list – I’ve pumped up my pull list the last month, but still not sure if I want to add a few of the newly launched titles. Added Batman again with the new Tynion run, + the Cates Thor, will likely add Star Wars to scratch that itch. X-titles are my weakness—Fallen Angels is ending and it was likely my least desired of the original 6 Dawn of X titles. Excalibur is borderline, particularly with the new series coming soon. �� I’ll definitely add the Wolverine, FF/X-Men, Giant Sized (really looking forward to that Jean/Emma issue). Hellions & X-Factor, probably yes. Doubt I’ll add to the pull the Iron Man event, and unsure about Guardians of the Galaxy. I’m sad to see Tynion leave Justice League Dark, but will stick on to see how things go with Ram V—I’ve heard people rave about These Savage Shores so might need to add that to my list.

2020 – The Year of the Reprint? I must say, as someone who loves collecting, this year is a boon for someone new to the omni game (like me!) Already the Bendis Daredevil vol. 1 and Absolute Death have been re-released. Bendis DD vol. 2 is February, then we get Remender’s Uncanny X-Force in March. Wolverine vol. 1 and Astonishing X-Men in April. Then we get Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 by Claremont in June. Claremont’s UXM Vol. 2 in September, Vol. 3 in October, and Vol 4 getting released in November. Plus the Claremont/Lee X-Men omnis reprinted in October & December.

I’m still conflicted on whether to continue reading Fables, particularly with Vols. 4 & 7 out of print and overpriced on ebay—not sure if I want to all but two of the Deluxe Editions and just pray to find a deal on ebay or a reprint of those volumes?
    Last edited by RyanBlueThunder; 01-31-2020 at 11:14 PM.

First post of the new year's tally...

January reads...

Gideon Falls #13-19 (Image; 2019)
    DC's Year of the Villain Special #1 (DC: 2019)
    Once and Future #4-5 (BOOM! 2019)
    Something is Killing the Children #3-4 (BOOM! 2019)
    The Last God: Book One of the Fellspyre Chronicles #1-3 (DC/Black Label; 2019-2020)
    Basketful of Heads #1-3 (DC/Hill House 2019)
    The Dollhouse Family #1-2 (DC/Hill House; 2019)
    The Low, Low Woods #1 (DC/Hill House; 2019)
    Folk Lords #2 (BOOM! 2019)
    Grendel #1-17 (Comico; 1986-1988)
    House of Whispers #6-12 (DC/Vertigo; 2019)
    Detective Comics #1000 (DC; 2019)
    Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder: In the Service of Angels #1-5 (Dark Horse; 2009)
    Swamp Thing #1-3 (DC; 1972)
    Wonder Woman 100 Page Giant #4-7 (DC; 2019)
    Wonder Woman Giant Vol. 2 #1 (DC; 2019)
    Ghosts Giant #1 (DC; 2019)
    Villains Giant #1 (DC; 2019)
    Swamp Thing Giant Vol. 2 #1 (DC; 2019)
    Batman and Robin #1 (DC; 2009)
    Batman Eternal #1-4 (DC; 2014)
    Superman Giant #9-10 (DC; 2019)

with the DC Giants containing 3.5 issues of content, that makes the total for the month 90 issues.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post
    January 2020
    Total issues: 452
    すごい!Something tells me getting to 1000 issues this year won’t be much of a problem for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    すごい!Something tells me getting to 1000 issues this year won’t be much of a problem for you
    Yeah. My true resolution is to read as many omnis/absolutes/OHCs as I haul each month.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Batman (Vol. 3) (2016) # 86

Batman /Superman (Vol. 2) (2019) # 1 - 6 (6 issues)

Batman Universe (2019) # 6 (6 issues)

Deathstroke (2011) # 14

Deathstroke (Vol. 3) (2016) # 28 - 29 (2 issues)

East of West (2013) # 12 - 17 (6 issues)

Ghost Rider (Vol. 8) (2019) # 3 (1 issues)

