Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I didn’t get close to what I wanted to read. Life sometimes just takes over.

Gotham Central: Vol. 1-4 (40 issues)

Going to start Wonder Woman Diana Prince: Celebrating the ‘60s Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    A good month to start the year

• The Fade Out - 12
    • The Last Days of American Crime - 3
    I loved The Last Days of American Crime art!
    The Fade Out is the Brubaker/Phillips book that I least enjoyed, don't know exactly why...

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I loved The Last Days of American Crime art!
    The Fade Out is the Brubaker/Phillips book that I least enjoyed, don't know exactly why...
    It was pretty damn nice art for sure, with a decent story. I just read Bloodthirsty: One Nation Under Water and the story was pretty mediocre to be honest, but the art was so damn good. It really emphasises the characters, kind of like everything else is slightly out of focus.

The Fade Out is actually their only work that I've read, but I believe the three of them (including Breitweiser as colourist) have a good reputation for the others works that they do together (although I think Philips' son takes over some colouring). I thoroughly enjoyed The Fade Out. Is it your least favourite and bad, or just not as good as the rest?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

All-New Member

As I mentioned earlier, I won't get anywhere near some of you cats, but here's my January. Started with several modern titles I found fairly meh, but I enjoyed the older stuff I read later in the month.

Amazing Mary Jane 1 - Big meh.

X-Men (2019) 2 - I'm losing interest in this quickly after the two mini series, which really only had 1-2 issues I really liked.

Fallen Angels (2019) 1

Conan the Avenger (2014) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - I keep looking for my entry point for Conan, but this isn't great. Struggled to finish the arc. I need to just go the five omnies of old material I have.

Scooby Apocalypse 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - Liked this, but don't love it yet.

Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality 1, 2 - Better than the first serious.

Soul Liquid Chambers (manga) Vol 1 Chapters 1-5

He-man and the Masters of the Multiverse 1 - Just awful.

Spawn 301 - Interesting, but no idea what was going on. I assumed this might be a jumping on point, but not even close.

Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol 1: 328, 331, 332, 333, 334 - Here we go. I've read the first few of these before, but I've never read the lions share of grey hulk despite loving smart hulk as a teen. Looking forward to the rest of the volume.

Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - I didn't intend to buy this because I read the Milestone edition of #1 back in the 1990s and found it somewhat archaic. But, Amazon had a sale, and since I already have Volume 2, I picked Vol 1 up. I'm really liking this stuff more than I expected. There's some just off-the -wall nonsense, but it's fun and I'm seeing why people talk about Kirby. I'm 60 years late to the party, but hey, better late than never.

January: 34

January:

Blueberry integraal 9 (dutch one): 10
    Rough riders complete: 17
    Absolute Scarlet: 10
    Promethea deluxe book 2: 11
    The Umbrella Academy Library Edition 1 & 2: 14

Total: 62

All-New Member

My third attempt at this. 2018: 700 (and a couple of books). 2019: 626 (and no books). 2020: 633 (no books) page count: 14784
    January:
    - Absolute Sandman 2 - 19 issues. 600 pages. Legendary stuff. Loved K.Jones' art and that whole arc is my fav so far.
    - Forbidden harbor by Teresa Radice and Stefano Turconi - 300 pages, ~14 issues. Loooooved the art, story is so-so, too much poetry citations for my taste.
    February:
    - The great death (Loisel and others) - A lot didn't make any sense, no backstory, confusing, but fun and fast read. Enjoyed the art. 488 pages, ~22 issues.
    - Daredevil FM companion omnibus - I enjoyed the original omnibus but this one not too much. 490 pages - 22 issues.
    March:
    - Jeremiah (Hermann) - 12 episodes so around 24 issues and 580 pages
    - Colt frontier (Sergio Toppi) - I dive in in every panel and lose myself in the art. 400 pages, ~18 issues.
    April:
    - The Goon LE3-5 ~1300 pages incl. the sketchbook sections. Loved every page. 59 issues.
    - TWD Comp1 - 1088 pages. 48 issues. It was about time i get to read this. Still missing the last comp... hope i get it soon and don't have to read online.
    - Gamayun tales 1&2 (The king of birds and The water spirit) - Beautifully painted children's books/comics. Recommended for youngsters. 128 pages, 6 issues.
    May/June/July:
    - TWD comp2&3 - 2176 pages, 96 issues. A blast.
    - Son of the gun (Jodorowsky/Bess) - 216 pages, 10 issues. Okayish, nothing special.
    - Rumble vol.1-3 (Arcudi/Harren) - 15 issues, 464 pages. Love Harren's art, but the writing is so-so. Far from bprd level.
    - Alack Sinner vol.2 (Munoz/Sampayo) - 316 pages, ~15 issues. Good but not as the first volume.
    - El Gaucho (Pratt/Manara) - 144 pages, 7 issues - Okay, but not as good as Indian Summer.
    - Legends of Tour de France (some dutch guy) - 150 pages, ~7 issues Boring ****..history in comic form, but no finesse no engagement..
    August:
    - Jeremiah (Hermann) vol. 11-12 - 6 episodes so around 12 issues and 280 pages. Not as good as they were, but some episodes were enjoyable.
    - Lobster Johnson vol. 4 - great one. 5 issues, 130 pages.
    - Severed (S.Snyder) - okayish, overhyped. 7 issues, 180 pages.
    - Complete Zombies vs Robots - amusing, art too sketchy at times and difficult to read. 160 pages, ~7 issues.
    - Chronicles of Hate (Adrian Smith) - 100 pages, ~4 issues. Love his illustrations/concepts but the art here albeit very atmospheric and cinematic is somewhat difficult to understand at times.. still great. Need to get the 2nd part now.
    - Black Science HC vol.1 - Second read to refresh my memory before continuing to the end. Wonderful, one of my faves. 16 issues, 470 pages.
    September/October/November:
    - Black Science HC vol.2-3 - Great comic series. 27 issues, ~800 pages.
    - Valentina (Crepax) vol.1-3 - weird comic way ahead of its time. Kind of a mixed bag for me. ~460 pages, so 21 issues.
    - Blueberry vol. 1 (1-3) - the legendary western, finally in my hands. First episodes are not that good in art/story but still enjoyable. 168 pages, 8 issues.
    - TWD compendium 4 - 1096 pages, 49 issues. Finally finished this.. Want to read it all over again. Great comic.
    December:
    - Batman GM run omnibus 1-3 - Not a big GM fan, but this came out very entertaining to me. ~2100 pages, 95 issues.(Issues count from approx. page count)
    Last edited by fichot; 12-28-2020 at 03:35 PM.