Green Arrow (2011) # 14

Justice League (Vol. 4) (2018) # 30 - 37 (8 issues)

Leave it to chance (1996) # 1

Legion of Super-Heroes (Vol. 8) (2019) # 3

Nightwing (Vol. 4) (2016) # 50 - 54 (6 issues)

Southern Bastards (2013) # s 10 - 20 (11
    issues)

Star Trek (1969) # 3

The Savage Hawkman (2011) # 1 - 20, 0 (21 issues)

Thor (Vol. 6) (2020) # 1

Ultimate X- Men (2000) # 1 - 33 (33 issues)

Ultimate War (2002) #'s 1 - 4 (4 issues)

Issues read this month : 111

Issues read this year: 111
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

A good month to start the year

Goals
    Comics - 1000
    Books - 30

This Month

Comics - 181
    • Batman: Venom - 5
    • Hacktivists - 4
    • Negation - 37
    • Ordinary - 3
    • Sabrina - 9
    • Sally Heathcote: Suffragette - 8
    • Secret - 7
    • The Facts of Life - 10
    • The Fade Out - 12
    • The Last Days of American Crime - 3
    • The Underwater Welder - 10
    • To End All Wars - 15
    • Virgil - 4
    • WW: Deodato/Messner-Loebs - 15
    • WW: John Byrne - 39

Books - 5
    • Gerritsen: Presumed Guilty
    • James Bond: Solo
    • Languedoc Trilogy: Sepulchre
    • Morse: Service of all the Dead
    • Morse: The Dead of Jericho

Overall

Comics - 0
    January: 181
    February:
    March:
    April:
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October:
    November:
    December:

Books - 0
    January: 5
    February:
    March:
    April:
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October:
    November:
    December:

Complete Reading Record 2019

Comics
    • Batman: Venom - 5
    • Hacktivists - 4
    • Negation - 37
    • Ordinary - 3
    • Sabrina - 9
    • Sally Heathcote: Suffragette - 8
    • Secret - 7
    • The Facts of Life - 10
    • The Fade Out - 12
    • The Last Days of American Crime - 3
    • The Underwater Welder - 10
    • To End All Wars - 15
    • Virgil - 4
    • WW: Deodato/Messner-Loebs - 15
    • WW: John Byrne - 39

Books
    • Gerritsen: Presumed Guilty
    • James Bond: Solo
    • Languedoc Trilogy: Sepulchre
    • Morse: Service of all the Dead
    • Morse: The Dead of Jericho
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

The drive excel sheet really helped me out to keep track of my comic book reading. I'm kinda lazy to separate them between new reads and re-readings, but I will give some thoughts at the end of the post

Action Comics 1018 & 1019: 2
    The Omega Men The End is Here: 12
    Superman Red Son: 3
    My Hero Academia 253-257: 5
    Batman Rebirth: 1
    Batman (2016): 24
    Amazing Spider-Man 6&7 and 37 & 38: 4
    Black Widow (Waid&Samnee) 7-12: 6
    The Green Lantern 8-10: 3
    The Green Lantern Annual: 1
    The Doom Patrol, first year by Gerard and Derington: 12
    The Death of Superman: 7
    Reign of the Supermen: 20
    Green Lantern Emerald Dawn: 3
    Superman 19 (current title): 1
    The Complete Ben Reilly Epic 1-6: 91
    Batman/Elmer Fudd: 1
    Green Lantern Blackstars 3: 1
    Spider-Man 2099 (David&Leonardi) 1-5: 5

Total: 202

I'm super happy with this month regarding comicbooks. I enjoyed most of what I read and finally could read Doom Patrol and The Omega Men, which had been in my list from a long time, especially the latter. The Ben Reilly Epics took most of my time though I read them in few days, but basically were my sole reading those days, no books or anything meanwhile. I think the Clone Saga is pretty bad, but there're a few elements that I really like and wish they could have been handled better.

Books: 3

I only read three books this month, but I started War and Peace, which I doubt I will finish before February ends, especially since I have read just a few pages because I started the Ben Reilly Epics at almost the same time
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post

Thor: God Of Thunder 1-25 (25)
    These are the God Butcher stories, right? Man, those were so good!

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

For January, I'll estimate I read about 40 issues with a couple books being oversized.

Batman (DC 2016) #86
    Black Lightning (DC 1977) #1
    Conan 2099 (Marvel 2019) #1
    Dan Shamble: Zombie P.I./Kolchak The Night Stalker (Moonstone 2016) #1
    Green Arrow (DC 1988-1998) #81-86
    Marvel Graphic Novel (Marvel 1982) #4: The New Mutants
    Marvel Team-Up (Marvel 1972-1985) #100
    Morbius Revisited (Marvel 1993) #1-5
    Star Trek: Picard - Countdown (IDW 2019) #3
    Star Wars (Marvel 1977) #16, 27, 29, 50, 108
    Star Wars (Marvel 2020)#1-2
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra (Marvel 2016) #14–19
    Star Wars: The Rise Of Kylo Ren (Marvel 2019) #2
    True Believers: Conan Serpent War: The Valley of the Worm (Marvel 2019) #0
    Usagi Yojimbo: The Hidden (Dark Horse 2018) #1
    Wonder Woman (DC 2016) #750
    Wonder Woman: Amazonia (DC 1997) #1

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    These are the God Butcher stories, right? Man, those were so good!
    Yep, the first arc of Aaron’s run is The God Butcher. Talk about beginning with a bang. I’d always been bored silly with anything Thor-related, but this run has turned me around.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

January 1-31: 98 Books
    • Champions (2019) #1-10 (10)
    • Ironheart (2018-2019) #11-12 (2)
    • X-Force (2019-) #1-6 (7)
    • Marauders (2019-) #1-6 (7)
    • The Walking Dead Volume 1: Days Gone By (6)
    • Ultimate Spider-Man #78-85, Annual #1, Ultimate Spider-Man #86-90 (15)
    • Ultimate X-Men #66-74, Annual #2 (11)
    • Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four #1-2 (2)
    • Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #2 (2)
    • Ultimate Spider-Man #91-96, Annual #2 (8)
    • Ultimates Annual #2 (2)
    • Ultimate Spider-Man #97-105 (10)
    • Ultimate Power #1-9 (9)
    • Ultimate X-Men #75-80 (7)

Best Of: X-Force #1-6 (7)

Year Total: 98 Books

My books from January 16-31

Batman #86 - the beginning from Tynion take on Batman after King's run, remind me too much the beginning from The Court of Owls. Playing really safe.

Spider-Man Life Story #1-#6 - it's so good to see a traditional super hero story with beginning, middle and end! Poor Peter suffering a lot, but even all the mess with the clones was somehow explained. Recommend!

100 Bullets #1-#20 - the first time I read those stories was 10 years ago during college. My room mate's brother had the TPBs and I spend lots of days reading those bloody stories instead of actually studying haha but it was worth it! Now that I finally managed to buy all the HCs, I'm starting to read it again.

Dark Knigh Returns: The Golden Child - despite the messy Miller story, the art and lettering are just gorgeous and this is the first time in years and years that I felt Darkeid being actually menacing. Bonus points for mocking the fascist president from my country. I will count this as 2 issues.

Hellboy Winter Special 2020 - after the brutal ending of BPRD I disconnected myself a bit from the Mignolaverse and to be honest didn't understand what was going on at some stories. But the main one written by Mignola was pretty good as always. 1 issue.

Mesmo Delivery - Rafael Grampα is one of my favourite contemporary comic artists, his attention to detail and gore is impressive. Mesmo Delivery is a strange and short story that happens in an ambiguous place between Texas and the poor roadside cities from Brasil. I bought this one on a pretty new HC way bigger than the Marvel/DC omnibus (but smaller than Absolute Editions) and I loved the edition. I will count this as 2 issues.

Total: 32
    Year Total: 59
    Last edited by seusilva; 02-02-2020 at 10:23 AM.