I am sooooo glad we can count rereads. because I am rereading so many from the early days of marvel just because I love them so much.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here are my reads for January 2020. My best total since June. Will try to get to at least 800 this year.

Alex + Ada #4-15 (13)
    Amazing Spider-Man #509-514 (6) (JMS Omni)
    Amazing Spider-Man #539-543 (5) (Back in Black OHC Vol.1)
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #17 (1) (Back in Black OHC Vol.1)
    Invincible #18-24; 0 (8)
    Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft #1-6 (6)
    Locke & Key: Head Games #1-6 (6)
    Meet the Skrulls #1-5 (5)

Total January 2020: 50

Alex + Ada was great!! Really loved Locke & Key too! Still need to get the other 2 volumes. The rest was pretty good too. Great month overall

Christ 1
    Christ 2
    Christ 3

Total:3
    Last edited by chongjasmine; 02-06-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Here is my list for the week. Best of the week. Doom, Black Cat and the early Amazing Spiderman. I love the early Lee Ditko stuff.

I finished my 1963 read list this week. I am going to move onto 1964 starting Sunday.

Amazing Spiderman - 7
    Black Cat - 1
    Doctor Doom - 1
    Fantastic Four - 13
    Journey Into Mystery - 12
    Strange Tales - 12
    Tales Of Suspense - 10
    Tales To Astonish - 12
    Uncanny Xmen - 2
    Wolverine/Black Cat Claws - 3

Weekly Total - 73
    Yearly Total - 384
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-10-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    The Fade Out is actually their only work that I've read, but I believe the three of them (including Breitweiser as colourist) have a good reputation for the others works that they do together (although I think Philips' son takes over some colouring). I thoroughly enjoyed The Fade Out. Is it your least favourite and bad, or just not as good as the rest?
    My problem probably is that I really love the other books haha
    The Sleeper is one of my favourite books ever, to people that enjoy spy tales it is a must read.
    And of course Breitweiser is amazing, forgot to mention her! Her colours match everything perfectly and I doubt Kill or Be Killed would be as good without it.
    Maybe my problem with The Fade Out was reading it monthly (diferent from Criminal which I read TPBs before getting the Deluxes).

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    My problem probably is that I really love the other books haha
    The Sleeper is one of my favourite books ever, to people that enjoy spy tales it is a must read.
    And of course Breitweiser is amazing, forgot to mention her! Her colours match everything perfectly and I doubt Kill or Be Killed would be as good without it.
    Maybe my problem with The Fade Out was reading it monthly (diferent from Criminal which I read TPBs before getting the Deluxes).
    Ah ye, it can make such a difference. I read most stuff in one go.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

K went through and updated my totals on my last few posts. I did my math wrong and was giving credit for more comics then I read. So it is fixed and I will be more careful in the future.

Christ 1-3
    Hellblazer 12
    Thor 176-178
    Total:6

Here is my week. I has been really slow on the comics front because I have been dealing with a lot of stuff. But I am hoping next week will be better for comics.

Amazing Spiderman - 16
    Avengers - 9
    Savage Avengers - 1
    Uncanny Xmen - 6

Weekly Total - 33
    Yearly Total - 417

The best of the week was The Amazing Spiderman. I am love I mean love the old Lee/Ditko stuff. I read Spiderman 16 which is my favorite issue of Amazing Spiderman. I hope to finish my 1964 year books next week.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-17-2020 at 06:16 AM.